Spot an Opportunity to Promote Nu? Post a Link in Here!

Open sourcing thread…

We’ve partnered up with Bittrex to do a 250 NBT giveaway to the first 250 accounts to sign up and create a NuBits address. http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/32gzk1/to_celebrate_the_launch_of_nubits_on_bittrexcom/

Tom posted about Peershares in a /r/bitcoin thread…

1 Like

Honestly, I think the Peershares code needs to be updated with all the new features to encourage more usage, plus the ability to easily create your own Peershares blockchain like what FuzzyBear says he’s working on. We would also need to update the Peershares website with loads of new info. It’s pretty bare bones right now. All the focus though is on building DAOs using Peershares, rather than spreading the technology itself. As I said in the thread, hopefully B&C will do a better job of exposing people to Peershares, since it will bring lots of people from different communities together to trade. They’re bound to learn about the technology that powers B&C this way.

1 Like

A link to the full B&C Exchange announcement is up on /r/Bitcoin: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/345q22/bc_exchange_is_an_upcoming_decentralized_bitcoin/

I added a little comment there.

2 Likes

@Ben just updated peershares.net to make the layout a little bit cleaner, and to get rid of the old information that was outdated. The website should be ready for any new visitors now.

Cool, it looks like it just gets straight to the important info. I’ll check it out when I have some more time. I just want to announce the auction on Peercoin’s Facebook and Twitter and then I should be done.

Edit: maybe you want to add NuBits in there as an example implementation so people have an idea of what’s possible using the software.

Added. That was a good addition. Any new implementations (like B&C) will be added to the sidebar if people let me know about them once they’ve launched.

Someone decided to drop NuBits into their top 10. Share it if you have a social account!

3 Likes

nice :wink: but somehow inexact in many ways :!

NuBits brings an interesting selling point (somewhat literally) to the altcoin marketplace. Instability among altcoins has been one of their main drawbacks, and NuBits hence uses automatic bot trading to steady the price, ensuring 1 NBT equals 1 USD.

Building out the requisite infrastructure to make international remittances as cost-effective in NBT as with Bitcoin may take some time, but the removal of the conversion headache with the dollar can hardly be underestimated.

I don’t see it being that inaccurate, what do you think is off target?

1. they use the term instability to mean volatility.
  2. they claim “instability” to be a problem among altcoins (therefore excluding btc)
  3. automatic trading bot is not the only mechanism to mention, rather is the control of the supply that should be mentioned in an article as that. And dividing the equity token from the transactional unit, and parking, interest rates, dividends, liquidity provisions, voting,burning …

I’ve added my comment, nice find @CoinGame.

I think the first two are a bit nitpickey, but yeah I doubt the author really dug deep into any of the projects. It’s nice the get listed though.

This article deals with “Hayek-Style Cybercurrency” and the current implementation of Nu is close to what the author, Kevin Dowd, describes.

e.g.

And this is effectively close to what @Benjamin proposed in his brilliant thread “Some Suggestions To Eliminate Peg Maintenance Expenditures”

[quote]
Rational expectations would then come into play to stabilize the price of coins during
each period. If the price of coins were to go below $1 during any such
period, it would be profitable to take a bullish position in coins, go
long, and profit when the quantity adjustments at the end of the period
pushed the price back up to $1. Conversely, if the price of coins were
to go above $1 during that period, then it would be profitable to take a
bear position and sell or short coins to reap a profit at the end of
that period, when the quantity adjustments would push the price back
down to $1.[/quote]

Why am I writing all this?
The author seems to be well-informed, the article is well-written, using references and Kevin Dowd is presented as “an adjunct scholar at the Cato Institute, and a professor of finance and economics at Durham University in England. Dowd has written extensively on the history and theory of free banking/private money, central banking, financial regulation, and commodity monetary systems.”

It might not help getting the desired attention spamming comments at the end of that article which is already close to two weeks old.

Getting in contact with Kevin Dowd, informing him about Nu hoping that he finds that interesting might be worth the efforts.
It could be he just haven’t heard about Nu so far…

@tomjoad, what do you think of this? Could this be worth writing him an email or a comment?

2 Likes

2 Likes

D’oh! I should have read the comments…
…buy anyway the assertion that there is fluctuation based on charts from coingecko can hardly aligned with the liquidity at 1 USD provided by pools.
It’s just like selling you 1 USD for 0.9 USD or 1.10 USD (you wouldn’t want to do the latter) and claiming that USD fluctuates.
USD doesn’t fluctuate relatively to the level the issuer is guaranteeing and that’s (so far) true for NBT as well.

1 Like

Bitfinex was hacked (again). This is a good thread to write about B&C Exchange: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/36uxxz/bitfinex_has_been_hacked/crhbcq

My first comment:

B&C Exchange is another decentralized exchange that is in fundraising. It has raised about $95,000 out of $200,000 required. It will allow trading between native blockchains and offers cryptoequity to its owners in the form of BlockShares (which can earn Bitcoin dividends from trading fees on the exchange).

Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.0

I hope a few readers will choose to support our project. These centralized exchange failings will occur forever.

Now is a great time to highlight the need for decentralized exchanges like B&C Exchange.

2 Likes