B&C Exchange 5.0.1 release - upgrade before 18 July!

bitbucket source?

https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/downloads

you mean if I donwload once again, it should be able to solve matters?

just make sure to backup wallet.dat or use dumpprivkey method in debug console to save all of your addresses.

if simply installing 5.0.1 on top of 4.0.1 still does not sync after a long time, you can start fresh and after synchronisation is complete replace wallet.dat with saved copy or importprivkeys of your accounts.

its all in stakes right now

what would the date originally be called if not changed in name

I don’t understand what you mean.

Anyway if you upgrade all your coins will be back.

i have upgraded, but all coins are located as stake, and it seems to be continuing to synch

re-run your client like

nud -rescan -daemon

on linux. similar for qt. this will rescan the b-chain and put coins where they should be.

1 Like

Another thing to do is to enter repairwallet in debug window.

If we change blockchain time to 10 minutes, the performance of B&C exchange becomes 1/10?

What performance?

If you mean the CPU time required for minting as discussed recently in another post then no, that would not be changed by an increased time between blocks. There are other ways to reduce it though.

I mean the B&C platform trade/transaction volume handled by blockchain.

Then yes, the maximum possible transactions would be divided by 10.

But trading can happen without block confirmation. In the currently planned design orders could stack up in the mempool and confirmation would only be needed to make the actual fund transfer on the external blockchains. So some amount of trading burst above the block limit could be handled. But the design could also probably be changed to require less on-chain confirmations.

1 Like

@sigmike, have you paid attention to the lightning network? It’s the next big thing.

Yes. We can’t use the same concepts, but it can be an inspiration.

2 Likes

I would like see B&C 5 working reliably on Windows and OS X. Is there anyone currently running B&C on Windows or OS X?

It is a development matter mostly out of my hands, but I would certainly allocate funds to @sigmike or another developer to fix it.

I have had 0 connections to the B&C network since 10/21 –
Any new working .conf file?

1 Like

This problem relates to seed nodes. I’m not clear on who is running those (if anyone at this point) or what happened to the ones we had. Can anyone fill in some relevant info here?

I run one of the seed nodes and it has 25 connections.

So a solution could be to shut down the client, remove addr.dat and restart it. It should try to connect to the seed nodes.

It looks like my seed node in the only one running though.