Cryptopia delisting NuBits (USNBT) and NuShares (NSR)

NSR will have a 30 day notice period from the time the update to 5.1.0 has been applied and the wallets are out of maintenance.

1 Like

Good news!

Cryptopia has upgraded to v5.2.0 for US NuBits.

US NuBits (USNBT) withdrawals are enabled and confirmed working.

NuShares (NSR) remain disabled. They upgrade them separately.


it doesn’t help that the newest wallet is still crashing ike crazy. and no one can move any NSR around.

You will have to be more specific, is that crazy every day, every week? What is it what you are doing? Best to provide a log Probably best to post that in the other thread where the 5.2 client is released. The dev will more like read that.
I don’t have any issues with 5.1 or 5.2 for nodes or the blockexplorer. Running 3 instances on different servers.

1 Like

follow this link here: NuBits v5.2.0 Release

I expect they’ll allow the same 30 days for NSR withdrawals, but I understand your concern. Sent them the following message.

Specific problem with NSR wallet? (as USNBT wallet is online)

Hi Cryptopia,

We’re happy to see NuBits (USNBT) up and running. I see that the NSR wallet appears to be upgraded to v5.1 instead of v5.2 as USNBT. Have you run into issues with the wallet for NuShares (NSR)?

Hoping we can be of assistance. Thank you!

Esko (jooize)
Manager, Liquidity Operations, NuBits


hopefully they’re not trying to use the 32bit nu wallet because the 32bit version has issues, but the 64 bit is running fine.

1 Like

Good idea. I’ll follow up mentioning that.

1 Like

Hi nu_jooize,

I’ll pass this to the wallet admin, to see what is happening with the wallet,

Cryptopia Support

But Sir Cryprtoia Says “August 31st 2017 - Pending Wallet Update To Version 5.1.0 once
complete investors will have a 30 day period to cancel pending trades and withdraw
their USNBT and NSR balances. Significant backlash (for something we had no control over)
and related support overhead from the participating communities has resulted in a decision to

Message on USNBT market says:

USNBT / BTC market is closing

Due to the recent network fork of USNBT and outright rude community we have decided to delist. please close all open orders and withdraw before 27/09/2017

Eight days ago when I noticed they had upgraded was September 12, leaving only half the announced time if they do close down USNBT entirely that date. I have to agree that’s worrying.

First reply to the second message in official response ticket.

Sender: Withboredom 9/21/2017 8:37:21 AM

Hi Esko,

Just found this ticket again in the dark depths of the back of our queue. I’m following up with our wallet team again and will get back to you when I can.

Cryptopia Support

I still get the sense Cryptopia will work with us to process withdrawals even if they don’t care for Nu anymore.

1 Like


1 Like

NSR is getting delisted, the reason for us doing so is that they broke their wallet. before we delist them, we will fix and sync the wallet so that you can withdraw them, it just hasn’t been high up the priorities list for us.

I wonder if all these troubles at exchanges that list NSR is because their addresses actually were blacklisted and they don’t realize it.

Was that the entire response from them?

They can probably easily scan through their addresses. I’ve published their responses essentially in full. The latest quote is from the link @Mr.Crowly posted.

Good afternoon, dear support! Please answer two questions below. 1) You wrote to me earlier, in response to a request that the investigation is continuing. What did you mean by the word “investigation”? 2) You wrote that you expect a purse update. I understand that the update takes so long due to synchronization, right? Tell me, what is the current block number synchronized? Best regar. “Hi , Thanks for contacting Cryptopia. Currently our admins are awaiting an update for this wallet, as such it has been put into maintenance. Once this status has been lifted transactions will continue to process as normal. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this point in time as the investigation is still underway. Your patience in the meantime is very much appreciated. I’d recommend keeping an eye on our Coin Info page at to be kept up to date with the status of this wallet. As soon as it has been updated and resynced to the network, you will be able to withdrawal. Kind regards, Cryptopia Support”

Two support messages I received Sept 22. They’re quite refreshing! Though there’s no guarantee we’ll see any change in decision.

Sender: Withboredom 9/22/2017 10:37:47 AM

Hi nu_jooize,

So this ticket has been delegated to me.

We are reviewing our delist process at the moment and trying to establish a more formal delist process to avoid emotional or knee-jerk reactions.

I will review the history of your coin and determine whether delisting is the correct way to proceed. I’ll complete this as soon as I can and get back to you, hopefully on Monday evening NZ time (UTC +12).

Cryptopia Support

Sender: Withboredom 9/22/2017 10:39:28 AM

Hi nu_jooize,

I’ll elaborate a little and say that I am our Evening Support Lead and have been interfacing closely with our wallet team recently.

If you feel that you need to get in touch with me specifically you can reach me here - [email redacted]


Cryptopia has made a beautiful improvement to their front page (and overall interface) by the way.

1 Like

Thank you for the professional conduct in correspondence with them, and the results.