Immediate mandatory upgrade for Nu and B&C Exchange

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoind

Oh, cool! I just use the Nu.app/Contents/MacOS/Nu binary. Thanks.

Edit:

Is it possible to run it headlessly?

RPC username and password set in nu.conf. Testnet nodes.

cd /Applications/Nu.app/Contents/MacOS
./Nu -testnet -server -addnode=198.52.200.26 -addnode=198.52.199.30 -addnode=62.210.25.6

Does it handle several nodes as arguments? getpeerinfo in the debug window only shows me the last one, and getaddednodeinfo isnā€™t implemented.

After attemping to connect using -connect Iā€™ve concluded the first two nodes are down.

Can I add testnet nodes in the shared nu.conf?

Can I drop it into the background easily? Occupies the terminal as it is. I know about & but I canā€™t close the shell (zsh: you have running jobs.) or rather if I do it kills the process.

In another terminal shell:

cd /Applications/Nu.app/Contents/MacOS
./Nu -testnet getinfo

That opens another instance (which throws an error as the testnet files are already in use), so how do I use the running one?

Youā€™ll need to compile your own version of nud if you need it. Thereā€™s a dependency linking issue that causes a statically compiling the app from my machine to crash when it is opened on a separate machine.

Itā€™s not a problem with Nu, but a problem with my local environment. Iā€™d spent a bunch of time trying to fix it a few months back and just gave up after beating my head against the wall. I figure that anyone whoā€™s interested in running nud vs. the Qt client has enough of a technical background that theyā€™d be able to compile it themselves.

With the next major update Iā€™ll be able to revisit the issue because the build system will be changing with the replacement of BerkeleyDB with LevelDB.

2 Likes

Just a reminder, can you please someone update nubits.com/downloads with the direct link to the dmg?