The original discussion originated in another thread :
tl; dr Shareholders are committed to adopt open source, but many of them would like to wait until some milestones are reached.
This spin-off thread purpose is to collaboratively edit a check-list of goals to include in a motion for committing to open source adoption.
I start by proposing a checklist, totally open to ideas and suggestions. I will keep the checklist updated in this post . If we find divergence of opinions we can fork the checklist and make another one, to include in two different motions that shareholders can vote, or three, or one hundred.
Milestones for Nu Network : Check-list to OSS adoption (id#1)
- NuBot : a. multiple-custodians per pair support; b. protection against mirror attacks; c. multiple products support (now only NBT)
- Custodians : 10 active LPC;
- Liquidity : 500.000 NBT buy liquidity
- Merchant Adoption : a. merchant directory ; b. merchant tools to accept NBT;
- Other products : An inflation-adjusted currency active for at least 1 month
- Tools : block-explorer improved
- Tools : at least one working Android NBT wallet
- Tools : the reporting tool for custodians
- Tools : website with stats about the network online
- Media : a video explaining NuBits
- Media coverage : a) at least two major crypto news-site article b) at least one major non-crypto news-site article about us
- Community : 1000 users registered on discourse
- Development Process : Design an open source governance model driven by shareholders
- Exchanges : NBT traded on 6 exchange (1 major exchange)
- NuShares : at least 70% of total shares are distributed
- Nu Client : a) data feeds implemented c) all major bugs known to date fixed c) … (need help here on people aware of the dev roadmap)
Please feel free to add, remove or edit item and explain why .
Many of the quantitative values are pretty rough and I just wanted to put it there as an example. I also realise that we (may) need a marketing goal in that list, and I live it to @tomjoad .
This is also a first draft of a roadmap that shows where Nu is headed, but its likely distorted through my personal lens. Thank goodness we have motions.