Wall Observer - NuShares price movement tracking & discussion

What could be the main reason for the recent dump?

Early investors taking profits seems to be the most probable reason.

1 Like

The recent dump was dealing with some hundreds of thousands of NSR.
It only affected the price that much, because the NSR market is still thin.
If we see dozens of millions of NSR being dumped I start to worry for Nu.
The recent dump was just a chance for people to get aboard the Nu train before the prices are much higher :wink:
As long as the NSR stay at exchanges (and given they don’t mint with them) Nu doesn’t need to worry about “accidental NO votes”.
…the drawbacks of leaving NSR at exchanges have beed discussed in-depth and I don’t want to digress by putting the focus on that.

Early adopters can sell at roughly 3 times the price they paid for their NSR.
It is tempting to sell them at current price levels (and equals an annual interest of approximately 800%), but I think that is just the beginning.
The trading volume of NBT is still low. The number of transactions is still low. The number of corporations supporting/using NBT directly or indirectly is low.
The ground is being paved to change that.

There’s so much potential and all is on track! The peg is stable ever since NBT were released. The only thing that needs improvement is the LPC involvement.
…if only the motion to adopt an open source license would get more votes. This would be such a boost for adoption and use of NBT!

Just try to imagine what happens to the NSR price once NBT starts being used for what it has been made for :wink:

5 Likes

I think I agree extensively here.

The big difference between nsr and the other crypto assets is that you can vote with nsr for decisions on which depend the future of Nu.
That is why Nu cannot afford a situation in which a lot of nsrs are held by pure speculators.
That is why I think the liquidity is very low.
But that makes me wonder. Why not creating not voting nsr?

1 Like

The ternary voting system (YES|NO|NULL) is a step in that direction. That wouldn’t require a separation between NSR that are not allowed to vote (a concept that is known from traditional stock corporations) and those that are allowed.
It would basically be a matter of choice. That way non voting NSR could still participate in securing the block chain without interfering with ongoing votes.
By setting the standard vote to “NULL” each NSR would be a non voting share unless configured differently.

5 Likes

That is indeed an elegant way to create “non voting shares”.

I suspect traders still think of NuShares like other cryptoassets such as Bitcoin, where everyone plans to hold them until a specific price is achieved. NuShares are very different. If the Nu ecosystem continues to develop, it will be possible to earn profits solely through dividends without ever selling a NSR.

My guess is as @cryptog states; a couple sellers who purchased low (perhaps 0.0018 USD) who want to lock in profit at 0.0050 USD and higher. It’s a well-known phenomenon in finance called “temporal discounting”. It’s the idea that a trader might realize there is massive untapped future potential in the Nu network, but it feels better to have a smaller guaranteed immediate profit.

2 Likes

Exactly. I don’t think many of them even realize what it is that they own. Nu is a business, unlike Bitcoin. Once shareholders figure out ways to start making profits, there won’t be any reason to sell, unless that business stops making them money.

4 Likes

Speaking as someone who purchased their shares on the open market above the current distribution rates (at the time), I sold a relatively large portion of my shares when the price went really high and I have since bought them back. This brought my entry cost down to that of an early shareholder, which was my hope. The trouble is, not everyone who sells can buy back and it seems there is a line of buyers forming under 2000 satoshis on both the bigger exchanges for NSR trading. It honestly felt really awkward when my stack of NSR was low and I felt kind of guilty for selling them. I did get over it relatively quickly, though, at the end of the day. :smiley:

I am back to voting and trying to find something useful I can offer to the network.

1 Like

MASSIVE DUMP - guess it s due to ccedk injecting 5m NSR in trade.
Granted low vol of trade

After the latest proposal of JL, it seems that selling NuShares will be the usual way to profit from Nu, hopefully Nu will be successful and profitable enough to provide an adequate and sustainable Buy wall for NuShares.

Wondering why the trade volume is so low lately. Only 934 usd over the last 24h for example.

But the sell order book is rather thick at ccedk. https://www.ccedk.com/nsr-btc

The auction is the most logical explanation.

1 Like

So price is now 1400 Satoshi at bter. I have only 2000 NSR in my wallet. I cant do nothing with them.
Should i sell them?
I bought them because i like the stable Coin NBT.
(I hold at bter 70% NBT and now i’m lucky because the money is not away)
Is there a reason that NSR will rise again?
What do u think is the bottom?

NSR can certainly rise with no reason.

That shows the problem. :wink:

It’s been really low volume trading in NuShares the past couple weeks The chart below is just this past week from Poloniex, which starts off with the lowest price since the string of exchange hacks. Due to low volume, you can pretty much throw any trend analysis out the window, I believe. My personal opinion is that the price is too low for any willing sellers, and buyers are holding back in case any late sellers did show up.

4H Candles 1W Zoom

After the Nu source code was released, we saw a large spike from a market buy. About 750k NSR were bought. Shortly after the buy orders were filled, a trader placed many small sell orders (300-400 NSR) until the price spread was down near 1300 satoshis again. Then another large buy occurred and bought up the sell side for about 450k NSR.

Maybe this trader is looking to keep a lid on the price to buy more NSR or the shareholder trading out is putting on his game face, because shortly after this buy 1 million additional NSR made it’s way to the sell side of the order book in the form of closely spaced 25k-50k orders around the 1500 satoshi mark.

2 Likes

With current Bitcoin price slump and other crypto-currency market generally depressed,

• where do you think is the bottom for NSR?
  • when do you think is the bottom for NSR?

What was the lowest price ever of NSR on the markets?

nushare chart

Think the lowest price can be 1 satoshi

i have read this, to understand the price

1 Like

25 NuShares NuShares $ 1,362,046 $ 0.001669 815,962,708 NSR * $ 4,700 -21.49 %