What will be paid to B&C exchange developer

Unlikely. But anyway, you might want to send them direct messages pointing to this thread, so that they receive email notifications.

As far as I know nobody knows Jordan in real life. He has always communicated with the team through bitmessage or applications through tor. He has in the past refused to use certain mediums if he didn’t feel they provided him a level of anonymity he is comfortable with. Other than Ben I’ve not met any current or previous team members outside the internet.

1 Like

I assume none of you have heared anything from him either?

I can only speak for myself, but I’ve not heard from him. It doesn’t appear that he’s been in the development chats recently either.

Hi guys,

I think I make mistake today. I am really sorry for my misunderstand the assistant. In the email he said I would be paid according to the market rate of nubits, not 1$=1 Nubit. it means it is burning through funds faster than expected, so they cant fund my position as long (with the same Nubit budget) . So he suggested me to ask you guys can I be paid bks. sorry again.

1 Like

@CoinGame, is this unusual for him? I’m not sure how often he is available for development related issues. If for some reason he never came back, do you believe the current team knows enough about his design to be able to finish it without him, assuming we were able to generate enough funds for development with something like this…

I have no idea who he is in real life. As with @CoinGame, I’ve only corresponded with him through BitMessage and Tor, and I haven’t met anyone in person from these forums. I have no idea what the status is of B&C Exchange, why @JordanLee isn’t responding, or what’s happening at all really.

Jordan is also Jordan’s assistant. And Jordan is not his real name. Welcome to crypto. :stuck_out_tongue:

But if @JordanLee is also @Phoenix then he’s still around the forums. Or maybe @Phoenix is just trying to impersonate him?? His jokes with Mr Bean seem a bit uncharacteristic, so I’m not 100% sure.

There were posts from Superman as well in his thread about becoming chief of liquidity operations, but I think they were deleted. I thought they were from Jordan/Phoenix at first as well, but then the Superman account said Phoenix should work for free without payment in NSR, something which he wouldn’t have said if the account was under the control of Phoenix. So maybe the Mr. Bean and Superman accounts are not from him after all and are simply joke accounts that outsiders are using to play pranks on us.

So he suggested me to ask you guys can I be paid bks. sorry again.

I think most of us here would be fine with you being paid in BKS, as long as it means B&C actually comes out and this whole thing hasn’t been a massive waste of time, energy, hopes and dreams.

1 Like

This would mean we have a few questions to answer.

• With Jordan going rogue, do the current B&C supporters have enough BKS to pass motions, grants, create signers, ect. In other words, do we actually have majority control of the network? Could we arrange to pay @eleven without Jordan?
  1. Have the specifications been detailed enough for Eleven or other developers to finish B&C without any further input from Jordan?
1 Like

If we don’t, perhaps v5.0 is ready for release. That is the release that needs 55% upgraded in order for the protocol switch to occur. It would cut the people not upgrading out of the equation. It would also remove the people minting without voting, because the default behavior should now be set to abstain from voting as Jordan talked about doing before. This means people minting without voting would no longer effect the outcome and we could most likely successfully pass a BlockShares grant. @CoinGame, do you also know if this release is almost ready to go? Sorry to ask you so many questions, but we don’t have Jordan to rely on at the moment.

I asked CoinGame this above, so hopefully he knows the answer.

1 Like

The last thing that needs thorough testing is the vote abstaining. Unfortunately the NuBits crash and having to pay the final fee out of my own pocket for the NuBits.com open sourcing (as a result of the crash) has complicated things for me. I won’t be able to continue with the testing as a result for the time being. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to return.

Much of 5.0 code is complete though and simply needs to be confirmed as working, and maybe some restructure to the UX in how abstained votes are presented.

I’m not sure about the second question to be honest. We should have been testing trading by now, but the failure to upgrade the protocol has disrupted the process significantly. NuBits price crash has tremendously complicated things further.

So basically Eleven needs payment through BlockShares. If apathetic voters are interfering too much for us to be able to vote for a BlockShares grant for him, (still not sure if it will be a problem) v5.0 won’t be able to help with this problem because it’s not done testing yet. What if proceeds from NSR sales were able to help you finish testing? What would you need from us if we were able to get that to you?

You should request a payment to cover the costs you paid in advance from your own pocket.

2 Likes

Yes, I believe @CoinGame should do both. The 1st NuShare auction ends today I believe. He should ask for compensation for what he needed to pay out of pocket for the website work. He should also ask for compensation to finish testing B&C v5.0, so we can get the protocol updated and pay Eleven in BKS.

The way I see it, NSR sales can only do so much, and I highly doubt we’ll be able to raise enough to cover over $700k. The only option that I see that has a chance of success is getting B&C the funding they need to finish and release it. Then B&C can use a percentage of its profit to lift Nu slowly out of debt. That is the only viable option that I can see. Please read @Dhume’s thread about it here…

What about all other contractors who have nubits that are worth a fraction now?

1 Like

They should do the same.
Keeping the system running is more important than chasing after the peg.
You need contractors to keep the system running.

Yep, if they all leave because of lack of payment then we’re definitely screwed. The peg is lost. Everybody knows it now. We need to choose the most viable path forward with the biggest chance of success. B&C has a viable revenue model, unlike Nu. We can use this to our advantage, but that can only happen if our contractors continue to get paid. It is in Nu’s best interest to make sure that keeps happening.

1 Like

First, we need a leader in B&C development, @sigmike? Or @eleven? @CoinGame?

Then if the new leader and other dev accept BKS, bks shareholder should grant some BKS to them. That’s dilution, I and @dhume are both big and active shareholders, so we can help the motion to pass.

How much time and money do we need to finish B&C project?!