Immediate mandatory upgrade for Nu and B&C Exchange

the attack occurred on 9/11 ! holly moly, now i see the date!
i lost 3 days of PPC minting only. it could be worst :slight_smile:

OSX builds are compiling right now. I’ll post them as soon as they are signed.

2 Likes

I’m out of time right now, so I haven’t had a chance to move it to the wallet download section of nubits.com site yet, but here’s Nu 2.0.2 for OSX (Qt) linked from the Nu repository:

Nu 2.0.2 for OSX
sha256: 9a35f380d3af361aaf99cfc568774877040d5e4aabbbdfaf3f86ebbb5e8ef9a8

B&C Exchange for OSX – Compiled, but I’m holding it back until a follow-up test can be run. I had an issue initially starting it up (required that I clear out my block index before restarting it without an issue). Unclear as to why it threw the error initially so I want to be sure it’s safe for public consumption before I release it. Apologies for the delay.

2 Likes

done

Updating my rpi minting machine… Will update the unoffical build for rpi asap

I can’t compile a working bcexchanged on my RPI 2.

pi@xxx:~/nu/bcex/src/src$ ./bcexchanged --datadir=/xxx/.bcexchange
 B&C Exchange server starting
 pi@xxx:~/nu/bcex/src/src$ bcexchanged: kernel.cpp:475: unsigned int GetStakeModifierChecksum(const CBlockIndex*): Assertion `pindex->pprev || pindex->GetBlockHash() == hashGenesisBlock' failed.

I can provide a dump file of the make process over pm if required.

After I compiled 3.0.1 I didn’t delete any files in the datadir and bcexchanged started right away.
Did you compile 3.0.0 on the same machine?
Or did you use an unofficial build, maybe @desrever’s?
@desrever can you confirm that the unofficial nud build for ARM uses BerkeleyDB 5.1?

If you compiled both versions yourself - with what BerkeleyDB version did you compile 3.0.0 and 3.0.1?
I’ve made both with 4.8, but don’t know whether that can have to do with this error message.

both 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 on the same Pi. No berkely updates.

I’m still not sure whether that has to do with BerkeleyDB, but…
Did you export the libdb path before compiling?

Typical path would be:

export BDB_INCLUDE_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include" export BDB_LIB_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"

They symlinks are available after a restart, but I think the exports aren’t.
You know https://docs.nubits.com/nu-raspberry-minting/, right (there’s a BerkeleyDB section)?
Maybe I bark up the wrong tree…

Nud unofficial for raspberry pi compiled and pushed to github

here https://github.com/desrever-nu/nu-raspberry-unofficial/commit/ebf359d01217ad30447ee10ab8afea45a0a9b2fa

get with

$ sudo wget https://github.com/desrever-nu/nu-raspberry-unofficial/raw/master/latest/nud

and

$ sudo mv nud /usr/bin/nud && sudo chmod a+x /usr/bin/nud

Can you build one for bcex as well please? :recycle:

File corruption related, https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/nubit/issues/221/assertion-pindex-pprev-pindex-getblockhash

You will have to re-download the blockchain. The binary is fine.

I’ll try that, thank you.

Is there a trusted nud 2.0.2 for OS X compiled? I’d appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction for how to compile one otherwise. Would a previous nud work as well when the intention is for FLOT usage? I would still need to acquire it somehow.

Scroll up…[quote=“Ben, post:27, topic:3022”]
Nu 2.0.2 for OSX
[/quote]

That’s only the GUI application unless I missed nud somewhere.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoind

Oh, cool! I just use the Nu.app/Contents/MacOS/Nu binary. Thanks.

Edit:

Is it possible to run it headlessly?

RPC username and password set in nu.conf. Testnet nodes.

cd /Applications/Nu.app/Contents/MacOS
./Nu -testnet -server -addnode=198.52.200.26 -addnode=198.52.199.30 -addnode=62.210.25.6

Does it handle several nodes as arguments? getpeerinfo in the debug window only shows me the last one, and getaddednodeinfo isn’t implemented.

After attemping to connect using -connect I’ve concluded the first two nodes are down.

Can I add testnet nodes in the shared nu.conf?

Can I drop it into the background easily? Occupies the terminal as it is. I know about & but I can’t close the shell (zsh: you have running jobs.) or rather if I do it kills the process.

In another terminal shell:

cd /Applications/Nu.app/Contents/MacOS
./Nu -testnet getinfo

That opens another instance (which throws an error as the testnet files are already in use), so how do I use the running one?

You’ll need to compile your own version of nud if you need it. There’s a dependency linking issue that causes a statically compiling the app from my machine to crash when it is opened on a separate machine.

It’s not a problem with Nu, but a problem with my local environment. I’d spent a bunch of time trying to fix it a few months back and just gave up after beating my head against the wall. I figure that anyone who’s interested in running nud vs. the Qt client has enough of a technical background that they’d be able to compile it themselves.

With the next major update I’ll be able to revisit the issue because the build system will be changing with the replacement of BerkeleyDB with LevelDB.

2 Likes

Just a reminder, can you please someone update nubits.com/downloads with the direct link to the dmg?