[Outdated] (limited) Warning about Poloniex

the support ticket is now 1 hour old. no updates yet. but I don’t deny the possibility that after so many exchanges “getting hacked” I have become very paranoid about them and I start suspecting the worst at the first sight of problems. In this business, such mistakes cannot be forgiven. It’s not professional. And when an exchange is not professional they will be “hacked” sooner or later. A big warning sign for me.

Maybe the user interface and the internal calculation are not yet aligned?
From my experience withdrawing gateway proceeds I know that it normally goes quite fast, but sometimes takes a while.
Most times I don’t recognize the delay, because lately I didn’t trade on Poloniex and used it for operating the gateways. Normally I first issue the withdrawal, the start writing a status report and until I need the tx ID to link the transaction, it’s there.
If they have a soundly designed cold storage and the hot wallet is empty, they need to go (physically!) to the cold storage (because it’s completely offline) and move balances from there using a thumbdrive or anything else.
If you try to withdraw smaller amounts you might be lucky if somebody deposits funds in the emptied hot wallet.
I’ve just checked: I’m waiting for the withdrawal of NBT to be processed for 20 minutes now, but not for the first time…

Sounds like you should try NuLagoon Tube.

yesterday my nbt withdraw took more than 30min to be processed. first time in my memory. just a data point.

1 hour for me :frowning:

Any complaints in the trollbox?
I suppose it would be full of rants if this were a general issue.

1 Like

I just withdraw some BTC, it took 5 minutes!
way faster than NBT!
very strange :slight_smile:

Did some Peercoins. 3 min! :smile:

For the record, I just received the transaction. So that’s good at least.

1 Like

Another one for the record: 6,800 NBT withdrawal from gateway to FLOT address has been processed by Poloniex.
A 1 NBT withdrawal I made for testing later (when I stumbled upon this thread) is still pending.

I also had issues with withdrawal of NBT/NSR off polo since last week taking hours even a day to process from pending very annoying too open tickets for this when normally takes only a few minute
edit:
i just talk too one of the polo mods telling him im still having problems with withdrawals and a lot were having the same wd issues with NBT/NSR he said he would forward the information to support also if anyone as the same issue to open a ticket to resolve this matter faster

FYI I initiated a nsr withdrawal yesterday @ Polo, pending for 8 hours. Sent a ticket, they canceled my withdrawal. Re-initated this morning, still pending :confused:

you can ask a mod to cancel they have the power to cancel pending wd I tried some NBT today took me 2 Hours seems to take longer on NSR’s I hope they fix it soon before the buyback needs to withdrawal for burning

it worked eventually

That really sounds like low balance on hot wallets - or something else…

I just observed they activated the splitoutputs at 10k … Is that a reccomended settings for an exchange ? cc @sigmike

If they want to mint with them, while they hold them… :wink:

They will pay more fees with this setting but it’s better for their users (if they intend to mint).

I’ve got a withdrawal on Poloniex of ~400 NBT that’s been “PROCESSING” since Jan 20 (~2 days now).

Going to kick it to support and will update if I hear anything.

2 Likes

Opened a support ticket, and they replied back – NBT deposit went through. Looks like all’s going OK on their side.

1 Like

Poloniex are crooks. They are manipulating the market themselves and they stole $10K from me.