We have a NuBits tipbot at reddit!

I think you have already outlined some of the main reactions and I appreciate that you don’t want to go like a bull at a gate doing soulless promotion.
It sounds like you will do it very well!
Thank you!

Hi.
The bot has been running well and entirely unaided. I think it could be ready for a giveaway.
There have been a few more tweaks but only really to the format of the confirmations and private messages. there’s now a tag line on the bottom of every message that links to the NuBits website and another that links to Coin Market Cap to see the $1 value. As a vehicle to spread word of NuBits I think it will be successful.

If you are going to be doing a giveaway, give me a heads up as I can make sure I’m close(ish) to a computer in case anything does blow up. (it shouldn’t but you can never be too careful!).
Which subreddit do you think you’d be doing the giveaway on? It would be worth doing a few test tips before hand to make sure the bot sees them. The bot has Reddit Gold now so it shouldn’t be an issue but, again, good to make sure.

Good idea adding in the website and other data. That should help bring people here.

Ok I was thinking around 2-4 hours from this post.

I’ll be asleep.
I’ve been playing with the bot all day and it has behaved itself. I’ve been tipping on new subReddits to and haven’t needed to enter a Captcha.
I’m happy for you to give it a go as i’m 98% sure it’ll be fine. Pop a link to the post back here when you’ve started and I’ll join in in the morning.

@masterOfDisaster, I’ve sent you a PM regarding the Peercoin tipbot.

Sent +info and a 1 NBT tip, over an hour ago, haven’t gotten anything back from the bot. So I think I will wait for a time where you are available.

Doh!. I cursed it!
It’s running now and the commands should be getting confirmed. I’ll look into the issue today.

Edit: The pending bot requests have gone through successfully. It would seem that the terminal I was monitoring the bot progress with hung up and ended the bot process. I’ve started the bot in a different way now that should prevent that happening again.

Well about 80 NBT I sent from CCEDK is not showing up in my bot address, probably due to the 0.5.1 update thing.

I created a ticket with CCEDK but who knows how long it will take, giveaway suspended :frowning:

I’m having similar issues with a deposit into CCEDK. I suspect they are running a 0.4 nu daemon.
I’ve put in a support request too so will help to monitor the situation and provide them information if they require it.
As soon as they upgrade, the transactions should start coming through (if that is the issue)

Update: I got a reply from the CCEDK support and my deposit has gone through.
@Yurizhai, has your withdrawal come through yet?

Edit. just checked the bot and it looks like you balance is correct

Yep! Everything is all good.

Posted a giveaway here. Would appreciate a few upvotes to get it off the ground! Thanks

2 Likes

I would just like to commend @Yurizhai for stepping out of their way to promote NuBits with their own wallet. They’ve tipped over 42 NBT to strangers in the giveaway thread. It’s been a monumental success. The post has been at the top of /r/cryptocurrency for over a day, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.

For comparison… I’ve been tipping people .10 NBT each. Yurizhai has tipped everyone 2 NBT each.

I’m very glad we have so many passionate and generous members of this community. I hope we can continue this spirit going forward and attract more people of the same persuasion.

2 Likes

Here Here!

1 Like

I also liked how you turned that Dogecoin thread into a what is NuBits thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Yurizhai succeeded in giving NuBits the top spot on /r/cryptocurrency for an entire day. Amazing job! I hope our tipbot continues to see high usage.

Total accident. Honestly didn’t mean for it to become a NuBits AMA. Especially considering it was someone else’s unfortunate post. There was just so many questions though and I didn’t want to leave people hanging.

Thanks guys, I was happy to do it. I didn’t even end up using half of the NBT I planned on giving away. I tried to make a post for /r/technology but my account wasn’t old enough.

Is the bot down?

The bot tends to fall asleep sometimes… @woolly_sammoth may have to give it a kick.