[Passed] Peercoin FLOT Reserve

The number of emergencies could be vastly reduced by the dual side NuBots on Poloniex. We seem to have a arrived in a time, in which emergency is not the standard.

PPC emergencies are expected to be far rarer than btc ones.

And even the “BTC emergencies” are more or less under control at the moment.

I can be a peercoin FLOT member as it does not entail additional work compared to being a BTC FLOT member except for managing a peercoin private key but I would also encourage other members (especially the ones that made a FLOT membership proposal that did not pass such as @crypto_coiner ) to propose their services.
The goal being to further decentralize the network.

1 Like

A lot of the overhead is probably in monitoring walls and figuring out how to balance liquidity. Supporting PPC will not cause more work immediately (the infrastructure is not in place yet for PPC/NBT), but there will be some extra burden at some point.

There has been less signing in the past month, and the NSR group is already not as busy as the NBT group. The division of NSR/NBT groups was an artificial one as limited by the multisig support by Nu. This should not give a total division of labor; some responsibilities can and should still be shared by both groups, at least within the extent of the 145 NBT pay. Sell-side and buy-side are two sides of the same coin so FLOT operations can greatly benefit from discussion coming from both sides.

A better solution, of course, is to ask @sigmike whether standardizing 15-of-15 multisig can be done in 2.1, so that all of us are in the game.

It can be done, but it won’t work very well until many nodes have upgraded, because older versions will not propagate these transactions (they will accept them within a block though).

Another solution is to build a 2.0.x with only this change.

1 Like

Great, it would be even better to put it in 2.0.x. If there are no hidden traps then the sooner the better, to shorten the wait for a critical mass to do efficient propagation. Thanks!

a[quote=“cryptog, post:56, topic:3337”]
the ones that made a FLOT membership proposal that did not pass such as @crypto_coiner ) to propose their services.
[/quote]

I should be able to make myself available

1 Like

If no new FLOT motion is passed in the next 2 weeks, current FLOT will need to form the PPC reserve or sacrifice my services as executor. The reserve will require at least 4 signers.

I can sign it under the same condition as for the BTC FLOT but only once a month. Might do it more often.

As PPC is supported by Cointoolkit and by design no frequent transactions are required, I’m available for PPC multisig.

I’m available to be a signer for the Peercoin reserve.

1 Like

Still valid.

Still valid –

If you want to become a member of FLOT you only have 12 days to pass a motion.

1 Like

I’ll propose a motion – thanks for the reminder

1 Like
1 Like

@cybnate @crypto_coiner @jooize @mhps @masterOfDisaster @dhume @cryptog @dysconnect

Please get a multisig together and tested before april (15 days). 3-of-5 would be fine, i know @dysconnect and @cryptog expressed hesitations.

1 Like

Please post PPC pubkeys here:

1 Like

At your service–