“switch_to_date_time” : “”
},
“5.0” : {
“blocks” : 1,
“block_percentage” : 0.05,
}
}

It’s weird why only always one 5.0 block? I’ve minted several blocks with v5.0 client.

Are the numbers supposed to update immediately or is it delayed?

I think so.

Also minted my first block with 5.0.

1 Like

I don’t trust Jordan any more, even suspect he is the creator of this crisis.

1 Like

Indeed there is a bug. Your wallet is probably still voting for the 4.0 protocol. It was not discovered during testing because we used new wallets, and the problem is in the upgrade process from existing wallets. I’ll fix that and publish a 5.0.1 that will also include the other fix.

I don’t think this bug also affected the 4.0 upgrade, but it is possible.

4 Likes

I’ve seen you have many commits within hours, high efficiency!

How much salary ($/hour) for the programmers as your level? B&C shareholders should estimate the dev expenditure in the next step.

2 Likes

I released version 5.0.1 here: https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/downloads

sha256sums:

91db154e531ede93fac6434a1a0405e3ade37ce5e3ea7389defd42c2828d6fe1  bcexchange-5.0.1-linux-gitian.zip
5382d7603629bddeac3036e63b50ea34b9fe241ea587761fdb4e78a4edb2428e  bcexchange-5.0.1-win-gitian.zip
9 Likes

Awesome!

So are we good to advertise this?

@sigmike, is it possible you could create a new thread with a changelog and I’ll sticky it so everyone on the forum will see it?

2 Likes

testing 5.0.1 right now.
My date feeds dialog box says:unable to set key from data feed signature

I’m not sure making my rate public would be beneficial for the shareholders, the other developers or myself. It may have an impact on the negotiation of future contracts (and maybe the current ones) and I have no idea who would benefit from that.

And the final cost depends a lot on the efficiency.

Giving a common rate is also very difficult. I guess you could look up freelancer rates of highly specialized developers but you’d probably not find an answer.

2 Likes

Agree, I think the community should discuss the development issue in the next months.

I start to realize that we have an incredibly attractive business model at hand for both Nu and B&C Exchange. Well, not from shareholders’ perspective, but from anyone who is lucky enough to call him- or herself a developer: we not only create stable currency out of thin air, but also do we print blank cheques 24/7 for anyone who very convincingly explains with one paragraph that transparency would only hurt everyone and provide no value for anyone. Jesus, I love this concept.

https://bcblockexplorer.com/motions_passed

Motion passed, thanks for voting and congratulation @sigmike!

BTW, protocol voting looks good!

12:44:45

getprotocolvotes

12:44:48

{
“2.0” : {
“blocks” : 524,
“block_percentage” : 26.2,
},
“4.0” : {
“blocks” : 454,
“block_percentage” : 22.7,
},
“5.0” : {
“blocks” : 1022,
“block_percentage” : 51.1,
}
}

5 Likes

That was really fast. I know @sigmike said he didn’t think the bug he fixed was effecting the v4.0 upgrade, but this is much quicker than I thought it would be. I haven’t even advertised it yet.

Slow down a bit, we are not throwing around rates of people who have decent jobs around this forum. That is not in anyone’s favour. I suppose that you don’t let us know what your yearly incomes or hourly rate is either. Not that I want to know, but just as an example.

Congratulations @sigmike !

So what do you think is the right way to deal with compensation? Your comparison lacks substance, and you know that. We are different from other companies and I am a shareholder. Who belongs to this “special group” that is allowed to know what those with the highest compensation get? Is it you? Who is going to decide what a reasonable rate is? Jordan? Worked great in the past, we do not have the tiniest clue how much money he really spent, he only sometimes gave rough figures that were far off and he couldn’t even say whether that might be about right. So @cybnate, who from Nu is going to deal with compensation? Angela? Those with the most shares? If we create a group that is allowed to negotiate behind the scenes, the whole mess will start over again.

And once more, your comparison belongs to the biggest bullshit category on this forum. No one here is entitled to know what I earn per year because there is no reason for it and no association with Nu. And also, I am not asking Nu for any money? You ask me to slow down a bit, are you dumb? But then again, to help you a little bit with your comparison, do you think that shareholders from any company out there would accept “[quote=“Cybnate, post:56, topic:4209”]
I suppose that you don’t let us know what your yearly incomes or hourly rate is either
[/quote]” this as an excuse to keep the compensation from the CTO under wraps?

Don’t you think that the level of anonymity we as shareholders allow for very important positions within our organization should have limits? We have no clue who Jordan is, where he is located, what he earned, how much he possesses and he fucked us over. And you still try to defend with everything you have (mostly dumb reasoning) this level of anonymity that gives us no room for action if something goes wrong. What I am asking is not a specific hourly rate, but a clear development plan from the “technical leader” with cost estimation that gives us the possibility to at least get an impression of what we are facing here in the near future. You are not interested, fine. I am interested and I start wondering why most of this lemmings on this forum are of your opinion. BKS is being traded for about 2 dollars now and when someone asks for transparency, well, no more energy left… I am fine with whatever you guys here decide on. And I start hoping that this whole thing will collapse because of countless invoices with wonderful hourly rates all anonymous to give no one in the world the chance to challenge some numbers that the Nu and BCEx developers want to charge.
Let this shit end up in smoke.