NuDroid v3 - with Shapeshift integration now available on Google Play

There would be a cost to it and I doubt it can be done without subscription fees and sign-up of services. Feels like a bridge too far. A combination with a Nanocard provider and NuDroid might work. I’ve proposed such thing to Ronny already and I think @desrever posted his original idea (can’t find it quickly), but we never got it to the next step. Feel free to try again.

1 Like

EDIT : correct link : How to buy NuBits or NSR with CAD/AUD/NZD/JPY/HKD/AED/RUR

@desrever Eh, that’s a bike battery?

3 Likes

lol :smiley: Someone hacked my clipboard :

1 Like

You mentioned fidor right there. Sorry for going a bit off topic:

I was invited into bitcoin.de’s express trading beta, which offers instant bank wire transactions, if buyer and seller both have a bank account at fidor. You can trade btc -> eur back and forth with next to zero lag.

This bank seems to know, where the future is…

4 Likes

The CMC banner is up as contracted, As you might have heard Shapeshift.io is facing issues due to issues with the Bitcoin network. This is extremely unfortunate timing. I will hold off other activities till Shapeshift service is working properly again with Bitcoin. :frowning:

It is worth to have a look at the banner though, it cycles with 3 others so you need to reload the page a few times.

7 Likes

Only took three reloads. That looks really really good. I hope it drives some attention towards Nu.
Thanks for your continued hard work on this @cybnate

3 Likes

Very very good!

Those who don’t actually use it will see the ad and get the message – ad mission accomplished; Those who use mobile wallet will think going pure Nubits – still very good result.

1 Like

The banner looks very well! What are the conditions for using that animated gif? For example: is it allowed to distribute that gif?

2 Likes

I would be also interested in setting the banner in my web site.

1 Like

Great work @Cybnate. So far today we’ve received 71 new users from Coinmarketcap.com, compared to 4 yesterday and 9 the day before that. There is no question that the advertisement is generating new attention and awareness. Please keep us updated on the download totals of NuDroid!

@masterOfDisaster @cryptog I’ve uploaded the banner to https://nubits.com/sites/default/files/assets/NuBits_Banner-4x.gif . Anyone is free to use it wherever they like.

5 Likes

Could you clarify what new users means? People who linked from coinmarketcap to nubits.com?

Google Analytics can track where nubits.com is acquiring new users from - those who are defined simply as “a first-time user”. They are the users who Google Analytics think have never visited our webpage before. Naturally, we want to convert those new users to regular users who keep coming back.

We can track new users coming from a Twitter post, a Google search, or a website referral. In this case, 71 new users have been directed from coinmarketcap.com to nubits.com in the past day (out of 118 visitors from coinmarketcap.com total - a very high percentage of new users).

In comparison to the average amount of new users who have visited our site each day from CMC over the past month and a half, it’s clear the NuDroid advertising is drawing a lot of new users.

4 Likes

Thank you.

By the way, I am wondering where is stored the blockchain.
I guess it is provided by a centralized server which does not store your private keys.
Is that correct?

That is partially correct. It stores a lightweight version of the blockchain on the device. The private keys stays on your device. With the next version of NuDroid you can run your own server and with that NuDroid will be trustless.

2 Likes

Just dropped a Nudroid announcement post in the Bitcoin forums here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0

Won’t hurt to keep it on top of the ranks. Maybe some feedback and recommendation from users who are already using NuDroid. Some examples where you used it etc.

Nice.

Did someone already post about NuDroid in bitcoin reddit btw?

and r/cryptocurrency. r/bitcoin will bury it, but it’s particularly pertinent there so we should post it in both.

1 Like

Man I nearly missed this!

I’m just gonna leave this here, as I didn’t see it on the forums anywhere else.

Can’t -wait!

Edit: I think it looks good on the front page of www.nupool.net

4 Likes