[Outdated] (limited) Warning about Poloniex

Opened a support ticket, and they replied back – NBT deposit went through. Looks like all’s going OK on their side.

1 Like

Poloniex are crooks. They are manipulating the market themselves and they stole $10K from me.

well, then this is the right place for you because if possible, @jooize is going to take some money from you, too. Nushares is among the biggest crypto scams ever. The “lead architect” told the whole community that he has been hacked 3 times within 3 months and “lost” hundreds of millions of shareholder funds. He apologized as he couldn’t prove that he was hacked and promised that he didn’t take the money himself. Aha, interesting… You should definitely be extremely careful, and @jooize is doing the exact same thing as @Phoenix. Front-running buybacks and stuff. Pays himself a nice load of money every month from shareholder funds, etc.

Poloniex is manipulating the prices of coins so they can buy/sell at a significant profit on their own exchange. For example, the other day pre-pump LTC was over $1 less at Poloniex than it was anywhere else. After the pump, it was $6 more than it was anywhere else and then dumped down to less than anywhere else. Now while one may suspect that it’s Poloniex, it could be someone else simply doing it via Poloniex. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt until I started watching the order books for Monero the other night. Sell orders were executing at $5-10 above market price. It is literally impossible for anyone to execute those orders except someone working within Poloniex. If a trader could execute his sells at any price at any time, we would all be rich overnight. Put in an order to sell your NXT at $500/ea and you’ll be sipping margaritas on the beach in no time.

• And my withdrawal simply sat in “Pending” status with no response from Poloniex. I then found an article about Poloniex getting hacked a little while back. 12% of BTC was stolen and they took a little out of each customer’s account to cover the loss. He said he had to because he didn’t have the money to cover the loss on his own. That tells us, unequivocally, that he is using that money - customers’ money - for other investments instead of holding it in escrow like he’s legally bound to do.