B&C Exchange 5.0.1 release - upgrade before 18 July!

I am installing v 5.0.1 and the client indicate v 2.0 at the beginning of the blockchain download.
Is this normal?
The current version should be v 5.0 on the long run and also right from the start?

Where does it indicate that?

At least in the software details thumbnail.
I am out of the office now.
I ll let u know tomorrow.

Solved by waiting a bit.

Hey guys,
The block explorer daemon has not processed blocks past 551,626. I upgraded the daemon on July 19 (1 day after the deadline) and it was going fine until July 26.

Has anyone else come across this before ? I believe the solution would require a re-download of the blockchain. Let me know.

Cheers.

I noticed it and started a thread

but the problem was only solved for the Rasp-Pi.

Alright, I ended up re-downloading the blockchain and it worked. The explorer is sync again.
Cheers.

4 Likes

are yoyu guys saying that if no upgrade was done untill after 18th, all funds are lost.?

as long as you save your wallet.dat your funds are safe

what I mean is I though I was constantly needing to update, insetad I see all bks now in section where they have been like mining, yet dont come back

I mean right now I have some BKS sitting under stake, because it never ends to synchronize, after I upgraded, and I may well have doen this after the 18th, although I never realized that one was a must. I heard only about the 4.01 version as a manadtory upgrade.

Please check the bitbucket source if you have no idea.

bitbucket source?

https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/downloads

you mean if I donwload once again, it should be able to solve matters?

just make sure to backup wallet.dat or use dumpprivkey method in debug console to save all of your addresses.

if simply installing 5.0.1 on top of 4.0.1 still does not sync after a long time, you can start fresh and after synchronisation is complete replace wallet.dat with saved copy or importprivkeys of your accounts.

its all in stakes right now

what would the date originally be called if not changed in name

I don’t understand what you mean.

Anyway if you upgrade all your coins will be back.

i have upgraded, but all coins are located as stake, and it seems to be continuing to synch