[OLD] Cryptog's datafeeds - BETA

Based on the model of Cybnate’s datafeeds charter, I have created my own charter.
Please consider subscribing to my datafeeds if you feel it suits your vision for Nu.

Cryptog’s datafeed charter - BETA
Here is the information to subscribe to my experimental datafeed. Please take note of the disclaimer at the bottom before subscribing:

URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cryptog/nu_data_feed/master/cryptog_nu_data_feed.json
Signature URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cryptog/nu_data_feed/master/cryptog_nu_data_feed.json.signature
Signature address: SSmCygqYLTmzaQwL2i7ScryVdsdjK2hhgV

Documentation on how to add a datafeed to your client can be found here: http://docs.nubits.com/v1.0/docs/using-a-data-feed. If you don’t like parts of the vote you can untick them and add your own vote manually. Subscribing to this data-feed will overwrite any votes you had set in case you have ticked all the boxes in ‘Part of the vote to update’.

Charter
This charter describes the process on which grants, motions or park rates will be included. As it is impossible to foresee each scenario I can only give some guidance on how I would include or exclude new motions and custodial grants. I may add further guidance on my voting strategy or intentions in this charter in this thread.

Custodial grants and motions
I will endeavor to assess draft motions and draft custodial grants once posted. When they are published for voting, and I’m in favor I will try to add them within 24 hours into my datafeeds.

Current motion(s) in this datafeed:
c2096080fab25dc702424117e82d2e29a84c50c4

Current custodian vote(s) in this datafeed:
BNUpooLxGbHXSs7Qcwi5EBXzZ82BbWwsMN, 1800

Parkrates in tihis datafeed:
Because of the current low buy liquidity over Tier1~4 (see Jordan Lee’s post), there is a need to incentivize parking for over a month. During that month period, I believe Nu will be able to get new LPCs and thus increase its buy liquidity.
Therefore I am voting for the following annual parking rates:

• 1.4 days: 5%
  • 2.8 days: 5%
  • 5.7 days: 5%
  • 11.4 days: 5%
  • 22.8 days: 5%
  • 1.5 months: 5%
  • 3 months: 5%

Changes
When you have added the Signature URL you will be notified by the client of any changes to the datafeed.
The actual datafeed can be looked at here: https://github.com/cryptog/nu_data_feed/blob/master/cryptog_nu_data_feed.json
Any changes can be viewed here: https://github.com/cryptog/nu_data_feed/commits/master. I will try to provide clear descriptions. The last change is always on top. When the description of the changes is not clear you could click on the description and see the actual changes I made shaded in green.

Disclaimer
The data-feed is provided free of charge. To the full extent permissible by law, I disclaim all responsibility for any damages or losses (including, without limitation, financial loss, damages for loss in projects, loss of profits or other consequential losses) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of this data-feed or inability to use this data-feed, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the data-feed.

added: BPuTsT9FiDLSDihCHxzaieVXoksXqoffHk 1

EDIT: typo

added: BCFQHtHjcisGVHY7sY2jERBHTYqZLhSxmM 1

HEY Crytog,

Thanks for taking the time to write this thread on the data feed?

Quick question, I have a Mac and when i hit the vote tab i only have 3 option and DATA FEEDs is not one of them. Please help?

thanks,
S&H

Data feeds are available in 5.3, which is available for beta testing. you can download the binary in this thread.

I think coingame answered your question.

Yes he did, thanks.

1 Like

deleted motion: 6f361693a7b248730b41d4292f89dc6f6f166bc8

because it passed.

put some positive interest rates because of:Park Rate Voting

reput open sourcing motion because of : Error in motion counting method found

Modified the parking rates because:

• the buy liquidity has improved (at the time of this writing 50k, previously 20k)
  • i mistook annual rates and rates for specific periods.

Previously I intended 5% of return rate for 1 month.
I now reduce that to 2% and I extend the reward period from 1.5 months to 3 months.

Voting for the final proposal for continuing developments on Android wallet from cybnate.
See this.

Motions:

Custodian Votes:

Park rates : no change

Added: 876e10611809f3a90f2216fb61f107d3b7c9c469 : NSR auction

Deleted 6f361693a7b248730b41d4292f89dc6f6f166bc8

Deleted BCFQHtHjcisGVHY7sY2jERBHTYqZLhSxmM, 1
Deleted ed7b9fc65dc4e9d9acad61e528420c2690f599d2

02MAR15 modification

I’m subscribed to this datafeed right now without any political reasons. I don’t always have immediate access to my NSR miner so it’s better if it’s subscribed to a trusted representative. Is there any means to find out how many nushareholders use datafeeds and how much weight do these feeds have in the overall voting?

2 Likes

Great questions. Probably better to ask @sigmike .

No but someone could write a program that frequently downloads the data feed and count how many blocks are voting for the same thing. It would have to separate the vote parts because people can for example update only motions from the data feed.

Would it somehow harm the network if each datafeed had a random identifier that is not actually a hash of a motion but instead carries the purpose to differentiate the datafeed from the others in the block chain by its weight? For example, in the case of ‘cryptog’, we would convert it to hex which is 63727970746f67 and append zero byte padding to the end getting this: 63727970746f6700000000000000000000000000.

Now cryptog’s data feed would include this arbitrary identifier and a bot could be built that would monitor the block chain and record the proportion of cryptog’s datafeed in the overall voting. What do you think?