Spot an Opportunity to Promote Nu? Post a Link in Here!

The Nubits digital token was in quite a precipitous drop during the last Bitcoin rally to $500, but price seems to have stabilized now, and some definitive pivot areas are visible on the daily chart

This entire article reads like a piece from The Onion. Trend analysis on an asset that has been $1.00 the entire time.

1 Like

I thought the following comments from Ben Bernanke on Bitcoin were noteworthy because they point to the need for NuBits:

The full interview is on Quartz but is quoted in this CoinDesk article.

Many in the Bitcoin and Peercoin communities have been critical of our stable value, but it will receive a much warmer welcome in more mainstream circles.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand why. A stable currency is more valuable for many people, and I believe roles remain for other coins. To break out completely from the legacy financial systems, we need something with a free market value, right? The backbone argument seems sort of infamous, but I havenā€™t been convinced of an alternative way of storing ā€˜communicationā€™ (be it monetary value, pointers to data, ā€¦) in a convenient central but decentralized manner thatā€™s sustainable enough to remain available for a long time into the future.

I disagree with the store of wealth argument, because obviously a stable currency will store it more safely assuming it doesnā€™t fail, and something with free value cannot be expected to grow indefinitely. Gold apparently plays a role for many, however, which may be something to compare with and emulate, but thereā€™s arguments both ways.

Fear of being invested in the wrong project can of course be a cause of criticism, but makes for no good reason.

Please argue against these points. What I value most is arriving at a conclusion, not being right.

1 Like

I need time to write a sound post, which I donā€™t have right now.

It will go in this direction: Peercoin can be sustained with very little effort in the sectors energy consumption, hardware specs, development, attention, making decisions.

Some of it is true for e.g. Nu as well. But Nu needs a lot of attention. After all Nu is a corporation and can fail in ways, Peercoin canā€™t fail, e.g. Peercoin canā€™t run out of money.

1 Like

Agree that this is the greatest weakness of Nu vs e.g. Peercoin. However Peercoin can fail due to lack of attention and funding as we have seen recently with the fork. Thanks to the attention of many in the Peercoin community it was swiftly addressed. Lack of nodes and lack of minters could also be a thread to Peercoin, but Iā€™m digressing.

I think the Quartz article fragment Jordan referred to clearly shows that Nu addresses at least one of the two flaws in Bitcoin. The other one is that adoption is still lacking behind compared to any other payment system in the world. I believe neither Nu, Peercoin or Bitcoin can address this alone, only collaboration and smooth gateways from the old to the new and between the new can address this. That is where NuBits (stable), Bitcoin (network), BKS (decentralised exchange) and NuDroid (mobile platform) will be a very powerful combination. Bitcoin might be the weakest link when you value decentralisation though, thatā€™s how Peercoin might eventually play a role.

3 Likes

that was my question where will Peercoin play a role?why Peercoin as it seems to be going nowhere fast,why not a more stable crypto or at least one with a working Dev

Every coin has its issues. We need a commodity external to the system for dividends. Peercoin is stable and secure on the long term scale, a great cryptocommodity.

1 Like

Peercoin seems slow, but that makes surviving for it easier. Itā€™s a little bit like a sloth :wink:

If things like the recent exploit happen, that caused a temporary fork, developers are on it very fast.
It was only hours after the fork until several devs were analyzing the issue and sigmike had a fix ready quite soon.

Otherwise Peercoin is going forward slowly, being extraordinarily good at two things:

• being as much decentralized as possible
  • being sustained dirt-cheap

Letā€™s talk about Peercoin again after the next Bitcoin coinbase reward halving!
I wouldā€™t know what to prefer to Peercoin. My requirements are decent trading volume and a huge reliability. Both requirements are met by Peercoin.
Others might have different requirements, though.

1 Like

Are we looking for merchants to adopt the nu network either in shares or nubits??

Nubits. Nubits are actually useful as a currency, as opposed to bitcoin with its crazy volatility.

Merchant adoption would be wonderful. They could accept nbt and cash out to USD using ccedk at their leisure without worrying about the price dropping.

well I have two hosting sites, one serving UK and Europe and another and global cloud.I will consider either nubits or shares as payment for shared or private hosting

3 Likes

sorry another serving Pakistan and the Indian region

Do you have an info site anywhere that you can link to? Or anything official-looking?

www.bitsintheclouds.com www.datafromthecloud.in is two of my sites both have private and shared hosting and both have shared cloud hosting

1 Like

Will you accept NBT as a $1 equivalent? What price feed do you intend to use for NSR? It might be best to stress the NBT payment rather than the NSR.

well maybe your right but as it has to be did manually as I am not set up for accepting NBT or NSR I would accept NBT at 1.05 and NSR at the rate at BTER (mid price)

Would you mind making a separate post in this forum that advertises your two websites and your deals for prices, as well as whatever else you want to add? I can make one for you if you need me to.

I think this is great. I hope you find that dealing with Nu is beneficial.

i am willing to destroy half of any shares used every month on the sites and if nubits are used i will give unlimited storage and bandwidth as long as it not something like utube your hosting.I prefer if you could do it for me and potential clients would have to email first as I said I am not set up for altcoins and I would need to do it manually.My health is not great so it will take me time to make the sites more business like.

@tomjoad can help advertise too, Iā€™m sure. Iā€™ll make a post.

none of the nubits will be sold for at least 3 months and a seperate address can be set up to show this