Introduce yourself to the community

a lot of new faces here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 NBT tip to the first 5 first-time introduction posts :wink: Limited offer!

7 Likes

Hey I’m a person from a place. I love PPC and have been watching Nu from the getgo. I bought shares for the ktm distribution and sold during the big spike. I’ve bought again cause I think the price now is way lower than the potential. Exciting stuff, exciting times. I hope I can contribute with good ideas and maybe some technical operations (like tllp) if I can get a hang of the code.

7 Likes

@assistant tip 1 @Nagalim

1 Like

Hi @Nagalim

You were just sent a tip of 1 NBT by desrever

Please send a Private Message to @assistant with the first word ‘register’ to receive the tip and view your details

Why did you sell at the big spike? How much of your stake did you sell at this time?

I was not taking voting seriously and didn’t think the spike was stable, so I took my profits and walked for a little while. I know far more about what Nu is now than I did then.

1 Like

Bump for the new people coming to the forum because they found out about the decentralized exchange.

3 Likes

for new users coming from CMC banner

1 Like

Bumped.

1 Like

Hi

My name is Ray. New to peercoin and nubits. Like what I see. Wish I could predict which way it’s going to go a little better.

Do have a question about nubits wallet. I downloaded the new manditory version but now it will not open. Trying to open a box comes up that says,

“This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact applications support team for more info.”

When closing that box another box opens that says,

"nu.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I downloaded the new mandatory wallet and was loading the blockchain yesterday, but today it does not want to open.

What to do now? Thanks.

Ray

2 Likes

Hi @Rayzzz,

Do I understand correctly that opening the wallet worked for you one day, but then opening that same exe was failing for you the next day? Do you know how to run programs from the command line? If you start nu.exe from the command line I think it will provide a more detailed error message when it fails. That would be helpful in troubleshooting.

Is that the “run” box on the Windows menu? Can do that. Should I enter nu.exe? in the run box?

I’m working with them in a PM. I’ll update if things are successful.

During operation of blockchain download on my new mandatory NuBits wallet, this suddenly appears. Nothing was done to shut it down and windows was open and operating as usual. This just happend all of a sudden.

A box appeared reading…

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

After closing the first box a New box opened saying…

nu.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Can you open your old client? Have you tried redownloading? Have you tried turning it off and on again?

If I re-download, will I have the same password? I have tried opening it a few times and it always closes due to the stated reasons in previous post.

The new download took the place of the old client.

I traded coins through Shapeshifter.io … peercoin to nubits and I am yet to see the nubits because the blockchain will not fully download on this new mandatory version.

First of all, back up wallets.dat and walletb.dat to a flash drive or something. These files contain your encrypted private keys and as long as you have them (and remember your password) you have nothing to fear about losing your money. Once you do that, start experimenting :smile:

The .dat files will be in your %appdata% directory under “Nu”. Go to the ‘run’ program and type %appdata% and hit enter.

That’s all done. So I should just download another version of the new mandatory wallet?