[Withdrawn] Contract to hire coinaday (AKA Shaun Gosse) as Junior Documentation Developer for the Nu project

https://discuss.nubits.com/t/spot-an-opportunity-to-promote-nu-post-a-link-in-here/1225/399?source_topic_id=3577
1 Like

I felt the risk of the project to me, in terms of reputation and opportunity cost, was no longer worth the possible reward.

How about we guarentee you something like 5 hours a week max at $20/hour for the first month. Then you renegotiate after the first month for $25/hour with an established record of work for shareholders?

Iā€™m not interested in discussing or negotiating my services further.

Alrighty, have a good one.

anyway , you can be a risk to NU too :smirk:

By project do you mean Nu as a whole or are you talking about this specific project that you withdrew from? If itā€™s the former, Iā€™m not sure how you came to that conclusion, but I disagree with it. There is obviously high risk in terms of possibly losing the peg somewhere down the line, but the potential reward if we succeed is staggering. We have met and surpassed many obstacles since launch and will continue to do so. B&C Exchange will be a huge boon to the Nu Network once it releases as well. I really hope you reconsider. If not though, thanks for checking us out.

So are we essentially about to pay this person to research and study our design (in doing documentation work) so that at some point they can create competing services to our network based off our network? Because thatā€™s what it looks like :smiley:

2 Likes

No one can copy us. Im convinced of it. Everyone who touches a successful peg eventually realizes the achilles heel: you canā€™t keep the ecosystem small and still hold the peg. Itā€™s go big or go home cause if it works the supply grows and you have to put the money somewhere.

1 Like

If you read the post, Nyanshares in no way compete with Nushares. They are a concept for straw-polling NYAN hodlers and perhaps basically a marketing organization for NYAN. Do you also think that B&C Exchange is a competing service just because itā€™s a fork? I also pointed out that I would look at doing it years in the future. A clone of Nu two years from now doesnā€™t really seem like an imminent concern.

Either my work updating the whitepaper would be acceptable and worthwhile now or not. I donā€™t see why the fact I find the codebase potentially useful for other applications makes me a bad choice.

As far as the Nythereum portion of it, I found it an interesting thought experiment and still do. And you guys are free to use the idea if you think so as well. Iā€™d love to see a pegged computational token. I think it would be great for the marketplace! Obviously with the size of the network and existing liquidity, there would be a lot of inherent advantage. And it could even accept NBT directly.

Anyhow, look, Iā€™m probably just being too sensitive here, but I feel like Iā€™ve done everything I could possibly do to try to demonstrate good faith and make it an easy choice to try out my services, and while there have been a couple encouraging comments, itā€™s mostly a couple quick snarky lines pretty much implying Iā€™m trying to rip you guys off. If you guys all really just mean this in good humor, and Iā€™m over-reacting, my apologies, but Iā€™m tired of this. My offer for services is withdrawn.

Best of luck to you all in the future.

Im sorry you got hurt. I guarentee it was in jest. Still, your experience is your own and clearly a line was crossed. Please remember that tone is hard to pinpoint when all we have is text and emojiis. I hope you reconsider, but if you dont ill remember you as part of our community.

1 Like

I think you misunderstood the post of @CoinGame, because you donā€™t know his/her style.
Have a look here if you want to get an understanding of it:

I donā€™t know where you got tired of this, but Iā€™m damn sure it wasnā€™t here.
You seriously shouldnā€™t overvalue a misunderstood comment.
I hope you reconsider your decision, because I can ensure you that this community cares a lot for its members.
If you canā€™t for whatever reason I wish you the best.

2 Likes

I was really looking forward to your services, and Iā€™m pretty sure this was just a misunderstanding. Can @CoinGame please clarify.

1 Like

CoinGame might or might not be viewed more favorably by CoinaDay and be able to mend some severed ties if he does clarify. But I have yet to see another post that expresses disapproval of CoinaDayā€™s proposal, let alone ā€œmostly snarky linesā€¦ā€. If CoinaDay does not come back I would not see it as a consequence of a bad joke, because I would not hold very high expectations for a person who cannot handle just a single possibly dissenting view out of a sea of praise, encouragement and advice coming from a diverse community.

4 Likes

This can be done. If you hold a weaker peg, like bitUSD, and use the business of NYAN (I donā€™t know much about it, sorry) then you could sell your bits for $1 and make some money. The question comes down to what you use that money for and how the bits get used; are you buying back bits for $0.9?

It is correct to compare this to B&C, as @coinaday did. However, in B&C credits are consumed and proceeds are distributed to shareholders and not held. In Nu, money is held tightly so that it can be used to meet falls in demand, this requires a complicated network. How would Nyanshareholders handle large amounts of money? Thatā€™s all I meant by my comment.

I agree with you that itā€™s not a matter of a single comment. I disagree with your characterization but I can understand why you would feel that way.

Iā€™ve had a really long day. I wasnā€™t expecting to return here and find that I caused a bunch of drama. So, thatā€™s a bit surprising and it certainly wasnā€™t my intent. I thought it was a bit cheeky and would just be glossed over. It was probably the least critical thing Iā€™ve said about anyone or anything on this forum and was really intended as conspiratorial jest.

Though I have to admitā€¦ Iā€™m really happy with the outcome. As was already mentioned if thatā€™s all it takes to cause someone to take their ball and go home then I suppose we dodged a bullet. Iā€™ve already said I donā€™t think we should pay grants for documentation, and I wasnā€™t really thrilled about the proposal. Iā€™ve had to work really hard in the past to torpedo motions I wasnā€™t fond of.

So, iā€™m sorry if I hurt your feelings @CoinaDay. I like to have a little fun around here. It would be great for you to stick around the community. Though I think this type of response to a rather innocuous remark will make it difficult to build support for future proposals. At least from me anyway.

There was no bullet to be dodged.
Any update of the design document or other documentation would have been good.
It would have created no serious problem, if @CoinaDay had dropped off at any time.

Nu spends $10,000 for liquidity each month and an unknown amount of money for development (because thereā€™s no reporting for it) and doesnā€™t have some thousand USD for documentation?

I understand itā€™s welcome, if people like @Sentinelrv spend their time (for free) on documentation like the history of Nu.
Paying for documentation is beyond imagination?
Seriously?

Iā€™m kind of frustrated.
I think NSR should be confronted with fees for services more often.
This way they can learn that valuable services might have a price - or wonā€™t be provided.
I need to consider that in the future.

2 Likes

No wonder Nu hasnā€™t made much money ā€“ it basically makes a perfect peg and gives it to traders for free.

2 Likes

Right.
If Nu really wants to act like a business (what it does when it comes ro paying for documentation), it needs monetize its products.
Making money from the tx fee is currently out of reach.
I doubt Nu can get there (without going bancrupt before) if it continues to pay so much money for liquidity provision without making money from that as well.
If the peg were kept less closely, Nu could make money from the offset.
The ā€œNuBot approachā€ seems to be on the right way (with 1% offset or more).

3 Likes