[Passed]Motion to elect Sigmike as B&C's technical leader

You introduce then a hierarchy as for the development – why?
Sigmike > eleven.
That will give ideas to others and create hierarchy for aspects of Nu governance, like LPC for example –

When you check B&C, signed by “Siglee”, which means Sigmike and Jordan Lee.

A software development team is a hierarchy structure from the very beginning, including BTC dev team, so not my introduce.

It’s open sourced project, anyone dislikes dev leader can fork the source code, feel free to modify it, as long as he/she can persuade most coin holders to download his version, he is successful.

Sigmike could push code decision over the blockchain and that hierarchy vanishes but that is not useful for 2members org or decision making process

If eleven doesn’t obey sigmike, shareholders can stop pay salary to eleven.

If this motion passed, it means majority of BKS holders support sigmike’s code, of course some may refuse to download sigmike’s version and use other version, then B&C blockchain forks.

vote ratio drops within several hours, why? Any data feed problem?

It’s OK for votes to fluctuate during a course of the day, as some nodes go up and down all day along

no major feed provider has added it yet

voting.

1 Like

B&C V5.0 is released! Windows and Linux are ready. Thank @sigmike and other developers!

https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/downloads

2 Likes

Wo nice!

Is it safe to use it now?

I’ll upgrade after this motion passed.

BTW, MacOS users can follow

https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/src/e472f471107c14fee592ae64eff843708f682ba0/doc/?at=master
https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/src/e472f471107c14fee592ae64eff843708f682ba0/doc/build-osx-brew-mavericks.txt?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

This is great news. Hope we can get the majority to the new protocol soon.

Will add this motion to my B&C datafeed within the next 24h.

2 Likes

Yes I built it but I couldn’t find the time to post about it. This release only includes the lower threshold to switch to the new protocol (described in the 4.0 release) because the other changes are not ready and it’s not clear whether they will be finished shortly given the current state of the project.

5 Likes

So after majority of BKS nodes switch to V5.0.0, we can vote reputed signers.

Technically there can be up to 15 reputed signers, how many should we vote? 15? 12?

I believe these reputed signers are something like “board of directors”, and this group is very important for B&C’s decision making in this special situation.

2 Likes

@Sentinelrv please advertise v5.0, @tomjoad please update the B&C websites, thanks!

2 Likes

Before I advertise this, I want to get a confirmation from @sigmike and @CoinGame that the reputation voting bug has been fixed in this release. In the last release I discovered that setting reputation votes will prevent you from minting any blocks. Has this been fixed in this release? If you want to know more about this issue, check my replies throughout this thread, where I did tests to discover the issue…

1 Like

It has not been fixed. I can make a quick fix and release a 5.0.1.

2 Likes

It would probably be best to wait for this then before encouraging people to upgrade.

1 Like

getprotocolvotes

{
“2.0” : {
“blocks” : 869,
“block_percentage” : 43.45,
“switch_to_date_time” : “”
},
“4.0” : {
“blocks” : 1130,
“block_percentage” : 56.5,
},
“5.0” : {
“blocks” : 1,
“block_percentage” : 0.05,
}
}

It’s weird why only always one 5.0 block? I’ve minted several blocks with v5.0 client.

Are the numbers supposed to update immediately or is it delayed?