[Passed] Peercoin FLOT Reserve

If no new FLOT motion is passed in the next 2 weeks, current FLOT will need to form the PPC reserve or sacrifice my services as executor. The reserve will require at least 4 signers.

I can sign it under the same condition as for the BTC FLOT but only once a month. Might do it more often.

As PPC is supported by Cointoolkit and by design no frequent transactions are required, Iā€™m available for PPC multisig.

Iā€™m available to be a signer for the Peercoin reserve.

1 Like

Still valid.

Still valid ā€“

If you want to become a member of FLOT you only have 12 days to pass a motion.

1 Like

Iā€™ll propose a motion ā€“ thanks for the reminder

1 Like
1 Like

@cybnate @crypto_coiner @jooize @mhps @masterOfDisaster @dhume @cryptog @dysconnect

Please get a multisig together and tested before april (15 days). 3-of-5 would be fine, i know @dysconnect and @cryptog expressed hesitations.

1 Like

Please post PPC pubkeys here:

1 Like

At your serviceā€“

This

does not agree with this

in how PPC reserve is calculated. Is it 5% of the buyback pool (circulating nbt minus 15% minus nusafe) or circulating nbt ?

Why not? 5% of the overflow are used to purchase PPC until the PPC reserve exceeds 5% of the circulating NBT.
One defines when to buy PPC and the other until what threshold is reached, no?

1 Like

OK. It would be great if this ambiguity can be removed.

MoD is correct, those are two different situations and could in theory be different numbers. For simplicity i just made them both 5%.

So we have two conditions that can be met both, either, or none.

One condition is ā€˜btc overflowā€™ which happens when the standard is positive (i.e. we have more than 15% btc reserves). When this condition is met we seek to buy nsr and ppc with a market velocity of 5% of the btc overflow for each.

The other condition is ppc overflow which has not happened and likely wonā€™t happen for some time. That condition is met when we have 5% ppc reserves with reference to the circulating nubit debt. So:
ppc reserve - 0.05*(nbt debt) = ppc overflow
The market velocity is such that 5% of that overflow is sold for btc.

When both conditions are met the portion of btc overflow that would be used to buy ppc is instead used to buy nsr.

I know itā€™s complicated, but I thought there was sufficient precident for overflow mechanics that shareholders would understand. Iā€™ll do my best to clear this all up in the upper tier motion. Using the language of the ā€˜standardā€™ will be helpful I think.

It is. I have worked on the buyback script for more than 6 hours today and is still not getting all the cases right.

1 Like

Practically speaking, just ignore the ppc overflow stuff for now. The only changes that matter are like i listed.

1. No more nusafe in buyback calculations
  2. Reduce velocity from 10% to 5%
  3. Mirror any nsr buys with ppc buys

Letā€™s just stick with that for now. The complication only comes when the ppc reserve starts filling up (where weā€™ll need to start using a ppc price feed), but weā€™ll probably be operating with a different iteration of this motion by then.

already got that working. btc-e avg ppc_btc. that was the easy part.

What are you coding in? I can probably show you if itā€™s something im familiar with.