Spot an Opportunity to Promote Nu? Post a Link in Here!

I’ve been watching The Daily Decrypt less and less over the past weeks, as I simply can not stand those hidden DASH advertisements anymore.

Not sure what you are referring to, but re blockchain governance and developers they have a point. Maybe with the B&C chain we can vote and pay the developers in the future too besides just the signers.

The developers of B&C Exchange and NuBits are paid in accordance with their individual contributions. They get paid whatever shareholders desire, or whatever a representative of shareholders chooses (such as myself). Some developers, such as desrever, have been paid directly by shareholders without the slightest use of authority or trust. Because developer compensation must be carefully and constantly adjusted to match actual development contributions, it makes sense in many contexts to have a project manager or team lead manage the details of that compensation. The point is that our network has the flexibility to allow shareholders to choose either approach: direct or managed compensation of developers.

Our governance model is superb. Without a doubt, it is the most effective blockchain governance model developed to date. Motions and grants controlled directly and solely by individual shareholders keeps power decentralised and funds secure while providing incredible flexibility. We had this mature, supple and powerful governance model before Dash even began to develop their own governance model. It is likely they have learned quite a bit from us, doing what they can within their flawed framework to emulate what we have done so successfully. Proof of work systems are unable to emulate the powerful and effective governance we have.

7 Likes

…because only with PoS, the ones who have something at stake (pun intended!) are in the position to decide.

Gladly Nu had this superior governance with motions and grants right from the start (which B&C Exchange could inherit).
Without it hard forks could form consensus (the form with the majority of minters would prevail), but in a very disruptive way that is not suitable for a business and its business partners.
Well done, JordanLee!

1 Like

Which is why it’s so disappointing that Daily Decrypt left Nu off of their lists when speaking about the subjects of decentralized governance and paying developers. I don’t think Nu should have to pay for every mention it gets on the show, especially when she’s speaking about a subject in which Nu is superior in.

I don’t want us to look like complainers, but should we say something to them about it and ask why our network was left off their lists when a mention was most likely called for given the subject matter?

They have 5000 youtube subscribers. There’s no way they get a return on their time investment from youtube money, so for their platform to survive (and themselves to eat) they need to get paid somehow. Their content is obvious advertisements mixed with not so obvious advertisements mixed with crowd sourced crypto info and investigative content. We shouldn’t be relying on third parties in general to spread our message when we have our own platforms and properties to express the virtues of our system. We ourselves are failing horribly in that regard.

If we want to point fingers at who isn’t doing a good job of representing the benefits of our network I suggest we start with a mirror. Hopefully open sourcing the website will make it easier for the community to contribute in generating that content on our biggest property. At least that’s my hope. I’m still trying to clarify some things before I post up a grant address.

From there I hope we can get more organized in how we conduct business. More effort in generating reporting from liquidity activities, implementing NuLaws so that new and existing users have a framework from which to reference operating conditions within the DAO, and continued investments in development to offer shareholders more tools in peg management.

7 Likes

You’re right. I guess I expected too much. I just don’t want to see them turn into one of those crypto news services in which everything is paid for reporting. Our policy of not paying for articles gets us next to nothing worth of press coverage and limits awareness of our network, but I understand why we don’t do it. Earned press is always better, but unfortunately it doesn’t happen often enough.

I’d take volatility over instability any day. I don’t plan on buying any dai until there’s been at least 2 major blackswan events and dai has survived.

How many blackswans has nubits survived so far?

NuBits mentioned at 21:30 –

1 Like

Not sure what the opportunity is in the thread.
If ccedk had an ETH/US-NBT pair we could have helped out given we have a decent pool on the USD/US-NBT pair.

Amanda is looking for an interview partner regarding our custodial grant system.

3 Likes

Can i do it via txt? What’s an interview?

I have seen previous interviews between her and someone else using video chat. I wouldn’t think text would suffice, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask. Before that though we should see if somebody is able to do a video interview. @cryptog did one before. Is he able to do one again, this time with a larger audience? If we can’t produce somebody in a timely manner, then we can’t complain if our network is ignored in the future. This is an opportunity, so let’s make something positive out of it? Who can step up for this?

is @chronos still around?

I messaged him on Peercointalk just in case. He was online today.

“nushareholder” is one of my twiter accounts.
I would suggest @cryptog for the interview

@crypto_coiner @Sentinelrv Tks for suggesting me. I can do the interview.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/4e4dv9/will_i_ever_be_able_to_buy_my_groceries_with/