B&C Exchange 5.0.1 release - upgrade before 18 July!

{
“2.0” : {
“blocks” : 764,
“block_percentage” : 38.2,
“switch_to_date_time” : “”
},
“4.0” : {
“blocks” : 774,
“block_percentage” : 38.7,
},
“5.0” : {
“blocks” : 462,
“block_percentage” : 23.1,
}
}

{
“2.0” : {
“blocks” : 468,
“block_percentage” : 23.4,
},
“4.0” : {
“blocks” : 412,
“block_percentage” : 20.6,
},
“5.0” : {
“blocks” : 1120,
“block_percentage” : 56.0,
“switch_to_date_time” : “2016-07-18 14:00:00 UTC”
}
}

Most surprising part is the reduction in 2.0 votes, some apathetic voters have waken up or sold their shares. Maybe Nu crashing was good for something.

3 Likes

I believe this period has now started! Added it to the title of this thread.

@Cybnate I believe the next step is electing reputed signers, because BCE white paper absent, we should discuss how many signers need to elect and what’s their responsibility and rewards. I suggest you open a new thread if you have time.

How about signers holding dev fund which transfered from Jordan/Angela?

American National Day is coming, hope our BCE has a new start.

I have upgraded successfully and generated new feeds to reflect the change.

1 Like

I have doubts that the problem was in shareholders apathy. I think it was a bug in B&C Exchange client.

2 Likes

In a way that is good news. Bugs can be fixed easily, apathetic shareholders are a lot harder :slight_smile:

I don’t share your optimism. We lost four months in witch-hunting and I’m afraid we lost momentum.

There is a chance indeed, we can always fail by doing nothing. I believe it is worth trying, I’m willing to spend some time on it, hope we still have a few others. We will need at least half a dozen signers to start with. More is better of course.

3 Likes

What we are going to do is an important innovation and it should be a long way to go.

1 Like

Will need to wrap up a few previous threads and call for those who have been putting their names forward to be a signer.
Anyone can start a thread about it, otherwise I will probably start one tomorrow.

1 Like

Trouble is that there are already at least two exchanges which do qualify as an decentralised exchange. We are not the first, so we have a way to go on making ours more attractive than the others. A strong Nu would help with that, its current status is not helping. Inventing a second Nu with BKC is not that great imo, but possible.

1 Like

Who are they?

Openledger and Bitsquare are the most well known.

I’m the smallest of the biggest B&C Exchange shareholders and one of the biggest minters so I don’t lost confidence in the project. Just hoping to avoid the dramas that accompany other competing projects.

1 Like

Openledger uses tokens, you cannot trade directly with native cryptos.

I heard of bitsquare, will check again.

Btw, BCE has the potential to launch the first Hayek money in this world.

1 Like

I agree. The fact the percentage of 2.0 votes decreased so quickly is a strong indication that the bug did happen in 4.0 too.

We lost some time but the development of the other parts continued during that time.

1 Like

here’s macosx build of v5.0.1:

https://rbfi.io/dl.php?key=/hEYk/bcexchange.dmg

sha256:

ef3b3fe9924ec9e3d505ec0f6c922ca699b049400d745e8e269006b67c7c2654

3 Likes

Awesome.

I wish you’d find someone to discuss this with. It seems interesting.