Phoenix will no longer be holding keys to shareholder funds

And @woolly_sammoth, I missed him in the mod list.

And it looks like a majority of the deleted/hidden posts (all were in April, May?) were removed by @woolly_sammoth. I’m looking deeper and will provide additional information if I have it.

1 Like

And also, keep in mind that I already paid for the bad words I am using. I paid almost $20,000 dollars for the right to call @Phoenix a pile of shit. What more can you ask for? Tell me, please.

@cryptog flagged this post as “inappropriate”. Which is why it was suppressed.

I’m temporarily (and potentially permanently) removing their moderator privileges until I can understand more about why they’ve been using them as a crudgel for valid (albeit rough) statements like yours vs a scalpel for single word garbage posts.

I will remove my posts where I stated that you @Ben are part of this scam. I thought it is you removing all that stuff. I apologize.

@cryptog I warn you. You are indeed publicly known. I understand you are neck deep into Nu, but helping people like @Phoenix and @jooize pull this scam off makes you a great target for some lawsuit action.

And your brother @crypto_coiner is a psychopath, too.

If enough of the remaining known community members feel that the forums are enabling problematic behavior, rather than enlightening people to the positives and negatives, I’ll shut them down immediately.

We intentionally set up the boards from the start to be as privacy-enabling as possible. All traffic runs through Cloudflare, which strips off identifying metadata like IP. This decision was made when we launched because of the unknown legal risks that could put all forum members in danger.

Whether or not it was a good decision, is debatable.

I understand. It would be a very hard route to search for people via ISPs anyway. Poloniex might be the only ones having valuable information here.

I don’t quite agree with this sentiment. If you run a discussion board which is the main exchange point for obviously illegal activity, then you cannot justify it simply by also allowing posts that call the scammers out, because the scammers have a larger incentive to scam than other people to prevent scam. I mean you also cannot run a dark market product platform but then tell the court that you are fine because you allowed to discuss the legal status of the products on your platform (even if you don’t make money from it).

You’ve always been the idea guy. What’s the best solution here.

I won’t make a unilateral, knee-jerk decision about this because of one opinion. But you are right, @Creon, if the forums are considered by most to solely be a vehicle for purposes that break from their original mandate, they are no longer useful.

I’ll post a topic and ask for wider community feedback.

2 Likes

The persons who keep this machinery running are @jooize and @Phoenix by afaik currently buying back those millions of stolen shares using BTC taken from NSR buyers over the last months. The only reason they do it (if they even do it as they post) is to make this particular post so people are lured into the believe that buying NSR or NBT is a good idea (Jordan even phrased this giant theft here as positive).

Banning these two people certainly would reduce their impact to a minimum, however, what is this forum then? If people decide to catch up on what is there (in an honest way) then there it surely still has some value. But if this forum is essentially dead if you remove those two figures from the stage, then I am asking myself why it should be kept alive.

1 Like

This is just insane. And that is why I asked @Phoenix several times whether he is giggling while he writes his posts. Is that dude even serious at all? Imagine how he is making fun of people that might have invested some of their money into this project. How the hell can you call a giant theft of 1 billion NSR being dumped on the market a great buying opportunity? This is real comedy. Extremely sad comedy.

We could lock the forums and leave it up as a long form how-to guide on how not to run a blockchain. Some developers came to the chatrooms looking for abandoned blockchain projects to take over. There might be other groups. Though the voting aspect of nu makes it really difficult to jumpstart again without taking control of existing shares. There’s really no optimal solution though options exist

2 Likes

Interesting. Maybe they are interested in the exchange support or branding, but with this share distribution and current exchange support it is hard to believe that someone is seriously interested in doing that.

Honestly I think the archive idea is pretty nice. And not just because of the bad things in the end, but also because of the great things that were achieved before. Nu wasn’t a bad thing that took a while to reveal itself, it was a good thing that became bad and people might be able to learn from that.

2 Likes

Well, it started out with quite a shady coin distribution if you remember that. “Special seed investors” is a standard term that found its way into Nu as much as into B&CExchange. And both projects are into shambles. Voting turned out to be a ridiculous mechanism under that circumstances, it is literally worthless. And as long as @JordanLee could mint the hell out of his majority stakes and sell it slowly to the market, everything was fine to him. He might have underestimated the consequences of the buyback scam he pulled off, but in the end he cashed in a lot of money over the course of the last few years.

I like this idea better than removing it completely. @CoinGame’s idea has my vote.

This is very true, don’t forget the undisclosed architect salary he received in the early days as well as the compensation for his current activity. Sad to say, he is definitely the financial winner of this whole story with @jooize on place 2 and I would say @henry on place 3.

edit: on the other hand, he lost his entire wallet funds three times, so there is a real chance that his profits were redistributed to some 12 year old hackers.

Did the buyback NSR be abandoned?
The community gave up on the NSR?
Why can’t we roll it back?

And you know what @creon? Could you please provide evidence that @henry isn’t place 1, too? :wink:

1 Like

@henry also cashed in for the development of that very basic BKS exchange and for many other things… And now the loyal @henry disappeared and with him some BKS from @Sentinelrv.