[Passed]Motion to elect Sigmike as B&C's technical leader

I’ll upgrade after this motion passed.

BTW, MacOS users can follow

https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/src/e472f471107c14fee592ae64eff843708f682ba0/doc/?at=master
https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/src/e472f471107c14fee592ae64eff843708f682ba0/doc/build-osx-brew-mavericks.txt?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

This is great news. Hope we can get the majority to the new protocol soon.

Will add this motion to my B&C datafeed within the next 24h.

2 Likes

Yes I built it but I couldn’t find the time to post about it. This release only includes the lower threshold to switch to the new protocol (described in the 4.0 release) because the other changes are not ready and it’s not clear whether they will be finished shortly given the current state of the project.

5 Likes

So after majority of BKS nodes switch to V5.0.0, we can vote reputed signers.

Technically there can be up to 15 reputed signers, how many should we vote? 15? 12?

I believe these reputed signers are something like “board of directors”, and this group is very important for B&C’s decision making in this special situation.

2 Likes

@Sentinelrv please advertise v5.0, @tomjoad please update the B&C websites, thanks!

2 Likes

Before I advertise this, I want to get a confirmation from @sigmike and @CoinGame that the reputation voting bug has been fixed in this release. In the last release I discovered that setting reputation votes will prevent you from minting any blocks. Has this been fixed in this release? If you want to know more about this issue, check my replies throughout this thread, where I did tests to discover the issue…

1 Like

It has not been fixed. I can make a quick fix and release a 5.0.1.

2 Likes

It would probably be best to wait for this then before encouraging people to upgrade.

1 Like

getprotocolvotes

{
“2.0” : {
“blocks” : 869,
“block_percentage” : 43.45,
“switch_to_date_time” : “”
},
“4.0” : {
“blocks” : 1130,
“block_percentage” : 56.5,
},
“5.0” : {
“blocks” : 1,
“block_percentage” : 0.05,
}
}

It’s weird why only always one 5.0 block? I’ve minted several blocks with v5.0 client.

Are the numbers supposed to update immediately or is it delayed?

I think so.

Also minted my first block with 5.0.

1 Like

I don’t trust Jordan any more, even suspect he is the creator of this crisis.

1 Like

Indeed there is a bug. Your wallet is probably still voting for the 4.0 protocol. It was not discovered during testing because we used new wallets, and the problem is in the upgrade process from existing wallets. I’ll fix that and publish a 5.0.1 that will also include the other fix.

I don’t think this bug also affected the 4.0 upgrade, but it is possible.

4 Likes

I’ve seen you have many commits within hours, high efficiency!

How much salary ($/hour) for the programmers as your level? B&C shareholders should estimate the dev expenditure in the next step.

2 Likes

I released version 5.0.1 here: https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/downloads

sha256sums:

91db154e531ede93fac6434a1a0405e3ade37ce5e3ea7389defd42c2828d6fe1  bcexchange-5.0.1-linux-gitian.zip
5382d7603629bddeac3036e63b50ea34b9fe241ea587761fdb4e78a4edb2428e  bcexchange-5.0.1-win-gitian.zip
9 Likes

Awesome!

So are we good to advertise this?

@sigmike, is it possible you could create a new thread with a changelog and I’ll sticky it so everyone on the forum will see it?

2 Likes

testing 5.0.1 right now.
My date feeds dialog box says:unable to set key from data feed signature

I’m not sure making my rate public would be beneficial for the shareholders, the other developers or myself. It may have an impact on the negotiation of future contracts (and maybe the current ones) and I have no idea who would benefit from that.

And the final cost depends a lot on the efficiency.

Giving a common rate is also very difficult. I guess you could look up freelancer rates of highly specialized developers but you’d probably not find an answer.

2 Likes