Anybody knows what is reason for situation at Bter?

I can imagine.

I am thinking now that it is possible that the attacker(s) is/are targeting exchanges holding NBTs.
At excoin and bter NBT/BTC was the biggest pair in terms of trade volume.
It is possible that CCEDK could be the next target.
I would suggest the need for reducing drastically the current TIER1-TIER2 liquidity at CCEDK right now.

1 Like

It’s within the realm of possibility, but my personal belief is that it is just exceptionally bad timing.

I tend to approach the situation from another angle – EVERY exchange is a target, all the time.

1 Like

I’m really sad to see this happen as BTER is where the majority of trade volume was… Melotic exchange might be a good option if they’re open to integrating Nu.

Well, open source just passed, so we might get on some more exchanges because of that.

I agree.

Ccedk is/was under attack. We have been experiencing a DOS attack, all funds are safe though

It seems that CCEDK and Allcoin hold most of Tier1 liquidity right now.
Nu needs to make sure that the liquidity over there is safe.
CCEDK is checking their security right now after undergoing a DOSS attack.
What about Allcoin?
Someone did contact the LPC at Allcoin just in case?

What about Poloniex?

This here is quite interesting to follow: http://247cryptonews.com/bter-got-hacked-7000-bitcoins-stolen-7-different-accounts/

1 Like

any news on when bter will be back up?

some updates I could gather and translate with google from bter links note the translation might be a bit off ;p

weibo.com/btercom

We continue to track the hacker transfer records analysis: Link to this page if you have a new discovery, I hope you can provide clues for us. Here, thanks to Bitcoin Chinese American security team gives us safety advice, thank lengthy interviews, Bao Er Ye enthusiastic help, thank Rui fire block analysis provides us, thank you friends to provide security advice and clues for us.
Today 10:34 from Pro microblogging

Recently allows users worry, we will first arrange withdrawals work renminbi and the dollar after the Spring Festival, then the user can log on after the extraction verify account balances. Withdraw the work of other virtual currency will be opened in ensuring the safety of the digital wallet. The first opening of a virtual currency withdrawals will include NXT, XCP, XTC, etc

end translation note Chinese Spring Festival, is between feb 18 and feb 25

2 Likes

when is that ending?

25 february

update from
weibo.com/btercom

Tracking hackers, we are also seeking all possible ways to compensate for the loss of customers, including the sale of BTER.com trading platform (does not include debt and users of funds), all proceeds from the sale to compensate for the user. Welcome to entities interested contact us to discuss, Email: admin@mail.bter.com.
At 18:12 on February 18 from Professional Edition microblogging

We are seeking all ways to compensate our users including selling http://BTER.com (Debits & funds not included): admin@mail.bter.com

CNY and USD withdrawals will be enabled first in these days and the crypto-coins (NXT etc) will be handled later when we make sure it’s safe.

1 Like

update from bter twitter

We are preparing for the withdrawals. CNY, USD and NXT withdrawals will be handled first.

What about the NBT held over there by the custodians?

You can now log in to bter, but neither BTC, nor NBT or NSR balances are available, just a “Total funds estimation” in BTC.

bter update feb 22

preparing for the withdrawals.
Due to technical maintenance, suspend the extraction of virtual currency , thank you for your understanding and support

nbt sell side is 93300.908 NBT Total in btc =354.0769 on the buy side is 47699.234 nbt total in btc =178.6336

im pretty sure nubit will get all the NBT back but I doubt any of the lost btc maybe bter will pay them back some how at least getting back 93300.908 NBT Total in btc =354.0769 is not total lost

bter update
We need your help to identify the Bitcoin Mixer: https://blockchain.info/tx/28b3009c7ad8898077b348a943a9c5d8187e1e53e85893d17999b9125bbbab10

seem the hacker used BitcoinFog as mixer

http://www.walletexplorer.com/txid/28b3009c7ad8898077b348a943a9c5d8187e1e53e85893d17999b9125bbbab10

1 Like