The State of the NXT platform: DIRE

my conclusion: the “all for profit” investor type :smiley:

Well he also bought a Lambo and realized later on that it was a liability (plenty of reparation within a short amount of time).
He was convinced to buy a Lambo after seeing somewhere a motto that was saying something like “drive a Lambo everyday” …but later realized after purchasing the car that it was not actually the case.
He invested more and more money in NXT as time and development went by because he thought that the asset exchange, the interface, the messaging app, and other functions embedded within the client were really useful…but in fact it s rather the opposite.
So I feel he is the type of investor that relies too much on superficial mottos, marketing buzzs, without doing sufficiently the due diligence and factual double check. This is bad if you are not a trader aka an investor on the long run, as I am and he is.

Of course, this is only my take.

2 Likes

by the way I realized you drew him. You just create another internet meme. :dancebanana:

1 Like

No, that was the first youtube comment on that video :wink:

2 Likes

Overcoming Desperation & Utility Nxt vs Counterparty (Marc de Mesel, one of the biggest NXT investors)

1 Like

Nxt Dooms - Ethereum Booms - Bitcoin 2.0 Glooms

Damn, that guy is looking worse and worse all the time. :frowning:

2 Likes

Just a reminder again, assets like Bitcoin, Ethereum and NXT can appreciate and depreciate sharply just like stock can. Don’t invest more than you can afford to loose and spread your investments across multiple assets is more true than ever. Or just keep your funds in NBT, always 1 dollar :slightly_smiling:

5 Likes

We talk about Ethereum, Lead Dev Jean-Luc, NXT 2.0 Proposal, GPL License, Funding, 73 Founders, Private Blockchains, NXT 2.0 Use Cases, NEM, Private Storage Solutions, Why He Joined Nxt, BCNext, Killerapps, Privacy Coins, Nxt’s Shuffling & User Friendliness and finally his Development Process! Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

They have a nice blog post: http://nxter.org/nxt-2-0-design-proposal-should-investors-and-asset-issuers-be-afraid/

You cannot get the right answers by asking the wrong questions…

But somehow, de mesel suggests that they need now a voting system to pay grants to elected developers if they want to support them…

1 Like

I can totally imagine a voting system in NXT as it’s a PoS consensus scheme.
But where shall the grants come from unless they change NXT from fixed supply to variable supply?
Or is there a development fund that shall be manged by voting?
Are those questions answered in the video? If so, I might watch it :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are suggesting somehow to fork for a voting system + non-fixed supply, but without agreeing…

2 Likes

Lol, if they had a voting system, they could vote for a…
…wait a second…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

change of the “X” to “B” ?

3 Likes

If you put a sophisticated liquidity provision scheme on top, well then…
Oh, they should not only change the X for a B, but put “US” (or whatever seems appropriate) in fromt of it.
…if only they had a voting system.

That much about governance. A lesson that can be learned from Nu, JordanLee, whoever you want to be your teacher.

1 Like