Cryptopia delisting NuBits (USNBT) and NuShares (NSR)

Cryptopia has disabled its markets for NuBits and NuShares. Their notices state the following.

USNBT / BTC market is closing

Due to the recent network fork of USNBT and outright rude community we have decided to delist. please close all open orders and withdraw before 27/09/2017

I sent them the following response.

Official response to delisting of NuBits and NuShares

Hello Cryptopia,

I noticed you’ve decided to close our USNBT and NSR pair because of the recent fork and rude customers. I’m disheartened to hear that. We’ve been trying to conduct our business professionally and honestly, but still people are upset.

Please reconsider your decision. NuBits has so much potential that we’re finally about to see get recognition. We’re solidifying liquidity operations, hiring new developers and marketing expertise. We’ll begin working with a web development team next week who will help us present the new content describing how NuBits functions, as that has not been done well before.

The fork was handled quickly by a new release from our brilliant developer Michaël Witrant (sigmike), which resolved it shortly thereafter. We have a wonderful team.

People have been angry at us for such inexplicable reasons. I’m sorry that affected you. I want to address any concern you may have about us. We’re really just trying our best at providing a stable cryptocurrency.

Best regards,

Esko (jooize)
Vice Chief of Liquidity Operations at NuBits
Sweden

NuShares (NSR) remains listed at Alcurex, but deposits and withdrawals are disabled.

3 Likes

oh,no.

August 28th 2017 - Pending wallet update to version 5.1.0 once complete investors will have a 30 day period to cancel pending trades and withdraw their USNBT and NSR balances. Significant backlash (for something we had no control over) and related support overhead from the participating communities has resulted in a decision to delist.

— Cryptopia

Thank you for performing the upgrade and allowing a healthy amount of time for withdrawals. We understand the maintenance costs for our pairs may have been relatively high. If any losses have incurred, we’ll reimburse you in full and provide a solution.

We wish to offer paying Cryptopia a maintenance fee for continued listing of NuBits and NuShares. It obviously has to be worthwhile to maintain any trading pair, and it is common practice with regular stock exchanges to pay such fees. NuBits being a company is both willing and financially capable to pay.

Our plans were to purchase an additional listing for the new Chinese NuBits (¥1.00) and do some promotion in the upcoming weeks. We had already purchased Dotcoin in preparation.

May I ask what our community has been doing? We know there is a problem with disgruntled shareholders acting unprofessionally. I want to apologize again for our team’s misguided effort to reach you in the past, causing extra overhead.

I hope you can see us through. We’re growing rapidly now, and we can both benefit from a future together.

NuBits v5.2.0 was just released with improvements specifically for exchanges. If you’ve already upgraded to v5.1.0 and insist on delisting, there is little reason to upgrade. It improves CPU usage, and enables much larger withdrawals than the inconvenient limit of five million you’ve had to set.

Have a great continuation, and perhaps we’ll see you around.

Esko (jooize)
Vice Chief of Liquidity Operations, NuBits
Sweden

https://nubits.com/
https://discuss.nubits.com/t/nubits-v5-2-0-release/5409

3 Likes

Hi @Withboredom,

I hope you make the right decision and delist Nushares and Nubits. If you keep it listed, you are supporting one of the biggest scams in crypto. Nu is a scheme for self-enrichment solely for @jooize and @Phoenix / @JordanLee. See my email for further information. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, @Withboredom,
I second what @MaVo wrote.
We both have a track record of being inconvenient and sometimes even loud.
But if you take the time to look into our posts, you will find that there’s a lot of substance at them.

If you have any specific questions, please just ask them openly or in a private message. I’ll answer them as best I can.

1 Like

August 28th 2017 - Pending wallet update to version 5.1.0 once complete investors will have a 30 day period to cancel pending trades and withdraw their USNBT and NSR balances. Significant backlash (for something we had no control over) and related support overhead from the participating communities has resulted in a decision to delist.

Cryptopia has not replied to the official response, but about six hours ago they said this in the ticket where I asked them to suspend USNBT and NSR while we investigate the fork (which is since resolved).

Hi nu_jooize,

The admin team have decided to proceed with a delist. I will close this ticket.

Regards,
Cryptopia Support

1 Like

It seems a shame that they’ve decided to delist partially because of a couple of grumpy users being rude to them (which is something Nu and the community have no control over).

The support overhead is fair enough, though @jooize has offered to make payment so it’s worth their while, and work on improving the client is happening.

I hope a few community members send well mannered emails asking them to reconsider.

I also wonder if some ‘community members’ would have been purposefully rude to Cryptopia as they know the Nu network relies on liquidity to operate, and being delisted could be harmful to Nu’s operations? Though of course it could just be some obnoxious NSR holders.

1 Like

The market has spoken! (I love that sentence, it’s one of Jordan’s favorites)

1 Like

I agree. Cryptopia has a tendency to delist coins just because one bad apple or troll decides to be rude (whether it is intentional or not). In this respect, Cryptopia really has some growing up to do because it really is petty and childish as a troll with an axe to grind really can (and has) caused a lot of damage for various coins by taking advantage of Cryptopia’s attitude shortcomings.

On a different note, the NSR wallet really could be better overall.

3 Likes

It really can. Excellent wallet software will be an important focus once our core operations are stable and resilient. Possibly concurrently depending on the developers we find.

1 Like

If you really want an efficient wallet, you should take a look at the HYP wallet code base. It’s very resource efficient and the team is working on making it even more efficient in the near future.

https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/hyperstake-hyp-ann/info

I think many of the current headaches will go away if you can implement some it it’s features especially the litestake and multisend. Having a stable wallet helps immensely.

2 Likes

When will I be able to withdraw NSR from Cryptopia?

I’m sorry to say I don’t see more that I can do. Pushing further may have the opposite effect. They say customers and shareholders will have 30 days to withdraw after they upgrade to our latest wallet.

You write that they need to update the wallet to the latest version (5.2.0 ?), but on their website information that they are will update to version 5.1.0. Why?

Cryptopia write: NSR is marked for delisting and is currently in maintenance.

August 31st 2017 - Pending wallet update to version 5.1.0 once complete investors will have a 30 day period to cancel pending trades and withdraw their USNBT and NSR balances. Significant backlash (for something we had no control over) and related support overhead from the participating communities has resulted in a decision to delist.

Withdrawals will be enabled when the maintenance has been completed and if the wallet is back online again. There is no ETA on when the NSR wallet will be back online again. You can keep an eye on the wallet here :

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=NSR&view=links

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
I will close this ticket.

Thanks

fairlady

The Cryptopia Team

So, jooize, who know “when the NSR wallet will be back online again”? Why this is such huge trouble- to update the wallet?

hi , what im going to do whit my coins in cryptopia? cant whitdraw! when will be able to do this?

From what I observe, whoever has NSR in Cryptopia, will be at the loss and only, without more, inadmissible it.