BlockExplorer.nu is now open source

less step info at readme file , fail to setup :cold_sweat:

maybe @JetJet13 will have some time to answer questions about the setup. I’ve no clue how it works.

Hey @huafei, thanks for showing interest in NuExplorer. I updated the readme a couple weeks ago. Take a look at it and let me know if there’s anything that isn’t clear or confusing.

Cheers.

2 Likes

@JetJet13

i try to set it up follow the reame step

mongodb is OK
nu client is OK

now i hit the question with router of express,
i thing something different from the version install from NPM

Keep trying…

1 Like

@JetJet13

Your block explorer is one of the best available out there.

Great job!

Congratulations releasing the source code.

+1

With the blockexplorer down for 6 days even after many pings I think it is clear that the current setup is not fit for purpose.

Without doing rebuilds I wonder whether it is possible to have a clone of the server transferred into another server on a different domain. I would support a proposal for 100 NBT/month including hosting of the server. However I would like to build in a clause which would reduce the payment with 100 NBT for every time the blockexplorer is down for more than 24 hours.This service is just too essential to be down for many days in a row as it is now regularly.

1 Like

i’m currently trying to setup just such server for few days, problem is that github hasn’t been updated with latest code (

i’m out, hard to do a clone

Hello everyone,
It seems that developers are having trouble cloning the explorer.

Now I believe the blame falls on my shoulders so I will be around for the next few days answering and helping any developers interested in cloning the explorer. Then I will make the necessary changes to the documentation so that future developers can avoid the problems you guys are currently running into.

PS you can ask questions/help on this post,create a github issue or in the gitter chat

Cheers.

6 Likes

thanks for your help .

can you try to install from the git clone for a test?

Hey Cybnate,

It’s hard to disagree with you. Unfortunately, my contract maintaining the NuExplorer has ended (hence Open Source) and I have other projects I am working on now. I do however still have access to the server and I do restart it and get it up to sync once in a while (like right now).

I’ll see what I can do to make it more stable, like switching out supervisor for pm2.

2 Likes

@JetJet13, can you please kick blockexplorer.nu?
It’s stuck for days.

ninjaedit: thanks for the kicking.

I’m sad to hear that your support contract ended.

Yea, I’m just waiting for nud to catch up so I can insert the blocks into db.

Yea, sounds like a good place to start. I’ll post my progress in this post.

1 Like

Please push the latest code to github, without it we can’t proceed.

Alright, after trying to build the explorer from the repo, there were a few things that went wrong.

First off, python-bitcoinrpc was bugged when I tried installing it with pip install python-bitcoinrpc. Instead, I had to use pip install git+https://github.com/jgarzik/python-bitcoinrpc.git.

Secondly, the docs were not as clear as I thought they were so I made some changes that should help. Specifically, how to start a mongodb daemon and its shell.

Finally, I made changes to the NuParserv007.py script so that it works on initial run, inserting the first 10 blocks of the blockchain into the db.

Hence, with the updated changes, I was able to clone the explorer with success. Check out the changes in the repo and clone this updated version for a clean slate.

As always, feel free to raise issues on github and ask questions in the chatroom on gitter.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Where is the best place to get nu-specific API info? Thanks @JetJet13

Hey @mhps, there is no official documentation up, so the best option right now is to simply use the urls located in server.js to figure out what parameters you need.

Note that all public api’s start with /api/v1. ie) http://blockexplorer.nu/api/v1/blocklatest/

Thanks. That was what I did when writing a watch dog script to restart the explorer when it is down.
Is it possible to remotely restart the explorer with a one-line shell command?

Not to my knowledge, no. Is that wise ?