NuRiver Pool on Cryptsy for NBT/USD & NBT/BTC

So…I’m going to need to shut down my server to update?

Restarting the server can be done with literally 5 seconds of downtime. Get everything prepared then run:

killall python
nuhop ./server.py &

Then you just need to do a manual payout using pay.py. However, I’m not sure there’s a fix for this cryptsy issue yet, so don’t go updating until we have a fix.

As far as I can see the issue is only with the client. The server shouldn’t need to be updated.
The problem for me is that my tests placed the orders correctly. I’ll add more logging around the area of trouble and we’ll see what that reveals

@woolly_sammoth
Well the client is giving me the insufficient funds error again…
ERROR: unable to place bid usd order of XXXX nbt at 0.99500000 on cryptsy: Insufficient USD in account to complete this order.

That must be because Cryptsy dropped their trade fees in favor of transaction fees???

fortunately something that can be changed in ‘exchanges.py’ where fees and orders are set :wink:
i am not so good programmer to get it done :frowning:

There’s an adjustment of the cryptsy wrapper available for testing.
@woolly_sammoth has found a reason for the bad bot behaviour (not placing orders complaining about insufficient funds).
I’ve applied the changes to the latest experimental branch of the “Universal ALP bot collection”.
My first test indicate that the adjustment reliably solve the problem.

If you want to test yourself, you get it from here:

If you are not already familiar with the “Universal ALP bot collection” have a look here and make sure you know what you are doing:

Important sections are:

1 Like

Thanks! Testing it now…

orders are placed ok. But i have similar issue as in bter (nbt/cny). i have set both ask/bid orders
but sometimes only ask order is reported and be payed! I see also some socket errors (10060)

I just want to confirm that the changes in the cryptsy wrapper by @woolly_sammoth solved the issue of bots not being able to place orders despite sufficient funds.
My bot runs almost flawless for more than 24 hours.
Flawless in this case means, there are still log messages like

2015/09/28-20:30:36 ERROR: unable to place bid btc order of "X" nbt at 0.00415489 on cryptsy: Insufficient BTC in account to complete this order.

but the bot automatically and reliably recovers from that inability.

Well done, @woolly_sammoth!

1 Like

FYI,
i just see that cryptsy has a NBT withdraw fee of 0.5% !!!
no other exchange has fee more than a fixed 0.1 NBT in NBT withdraw!
unucceptable for my taste! :frowning:

Cryptsy changed how they operate. They now have NO trade fees at all. But they have instituted the 0.5% withdrawal fee.

If you trade a lot on Cryptsy, this is a good thing.

1 Like

But it seems just at odd with exchanges business model : their cost is in providing trading transactions mostly, not withdrawing cryptos. They should charge trading fees according to where the cost happens.

i think they have calculated their cost to be covered by withdraws only!
for sure now they will attract A LOT of everyday traders, and those traders will eventually have to withdraw their profits :wink:
i think it is a smart policy and in favor of our ALP there :wink:
do you think other exchanges will follow?

There may be unintended consequences with artificial pricing.

This is nothing new. The end is often not good. For one thing this makes one to suspect the exchange is desperate to stop fund from leaving because it is near insolvency.

i hope you are totally wrong about it :slight_smile:

Those who were taken by surprise finding withdraw fees, can use coupons to withdraw funds without paying 0.5% fee:

yes, but only 3. do you know if and how we can get more?

I don’t think there’s a way. The coupons are there to allow users taken by surprise to withdraw without paying the fees, I guess.

1 Like

http://45.55.43.33:3334/status

{“credits”: 36425, “users”: 2, “validations”: 218555, “liquidity”: [0.0, 0.0], “sampling”: 6}

is something wrong again?

yes, now the bot cannot set any order, no errors given!
something is changed again in cryptsy’s api, i guess

edit:
2015/10/03-10:55:48 DEBUG: starting liquidity operation with sampling 24
2015/10/03-10:55:48 INFO: starting PyBot for btc on cryptsy
2015/10/03-10:56:26 INFO: successfully deleted all orders for btc on cryptsy
2015/10/03-10:56:26 INFO: waiting 9.28 seconds to synchronize with other trading bots for btc on cryptsy
2015/10/03-10:56:49 INFO: cryptsy - balance: 0.00000000 rate: 0.00% ppm: 0.00000000 efficiency: 0.00% rejects: 0 missings: 0 - xxxx

edit2:
after some tries, orders are set but the ‘zeros info’ remains!