NuRiver Pool on Cryptsy for NBT/USD & NBT/BTC

I agree it’s desirable for our network to increase its liquidity capacity, and I think we’re gradually getting there. The challenge is that if our total supply of NBT in circulation is ~500,000 NBT, and daily liquidity is 100,000 NBT, it’s still too small of a currency to support one-time 75,000 NBT purchases/sells.

The good news is that our liquidity pools are growing, NBT demand is growing, and we are getting added to larger exchanges every month. The network will eventually get to the point where it can handle your volume without issue. We’re definitely glad to have NBT users like you in our community as a shareholder, as you have some of the best insights into how we should grow our operation.

2 Likes

Something’s wrong with my bot:

2015/09/23-09:04:32 INFO: starting PyBot for btc on cryptsy
2015/09/23-09:04:35 INFO: successfully deleted all orders for btc on cryptsy
2015/09/23-09:04:36 INFO: waiting 8.90 seconds to synchronize with other trading bots for btc on cryptsy
2015/09/23-09:04:48 ERROR: unable to place bid btc order of "X" nbt at 0.00431205 on cryptsy: Insufficient BTC in account to complete this order.
2015/09/23-09:05:23 ERROR: unable to place bid btc order of "X" nbt at 0.00431205 on cryptsy: Insufficient BTC in account to complete this order.
2015/09/23-09:05:32 INFO: cryptsy - balance: 0.00000000 rate: 0.00% ppm: 0.00000000 efficiency: 0.00% rejects: 0 missings: 0 - APIKEY

If I multiply the “X” NBT with 0.00431205 the result is exactly the amount I have in my cryptsy BTC “available balance”.
Is this is bug of the bot or a cryptsy API bug?

@nmei do you have any idea?

@woolly_sammoth

I don’t know how this information is retrieved, but https://raw.nupool.net/nubits/ shows 0 ask orders - but there’s something on the bid side; why does my bot not want to place orders?

edit: since when does cryptsy have these withdraw fees:

WD Fee: 0.00100000 BTC  +  0.50% BTC 

That sucks!

The Cryptsy API has a strange ‘feature’. For placing bid orders (and only bid orders) you have to subtract the fees from the amount to place on order before placing the order. The log output of the bot doesn’t reflect this accurately so the maths appears to make sense when looking at the log. I’ll take a look at this later. i did put a work around in to gather the fees from the api before placing the order. I wonder if that call is failing?

Thank you. It’s very strange. I just realized that for at least one bot placing bid orders works

Ask order target  0 NBT filled of maximum 1500 NBT ( 0% )
Bid order target  487.95 NBT filled of maximum 1500 NBT ( 32.53% )

i have exactly the same problem started yesterday! so many days before was fine!

Sounds like something changed with the Cryptsy API. I’ll investigate

1 Like

It queries server ip /exchanges and does the math.

It queries e.g. http://nbt.liquidbits.net/status, right?
Ah!
So I can look at e.g. http://45.55.43.33:3334/status or http://45.55.43.33:3333/status to have the NuRiver server status…

nope. https://eu.nupool.net/exchanges has the detailed liquidity.

So what do I need to do?

And I know cryptsy just upped their withdrawal fees to add the extra charge.

It’s shady to change basic conditions like withdrawal fees without announcement - and I’m not talking about a hidden change of the terms of use…

edit: I just found out that there are coupons for withdrawal.
Without coupon:

With coupon:

so, cryptsy is the one to blame here!
then we need a new vrsion of the bot to handle this exchange, i guess.

I’ve done some testing with the current Cryptsy wrapper and it seems to be working correctly for me.
Just to make sure everyone is on the same page I’ve bundled up a release for the latest code

If it’s still causing problems for anyone I’ll have another look and add some more detailed logging around the problem part so we can figure out what is going on.

But what files have been updated?
I don’t see any change in 1.22 which seems to be the latest release:

Nothing changed as my tests passed. It was just an effort to ensure that everyone is using the latest version of the code.
Is your bot still displaying the failure?

Yes, still the same error:

2015/09/24-08:04:32 INFO: starting PyBot for btc on cryptsy
2015/09/24-08:04:36 INFO: successfully deleted all orders for btc on cryptsy
2015/09/24-08:04:36 INFO: waiting 8.19 seconds to synchronize with other trading bots for btc on cryptsy
2015/09/24-08:04:48 ERROR: unable to place bid btc order of "X" nbt at 0.00427678 on cryptsy: Insufficient BTC in account to complete this order.

edit: it would veeeery helpful to have a version number in the relevant files, e.g. client.py, exchanges.py, trading.py etc.

I’m trying to replace these files in my bot with the one from you…

MoD, you are using your NU pool version? the experimental one?
your version is the only one i can run, the “official” one always gives me the error: "server missing in pool.conf"
i wonder what you have changed in your github files !

I’m using “my” pool version. I forked it from @Nagalim’s version, who forked it from @woolly_sammoth.
Something might have got lost…
I try to figure it out.
github noobs at work… :frowning: