[Voting] Custodial grant to purchase 2S1 Military tank for Nu Network

Dear shareholders,

As the network grows it will be imperative that we use any means necessary to help defend the peg. We have seen baseless attacks from various competing communities and we should position ourselves to withstand these attacks. I’m submitting a custodial grant to purchase a 2S1 Military tank from http://www.mortarinvestments.eu. Here is the direct page.

Included in the grant is the cost of purchasing the tank, demilitarizing the tank, getting a permit from the ATF to import it, costs of importing, black market remilitarizing, and shipping to park across the street from the Bitshares office with a giant NuBits flag posted on top. I cannot promise a timeline for all of this to be completed due to the various nuances of the plan described above. Be assured that it will be driven to completion with haste to the best of my abilities.

BLn1QeXbWm29Y94feWTtJZfnvd5yi3oSFV, 60000

5 Likes

Can you propose a proper custodial proposal (with hash) please?

I cannot, because doing so would prevent me from changing the terms of the grant to “buying a tank for CoinGame’s own personal enjoyment” after the voting is successful. My apologies for this inconvenience.

Would you at least keep the Nu flag on it?

Oh for sure, I may even get it a whole Nu paint job.

No hard feelings here then.

Jokes aside… My nissan pathfinder has loads of space to place Nu logos on… I once thought about applying for a “get my car a Nu look” grant and masking it as marketing expense, but I thought it was too silly.

1 Like

The “Gvozdik” or “Forester” is an amphibious howitzer

Can’t perform liquidity operations without this :+1:

Be careful with choosing your opponents!

While BitShares might not be able to provide customers with a really pegged crypto currency, somebody from the BitShares community/team might have made a sh*tload of money buying bitUSD at $1 and selling them at $1.10, $1.20 or $1.40.
This person might not even need to wait for funding by BitShares and can buy some anti tank devices from the own pockets.

Anyway, I think Nu should take peg defense seriously (BitShares’ pegging approach seems to be dangerous for pegs - let it not spread!) so there’s no reason not to hash it and proceed.
Sorry @Coingame regarding your own personal enjoyment plans with the tank, but isn’t it joy enough to defend the peg this way?

Proposal RIPEMD160 hash: 74160445f778610ddb7be69e427e93e7a305adbc

=##=##=##=##=##=## Custodian Hash starts with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=

Custodial Address: BLn1QeXbWm29Y94feWTtJZfnvd5yi3oSFV
Amount Requested: 60000 NBT

Dear shareholders,

As the network grows it will be imperative that we use any means necessary to help defend the peg. We have seen baseless attacks from various competing communities and we should position ourselves to withstand these attacks. I’m submitting a custodial grant to purchase a 2S1 Military tank from http://www.mortarinvestments.eu. Here is the direct page.

Included in the grant is the cost of purchasing the tank, demilitarizing the tank, getting a permit from the ATF to import it, costs of importing, black market remilitarizing, and shipping to park across the street from the Bitshares office with a giant NuBits flag posted on top. I cannot promise a timeline for all of this to be completed due to the various nuances of the plan described above. Be assured that it will be driven to completion with haste to the best of my abilities.

BLn1QeXbWm29Y94feWTtJZfnvd5yi3oSFV, 60000

=##=##=##=##=##=## Custodian Hash ends with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=

Verify. Use everything between and including the <custodianhash></custodianhash> tags.

74160445f778610ddb7be69e427e93e7a305adbc confirmed

1 Like

Is this the first hash with a hyperlink?

Also, if anyone pins this I will slap someone.

Dunno, maybe?

Whom will you slap in a decentralized world? Your neighbour next door?
This is an ongoing voting for a grant.
It deserves being pinned!

butterfly effect, I slap my neighbour, he beats his dog who bites a kid at the playground who throws his milk at the nurse taking care of his leg who gets angry with her husband who takes it out on the intern at work who forgets to check if the coffee is to hot before giving it to the financial trader who burns his tongue and spills the coffee on his keyboard, shorting it out in just such a way that the trader accidentally sells all his NSR.

Could you try to imagine a butterfly effect ending up with bitUSD getting the peg back and keeping it?

That would

• really confuse people and
  • with BitShares no longer being considered dangerous for pegs, we wouldn’t need @Coingame’s grant any more and could unpin it

If you can manage to get this butteflry effect running in anticpation of this thread being pinned, you would undermine the reason for it being pinned, which in turn would make it useless to slap your neighbour - you couldn’t give a good reason for having done it, because looking back it wouldn’t have been necessary.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s right, but I don’t know enough about time travel to dispute it.

1 Like

Which fork of the future (waaaah, we got a fork! But gladly not in the blockchain; just in the future…) would you like to choose then?
It’s up to you!
Will you slap your neighbour before or after this thread is pinned?
And which neighbour to slap when, where and how in order to stabilize the bitUSD peg?
Will stabilizing the bitUSD peg really remove the biggest danger for NuBits’ peg?
Whether this peg destabilizing disease is spreading might be read off the decision of NSR holders to provide asymmetric compensation of the buy and sell side. Ooops, pardon, that was almost serious.

So many questions, so few answers.

I think the safest way is to fund the tank as it makes Nu independent from @Nagalim slapping the right people at the right time, place and way.

edit: great - there’s already support for it

Why? This machine will kill us all. Not because it’s a tank, that’s fine with me, but it’s a freakin’ DIESEL!

I am Nagalim from the year 2025! Turns out I still had the same password back now as I did in 10 years. I should probably have changed that when I’m done here. Anyway…

Our world has been ravaged by the great Nu-BitAsset Peg War of 2020! It all started with pinning this grant proposal. Everyone here thought it was a joke, or thought they thought it was a joke. Meanwhile, block after block listed this grant and shareholders began tearing their hair out yelling ‘it was just a prank bro!’ Coingame, the ever efficient tank procurer, did his duty and parked the tank outside the bitshares office. The bitasset community responded by forging a gigantic wall made out of buy support and began lobbing any peg they could get their hands on at the tank: bicycle pegs, clothes hanging pegs, my aunt peg, even a few pogs, never mind the swine. The retaliation was swift and brutal as Nu sent custodian after custodian to graffiti their wall with N’s and the kind of box thing that B&C uses, you know what I’m talking about. Unfortunately, many of them were lost to the maze of BitAsset’s internal marketplace, never to be heard from again. The UN finally stepped in under an unprecidented united decision to ban all pegs of all sorts, wooden or otherwise, across the entire globe. Absolutely ravaged.

It was a cruel time, and it pains me to describe it in such horrid detail. But without such warning, I fear we’re all doomed to this peggless society, so I used a cyber-temporal abberation generator (they’re all the rage) to bring you this warning. Oh, also, the tank gets a massive parking ticket.

3 Likes

It sounds like there’s no way to stop BitShares from breaking all pegs - not just the bitUSD peg.
It’s hopeless.

Wait, it isn’t!
Can’t you take some of us with you in this cyber-temporal abberation generator?
Those who don’t perish in the Peg War, because they are moved into the future will change the course of time!

Then again…
Pin it! Pin it! Pin it! Pin it!

I will take any pseudonym with me that wishes to come. No human beings though, I’m still not convinced those things even exist, despite the tricky name. Like honestly, naming something a ‘Being’ is like naming something 'Totally Real, Trust Me".