Facebook CEO Zuckerberg's Rules of Success

If we want Nu to succeed as a business, I thought there certainly should be (many) things to take from Zuck.

He’s an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur.

He’s best known as one of five co-founders of the social networking website Facebook.

He’s the chairman and chief executive of Facebook, and his personal wealth, as of July 2015, is estimated to be $38.6 billion.

He’s Mark Zuckerberg and here are his Top 10 Rules for Success.

1. You get what you spend your time doing
    He was captain of the fencing team. In college, he was known for reciting lines from epic poems such as The Iliad.
  1. Get feedback
    He began using computers and writing software in middle school.
  1. Make mistakes
    He enjoyed developing computer programs, especially communication tools and games.
  1. Only hire people who you would work for
    By the time he began classes at Harvard, he had already achieved a “reputation as a programming prodigy”.
  1. Make a change in the world
    Zuckerberg launched Facebook from his Harvard dormitory room on February 4, 2004.
  1. Learn from the people around you
    The group then introduced Facebook onto other campuses nationwide and moved to Palo Alto, California shortly afterwards.
  1. Build a really good team
    In 2007, at the age of 23, Zuckerberg became a billionaire as a result of Facebook’s success.
  1. Give the very best experience
    The number of Facebook users worldwide reached a total of one billion in 2012.
  1. Care the most about it
    Since 2010, Time magazine has named Zuckerberg among the 100 wealthiest and most influential people in the world.
  1. Social bonds are critical
    Zuckerberg receives a one-dollar salary as CEO of Facebook.

Bonus video: his last F8 conference – he has panned out a 10y roadmap

Right, so we need a social bonding activity for the Nu team :wink:

1 Like

Hey, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive are starting to ship out. We could have a virtual NuShareholder meeting, although it might be hard to do unless people who want to remain anonymous can find a way to disguise their voices. Check this out…

3 Likes

This idea is I think great!
Where would we meet using Rift, typically?

Several online chat programs offer voice masking services. They quite often make you sound like a Daft Punk song, but they’re an option.

While I think it might be a good idea too, the video demo I linked is brand new and I don’t know if there is anything similar already in existence. Not to mention virtual reality headsets are only just now releasing. Most people haven’t even received their headset yet, so VR is not widespread yet by any means. It’s also pretty expensive. It might be a little while before this becomes a viable way to communicate anonymously with people around the world. Although there is the cheaper Gear VR, but I think that only works with Samsung phones and not iPhone (which I have).

1 Like

Talking about headsets, microsoft holographic lens is impressive:

Yeah, have you seen this demo yet?

1 Like

You off topic…:slight_smile:

Facebook and Microsoft tokenize people and the world in mirrored virtual spaces.
But are they going to be able to tokenize money and economic value? I think that’s the job of blockchains.

Not all of shareholders have decent English speaking.

Head mounted displays is not the only way to experience vr’s social capabilities.
May be something like HF https://www.highfidelity.io (the makers of secondlife) would be great.

We need to define the purpose and wage the costs of the tools used.

i had an opensim world once called PeerWorld

tried highfidelity, it wasnt really working for me

edit: ctrlaltstudio viewer has support for VR

4 Likes

Lol, that must be where Sunny King lives.

1 Like

Cool!
I mentioned HF for their nice facial expressions and head and hand tracking features, they are all about the social interaction so it seemed relevant.
More importantly, although they support all kind of fancy gadget, but even a webcam can give you some level of facial expressions and head tracking.
I didn’t try it as my internet connection sucks, but may be someone would like to try how far they reached now.
Their YouTube channel is promising anyway.

By the way I mentioned before that they are studying blockchains to tokenize the shared computing power which is their main idea for creating massive spaces with everyone’s personal computers.
And yes, they are aware that it will serve as the inworld currency as well, we even posted some comments asking them to consider Nubits, but anyway, it still alpha.

1 Like

I very much look forward to that in-world crypto

What I am afraid of is them being unaware of pos so they rather use a centralized token on their servers, instead of giving control to a few pow mining giants.

So be it – let see if they produce a better business value than NuBits, for instance.

1 Like

Facebook is adding a new class of stock that will help keep Zuckerberg in control

With the restructuring, people who are buying into Facebook with what’s called “Class C” stock will not have any voting rights. That gives Zuckerberg, who has control of the company, increased protection against agitation from investors and more room to focus on Facebook’s core strategy.

Facebook Revenue Soars on Ad Growth

Facebook’s user ranks grew to 1.65 billion from 1.44 billion in the first quarter last year. The company derived more revenue from each of them—an average of $3.32, compared with $2.50 a year earlier.

Facebook is expected to garner about 12% of the $186.8 billion global digital-advertising market this year, up from 10.7% last year and 8.6% in 2014, according to data firm eMarketer. By contrast, Google’s share is projected to decline to 31% from 33% in 2015 and 35% two years ago.

1 Like