Reality check on ethereum

Wow! this would be amazing. Augur is well positioned to become one of the first very successful Ethereum Dapps. They raised over 5.3 million USD in their IPO. If they would start using Nubits for even a small portion of their business we would see a huge increase in Nubits demand.

Is there anything we can do to make this happen?

@JordanLee and the developers would have a better understanding of the technical requirements, but I believe we need to wait for Bitcoin’s development team to complete their implementation of sidechains. This is barring a scenario where we pioneered them ourselves.

Wouldn’t they prefer their SDR-pegged DAI?

I’m not sure I follow why would we be depended on the implementation of sidechains?

DAI isnt tried and proven like Nubits :wink:

Also I feel the DAI model from what i’ve seen about it will be very different from what we are.

ETHEREUM SAFE OR NOT TO USE?https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/48oorr/is_it_safe_to_use_the_kraken_eth_export_tool_for/

I think the main reason is that there would be very high transaction rates. The NuBits blockchain (or any other blockchain known) is not efficient enough for that. I think it is also the biggest challenge for B&C.
To make NuBits a real transactional currency which can compete with fiat currency and related payment systems, sidechains or similar solutions needs to be implemented first.

Could a “NuRelay” similar to BTCrelay be an alternative to Bitcoin sidechains? It allows Ethereum contracts to be run based on activity from the Bitcoin blockchain.

The Dogecoin community is working on a version, Ethereum’s founder (Vitalik Buterin) is contributing his efforts. “…the ultimate goal being to create an ethereum based token that keeps value at 1:1 for a dogecoin and can be used to run smart contracts.”

Is an Ethereum stable-token backed by Nubits possible/desirable?

I am skeptical.

How secure/reliable is the Ethereum Wallet?

It seems like many ethereum users cannot retrieve their funds with an atomic self-contained wallet -
They have to use an online wallet to retrieve their funds – To me, that s a huge red flag
For example: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4ad01u/trying_to_open_a_presale_wallet/

Anyone can confirm?

So they can’t sell easily, also a way to increase price temporarily :slight_smile:

Yet, another video on ethereum, rather interesting and recent one:

2 Likes

Latest presentation of Vitalik on Ethereum:

Ethereum: The Road Ahead

1 Like

The number/type of issues is very concerning: https://github.com/ethereum/mist/issues

Anyone ever exposed?

1 Like

How does peershares compare?

I agree

1 Like

I think it’s too early to tell that and a lot of people see a big potential (that yet needs to unfold).
Just imagine Ethereum goes PoS, will be easily sustainable and one of the important infrastructure service providers of the future.
How would you value such a corporation?
Have you recognized what happens with shares of infrasctructure services on blockchain?
If not, have a look at, say, Emercoin

2 Likes

In this disruptive crypto world you cant be 100% sure of anything :stuck_out_tongue: