[Passed] NuDroid upgrade v5 (April 2016)

The required changes to NuBitsj have been done and uploaded to my repo here: https://github.com/Cybnate/NuBitsj. This basically represents the work to date for release 1. Feel free to make copies as it is under an open source license, but still copyrighted to the NuShareholders.

Nubitsj is only a kind of middleware and doesn’t do anything by itself, but is very useful to build upon as Matthew showed above. Maybe it can still be used for B&C or Peercoin. To transfer NuDroid towards the new platform more needs to be done and doesn’t provide immediate value in itself. Significant work still needs to be done to finish the activities for release 1 (valued at $4,000 or 4000 properly pegged NuBits).

Given the current situation I suggest it is best to indefinitely postpone this contract and NuDroid development until the peg is restored or another mutual agreement to continue the development can be reached between the Shareholders and myself representing the developer.

I propose that I will keep the funds for another 3 months or so and then burn them unless another agreement is reached beforehand. I will raise a motion accordingly soon.


With the peg re-established, you might want to check out your NuDroid wallet. In the last few weeks Matthew worked on a few issues to fix a corrupted database on the server. We also went back from Nu v2.1 to v2.0x.

I just synced my NuDroid successfully up to today. It will take about 30-40 minutes depending on your network connection if you haven’t updated in the last 3 months. The NuBits explorer is also back online and synced. Please let me know if you have any issues.

As you know the last grant which also was supposed to fix the long sync times is on hold. Will work with @phoenix and @MatthewLM to determine a time to continue the work on the grant.


With the loss of the secondary server Anton for NuDroid and the greatly reduced usage of NuDroid according to the server statistics (hits), I wonder whether it is worth to continue to invest in this service. The current service also needs to renewed (domain, certificates etc.) within a month.

I’m particularly reaching out to the ‘new’ shareholders who are not that chatty in this forum and @phoenix whether they still see value in a decentralised easy to use mobile wallet like NuDroid or that they prefer to have the service handed over to them and centralised or just decommissioned being heavily focussed on centralised exchanges and liquidity.

In discussion with the developer it became clear that the risk profile of being paid in NBT has increased and that he wishes to have more upfront payment than the original contract allowed for. I believe that is reasonable given the current state of affairs. The other option is to wait until e.g. the New Year assuming the reserve targets have been met by then and leave the current NuDroid service provisioning in a less than desirable current state.

I think NuDroid is a state of the art product with many opportunities which will encourage usage of NuBits as it was always intended and generating transaction fees. NuDroid is not only about holding a stable cryptocurrency in a wallet, but also having the ability to seamlessly spend them everywhere major cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitcoin and Litecoin) are accepted. The current proposal also includes adding Ethereum to that list and almost instant use after startup (no lengthy syncs). And on top of that strong selling points as no user logging, no user tracking, no advertisements. We will also need to find another NuDroid server host to provide the desired robustness with Anton’s disappearance.

I hope the ‘new’ shareholders see the value in investing in NuDroid now too, and I’m looking forward to feedback.

1 Like

After a week no response is not great. @jooize @phoenix, other shareholders, any views?

Continue the contract and have the first release (we already paid 50% of) before Xmas, wait until after Xmas or just burn the funds and end the contract indefinitely.

I believe nudroid has value. However it will be used only if nubits is accepted widely as a crypto dollar, which supposes plenty of liquidity at our disposal…

What’s your plan to sustain that liquidity?

Sorry Cybnate, I missed your post from a week ago. I would like to keep NuDroid. How much we should pay for it at this point is another question. I know US-NBT is supported on Coinomi, which has much wider distribution, so that is a factor in deciding how much we should spend.

I don’t see any reason I should be directly involved though. It is outside the scope of liquidity operations. Any request for funding can be made directly to shareholders.