[Passed] NuDroid upgrade v5 (April 2016)



should i wait for download all the block?

You can receive funds without full synchronisation, though you will have to wait for the synchronisation before your transaction shows as confirmed and you can spend the funds.

oh no…

i still have to download the block :joy:

Make sure you vote for the upgrade. No need to download all block headers any longer.

A post was split to a new topic: NuDroid integration with NuLagoon

This grant passed! It is exciting to see further investments in NuDroid.

I’ve just countersigned the contract and will transfer the first term of 4,000 NBT in next 24h. This will formally start the contract and with that the development for release 1.


Developer Matthew has started the work on NuBitsj and while he is busy for a while I like to share you a few ways you can use the NuDroid wallet for soon:

When you happen to live in the Swiss town of Zug you can pay for public services with NuDroid. It is a trial, but still.

When you happen to be a user of the popular Lastpass password manager you can settle for the paid accounts with NuDroid’s shapeshifted Bitcoin’s anytime soon. http://thebitcoinnews.com/password-manager-lastpass-hints-at-bitcoin-acceptance/

The gamers amongst us probably already know that popular service Steam also accepts NuDroid’s shapeshifted Bitcoins from the NuDroid wallet. http://www.pcmag.com/news/344114/steam-now-accepting-bitcoin

Unfortunately you all need to have a bit more patience as Shapeshift.io is still building on their infrastructure after the hacks and have yet to add back NuBits. The response I had upon querying them is that they couldn’t provide a timeline but that they will be supporting all coins supported before the hack. I’ve good hopes that they will have added back the NuBits coin before release 2 (receiving Bitcoins and others with NuDroid) will be ready to be tested.

1 Like

Update: Great news, just noticed that NuBits have been added back to Shapeshift.io. That means you can again pay everywhere Bitcoin is accepted with your NuDroid wallet.


Considering the recent downtime of Shapeshift I wonder how expensive an integration of Blocktrades would be.
Technically it should be possible similar to Shapeshift, but what do I know…
Having a conversion selector displaying the rates of both exchanges would be nice :wink:

From https://blocktrades.us/about

Based on that full API integration did cost 14k and latest updates to API are 7k, my guestimate would be somewhere in the middle say $10k depending on all the ‘nice’ features you want to have.

However I would recommend to eye for some kind of B&C integration as the next step as it would make NuDroid even more resilient, but I have to declare an interest as B&C shareholder here :slight_smile:
Henry suggested an integration with NuLagoon, but given it workings that might be a bit complex to make it seamless and user friendly. Maybe something for the next release? Like to hear opinions of others.

I would explore both first before looking into BlockTrades. We don’t know much about that company and who is behind it and whether they are still around next year. Just my views.

Quick update regarding development of release 1:

Changes have been merged from bitcoinj 0.13.6 into nubitsj. Modifying some elements for Nu and getting the unit tests working are now being progressed. After that the changes will be merged into NuDroid. After testing that, the work on the other changes for the first release commences.

See the details of the release here: https://daology.org/proposals/b90d9bcdbaee28337bc017e605e21f4b40109c9d

1 Like

I’ve almost finished the changes to nubitsj. There is just one bug that I need to fix. One of the things included with this nubitsj update is a module named wallettemplate which provides a template that developers can use to create wallet-based applications.


The required changes to NuBitsj have been done and uploaded to my repo here: https://github.com/Cybnate/NuBitsj. This basically represents the work to date for release 1. Feel free to make copies as it is under an open source license, but still copyrighted to the NuShareholders.

Nubitsj is only a kind of middleware and doesn’t do anything by itself, but is very useful to build upon as Matthew showed above. Maybe it can still be used for B&C or Peercoin. To transfer NuDroid towards the new platform more needs to be done and doesn’t provide immediate value in itself. Significant work still needs to be done to finish the activities for release 1 (valued at $4,000 or 4000 properly pegged NuBits).

Given the current situation I suggest it is best to indefinitely postpone this contract and NuDroid development until the peg is restored or another mutual agreement to continue the development can be reached between the Shareholders and myself representing the developer.

I propose that I will keep the funds for another 3 months or so and then burn them unless another agreement is reached beforehand. I will raise a motion accordingly soon.


With the peg re-established, you might want to check out your NuDroid wallet. In the last few weeks Matthew worked on a few issues to fix a corrupted database on the server. We also went back from Nu v2.1 to v2.0x.

I just synced my NuDroid successfully up to today. It will take about 30-40 minutes depending on your network connection if you haven’t updated in the last 3 months. The NuBits explorer is also back online and synced. Please let me know if you have any issues.

As you know the last grant which also was supposed to fix the long sync times is on hold. Will work with @phoenix and @MatthewLM to determine a time to continue the work on the grant.


With the loss of the secondary server Anton for NuDroid and the greatly reduced usage of NuDroid according to the server statistics (hits), I wonder whether it is worth to continue to invest in this service. The current service also needs to renewed (domain, certificates etc.) within a month.

I’m particularly reaching out to the ‘new’ shareholders who are not that chatty in this forum and @phoenix whether they still see value in a decentralised easy to use mobile wallet like NuDroid or that they prefer to have the service handed over to them and centralised or just decommissioned being heavily focussed on centralised exchanges and liquidity.

In discussion with the developer it became clear that the risk profile of being paid in NBT has increased and that he wishes to have more upfront payment than the original contract allowed for. I believe that is reasonable given the current state of affairs. The other option is to wait until e.g. the New Year assuming the reserve targets have been met by then and leave the current NuDroid service provisioning in a less than desirable current state.

I think NuDroid is a state of the art product with many opportunities which will encourage usage of NuBits as it was always intended and generating transaction fees. NuDroid is not only about holding a stable cryptocurrency in a wallet, but also having the ability to seamlessly spend them everywhere major cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitcoin and Litecoin) are accepted. The current proposal also includes adding Ethereum to that list and almost instant use after startup (no lengthy syncs). And on top of that strong selling points as no user logging, no user tracking, no advertisements. We will also need to find another NuDroid server host to provide the desired robustness with Anton’s disappearance.

I hope the ‘new’ shareholders see the value in investing in NuDroid now too, and I’m looking forward to feedback.

1 Like

After a week no response is not great. @jooize @phoenix, other shareholders, any views?

Continue the contract and have the first release (we already paid 50% of) before Xmas, wait until after Xmas or just burn the funds and end the contract indefinitely.

I believe nudroid has value. However it will be used only if nubits is accepted widely as a crypto dollar, which supposes plenty of liquidity at our disposal…

What’s your plan to sustain that liquidity?

Sorry Cybnate, I missed your post from a week ago. I would like to keep NuDroid. How much we should pay for it at this point is another question. I know US-NBT is supported on Coinomi, which has much wider distribution, so that is a factor in deciding how much we should spend.

I don’t see any reason I should be directly involved though. It is outside the scope of liquidity operations. Any request for funding can be made directly to shareholders.