Welcome, newcomer! Ask questions here

What error message are you receiving?

Yes my wallet is encrypted but when I open the wallet its for minting only

If it’s already unlocked for minting I think you have to lock it again before you can do the full unlock from the console.

1 Like

10:14:48
ďżźThis is the code I keep recieving
Method not found (code -32601)

10:14:48
ďżź
Method not found (code -32601)

What is the command you’re using? Make sure to replace your actual passcode with ***** before you post it on the forum

walletpassphrase PASSWORDHERE 600

Like coingame said, don’t tell us your password.

2 Likes

walletpassphrase"XXXXXXXX" = unlock the wallet for not only minting, but for all operations

1 Like

try first typing:

walletlock

then do the walletpassphrase again. Make sure there’s a space between ‘walletpassphrase’ and your password.

Also, make sure you’re using your peercoin password for the peerunity wallet. Check that you’re using the correct password.

1 Like

I retyped the command and this is the error code I am getting now:

10:25:17
ďżź
Error: type mismatch

So ‘walletlock’ went off without error? Then when you used the same walletpassphrase itgave a different error?

Try wrapping the passcode in single quotes as well like ‘passcode’

1 Like

Double quotes work as well and are recommended in case there are characters in the password, which mess the debug console up (e.g. blank).

I lock the wallet, I then typed in the following:

10:25:17
ďżź
walletpassphrase “XXXXXXXXXXXXXX” = not for minting only, but for all operations

and then I recieved the following code

Error: type mismatch

pretend your passcode is:

I like horses

In that case, you would type these two lines:

walletlock
walletpassphrase “I like horses” 600

1 Like

Wait are you literally adding “= not for minting only, but for all operations” to the command? Because you should not add that… Use @Nagalim’s instructions above.

Okay that is the problem, so I typed what Nagalim instructed and it did work, YEAH!, thank you,

BUT I then went to my NU wallet and attempted to export the keys to my Peer wallet that I just unlocked and I received the following error code ERROR wallet is locked for minting only

I really do appreciate all of your help and Thank You for your patience with me, as I am sure this is frustrating

1 Like

In the Nu wallet?

Same procedure like for Peercoin:

also, that 600 means your wallet will only unlock for 10 minutes (600 seconds) then it will lock again. Just so you’re aware.