Tier 4 Fund Management Discussion

What about BTC?

All of 8 signers. Perhaps 5-of-8 would be the best.

1 Like

Alright. Can I do testnet operations through the debug window?

1 Like

If you are running on testnet then yes. Otherwise no.

I just found that running nu / nud on testnet creates an entirely separate datadir. So given enough RAM one can conceivably run separate instances on testnet and mainnet with little extra effort. My current machine doesn’t have the resources so I’ll rely on someone else to try it.

Sounds like an RPi 2 is a good idea for me. I want to use the one I own for other things anyway.

I’m taking this to extremes, but the physical access security of the Raspberry Pi would be lower than that of my MacBook.

Another benefit of multisig other than not trusting only one person is that even if my private key is stolen it should be tricky to impersonate me in trying to coordinate a nefarious signing with the rest of the team. That leaves attackers with needing to compromise all x in x-of-y required, and perhaps other vectors I’m not aware of.

I’ve managed to start Nu.app on testnet beside my main Nu wallet. The testnet Nu gets a purple icon.

Open Nu > Help > Debug window > Console and input:

getnewaddress

Or use the initial address found under Receive.

validateaddress <address>

My output:

{
"isvalid" : true,
"address" : "bXdMjZyW58arQ3VxzEYzvwDebr4onfjTUk",
"ismine" : true,
"isscript" : false,
"pubkey" : "02b7fb854452fbe3195fdb92e347ebefbc61b0893fe7719da385e009e3f434d4c5",
"iscompressed" : true,
"account" : ""
}

Appended:

Does anyone want instructions for how to do this on Windows and/or Linux?

Could we use Pushover to notify FLOT members when needed?

3 Likes

I need to start downloading the testnet blockchain as well. Will do it as soon as I’m back from my trip.

We need to assess the implications for privacy, but it’s good to see that they support both Android and Apple devices!
It looks very promising!

I think a dedicated sub-forum here would be sufficient.

Having a notification to look into this dedicated subforum would be even better…

You can mark a whole category as tracking and receive mail notifications. It will be very useful for FLOT members.

Let’s create a first FLOT address for receiving NBT here. First we need to do some practicing on the testnet. @jooize is here and I will also be part of the NBT signers. I hope the first 3 to respond to this roll call can join the NBT signer group (also gimme your pubkeys): @mhps, @ttutdxh, @dhume, @woodstockmerkle, @cryptog, @masterOfDisaster. For @crypto_coiner, it may be worth more your time when your motion gets more support.

For the NBT group, please tell me if you’re working with Windows so I can adjust the scripts properly. I’ll make some changes so they can be configured a little more easily.

1 Like

I have been working on this thing:
http://ttutdxh-nubits.github.io/cointoolkit/

However automatic loading of unspent inputs is not available because I have not found any public API in a NBT blockexplorer, so @dysconnect script (or manual work) is required for now to craft transactions.
Blockexplorer.nu could be added with https://blockexplorer.nu/api/addressDetails/+addr+/1/oldest, adding a Access-Control-Allow-Origin header to their API, but it is not in my hands.

The rest of the features seems to work correctly. Opinions welcome.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

PeerCoin

*Peercoin

Fixed, chances are there is a lot of these things. Pull requests welcome :grinning:

This does exist: https://svr1.nubitsexplorer.nu/q
Unfortunately we having some issues with the database at the moment resulting in some exceptions thrown. Matthew is looking into it. The API works for older transactions though. Please let me know if it is useful and I might strengthen and monitor the server more closely going forward.

Any chance it can return unspent outputs for an address? I don’t see an API for that.

Also what are the available chains?? https://svr1.nubitsexplorer.nu/chain/NuBits/q/getblockcount

@MatthewLM Could you please comment on this? No idea what is required to expand the API.

The NuBits chain is the only available chain. As said we are currently having some issues with it so your getblockcount may work therefore.

@dysconnect, I’m going to attempt some sleep.

Pushover is more flexible than email notifications. Message priority for example. I wouldn’t want all my emails as notifications only for potentially urgent FLOT messages.

@jooize You can make priority subcategories and only subscribe to emergency subcategory. Just a thought.

@dysconnect my pubkey 03661a4370dfcfbcea25d1800057220f4572b6eecab95bb0670e8676a9e34451dc

Still, how would I get only Nu Discourse emails in push notifications? It would be neat if Discourse could trigger a Pushover notification for those who want them.