Spot an Opportunity to Promote Nu? Post a Link in Here!

@masterOfDisaster, just pinging you. No reason.

1 Like

@willy, thank you for pinging me :slight_smile:

I started watching the other videos. This series is not bad for people who want to get an overview. Very nice!
NuBits are mentioned since episode 21 in the introduction at price overview.

It would be very nice to see Nu sponsor some episodes!

This series is still very young, but I agree that it could massively gain viewership - the content is interesting and provided in a nice way; good, compact information, very little bias.

Yesterday’s version mentioned NuBits again “…and NuBits is a Dollar - like it always is…”.
I like the implicitness of here voice and her facial expression when she says that :slight_smile:

Supposing this channel could go viral it would be very good for NuBits’ publicity to have a place in the intro…
…or at least sponsoring some episodes!

2 Likes

As part of my very limited marketing budget (this is the first item I’ve spent NBT on in months) I’ve secured sponsorship on The Daily Decrypt.

We will have a run on the show scheduled for seven weeks, from November 16th until January 1st. The total cost is only 350 NBT (50 NBT per week). The show has been averaging about 500 views per episode so far, which means that we are conservatively securing 2500 impressions per week for $0.02 per impression. The show has already had over 5000 views on one of their shows, meaning this cost per impression figure will likely be much lower, especially if the show continues to gain in popularity as I expect.

From the show:

What we offer to a sponsor: Daily placement on all five of our episodes for one week. This includes your logo in both the beginning and end, as well as a 10-15 second pitch for your product at the end.

I plan on running NuBits ads on three episodes per week (210 NBT) and B&C Exchange ads on two episodes per week (140 NBT). This will help prevent viewers from tuning out our messaging. The funds for B&C Exchange will be covered by the B&C marketing budget, at no cost to NuShareholders.

I will be working with The Daily Decrypt in the next couple days on firming up messaging and logos, and look forward to seeing our advertisements starting the following week.

As a side note, this is an example of paid advertising that I believe is effective. The show is growing quickly, there will be a wide variety of communities viewing these videos, and it is very clear that our involvement is paid sponsorship.

8 Likes

That’s awesome news!

I’ve submitted messaging and logos to The Daily Decrypt for their shows beginning next week. I’m cautiously optimistic that this could be a cost-effective source of promotion for us over the next two months and beyond. I noticed today that Andreas Antonopoulos just gave the show a shout out and began following them on Twitter.

Looking forward to NuShareholder (and BlockShareholder) feedback on the messaging. We can always update it if we feel it can be improved. I’ll keep the actual content confidential for now to preserve the surprise next week.

EDIT: Received word back. The host will be paraphrasing my notes to keep it sounding organic, so we will see what she delivers.

7 Likes

unfortunately, these days we are lacking NBT liquidity. I imagine extra amount of NBT will be needed after the promotion!

1 Like

http://cdetr.io/smart-markets/#note-GreenPaper reported by @Mark, this is an interesting green paper who takes a lot from Nu and yet doesn’t mention it, as noted by @cryptog

and since

A green paper "is meant to invite interested individuals or organizations to contribute views and information.

we should definitely take the chance to educate … he just mentions Ametrano’s Seniorage shares, which in turn is a stand-alone piece of vapor.

EDIT: just sent him an email

3 Likes

Update : I am in touch with Casey and I’m inviting him on this forum. He explained me he had prepared a comparative analysis of stablecoins that is half ready and didn’t want to publish it yet.

1 Like

I saw this on Twitter. It was a chart analysis of NBT/BTC.

I wonder if the person doing the analysis knows that Nu is pegged to the dollar, and therefore would have a 1/x relationship to Bitcoin?

1 Like

Superlol .

The post NuBits Technical Analysis for 11/18/2015 – Trading Between Pivots appeared first on The Merkle.

http://themerkle.com/news/nubits-technics-for-11182015/

1 Like

The Nubits digital token was in quite a precipitous drop during the last Bitcoin rally to $500, but price seems to have stabilized now, and some definitive pivot areas are visible on the daily chart

This entire article reads like a piece from The Onion. Trend analysis on an asset that has been $1.00 the entire time.

1 Like

I thought the following comments from Ben Bernanke on Bitcoin were noteworthy because they point to the need for NuBits:

The full interview is on Quartz but is quoted in this CoinDesk article.

Many in the Bitcoin and Peercoin communities have been critical of our stable value, but it will receive a much warmer welcome in more mainstream circles.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why. A stable currency is more valuable for many people, and I believe roles remain for other coins. To break out completely from the legacy financial systems, we need something with a free market value, right? The backbone argument seems sort of infamous, but I haven’t been convinced of an alternative way of storing ‘communication’ (be it monetary value, pointers to data, …) in a convenient central but decentralized manner that’s sustainable enough to remain available for a long time into the future.

I disagree with the store of wealth argument, because obviously a stable currency will store it more safely assuming it doesn’t fail, and something with free value cannot be expected to grow indefinitely. Gold apparently plays a role for many, however, which may be something to compare with and emulate, but there’s arguments both ways.

Fear of being invested in the wrong project can of course be a cause of criticism, but makes for no good reason.

Please argue against these points. What I value most is arriving at a conclusion, not being right.

1 Like

I need time to write a sound post, which I don’t have right now.

It will go in this direction: Peercoin can be sustained with very little effort in the sectors energy consumption, hardware specs, development, attention, making decisions.

Some of it is true for e.g. Nu as well. But Nu needs a lot of attention. After all Nu is a corporation and can fail in ways, Peercoin can’t fail, e.g. Peercoin can’t run out of money.

1 Like

Agree that this is the greatest weakness of Nu vs e.g. Peercoin. However Peercoin can fail due to lack of attention and funding as we have seen recently with the fork. Thanks to the attention of many in the Peercoin community it was swiftly addressed. Lack of nodes and lack of minters could also be a thread to Peercoin, but I’m digressing.

I think the Quartz article fragment Jordan referred to clearly shows that Nu addresses at least one of the two flaws in Bitcoin. The other one is that adoption is still lacking behind compared to any other payment system in the world. I believe neither Nu, Peercoin or Bitcoin can address this alone, only collaboration and smooth gateways from the old to the new and between the new can address this. That is where NuBits (stable), Bitcoin (network), BKS (decentralised exchange) and NuDroid (mobile platform) will be a very powerful combination. Bitcoin might be the weakest link when you value decentralisation though, that’s how Peercoin might eventually play a role.

3 Likes

that was my question where will Peercoin play a role?why Peercoin as it seems to be going nowhere fast,why not a more stable crypto or at least one with a working Dev

Every coin has its issues. We need a commodity external to the system for dividends. Peercoin is stable and secure on the long term scale, a great cryptocommodity.

1 Like

Peercoin seems slow, but that makes surviving for it easier. It’s a little bit like a sloth :wink:

If things like the recent exploit happen, that caused a temporary fork, developers are on it very fast.
It was only hours after the fork until several devs were analyzing the issue and sigmike had a fix ready quite soon.

Otherwise Peercoin is going forward slowly, being extraordinarily good at two things:

• being as much decentralized as possible
  • being sustained dirt-cheap

Let’s talk about Peercoin again after the next Bitcoin coinbase reward halving!
I would’t know what to prefer to Peercoin. My requirements are decent trading volume and a huge reliability. Both requirements are met by Peercoin.
Others might have different requirements, though.

1 Like

Are we looking for merchants to adopt the nu network either in shares or nubits??

Nubits. Nubits are actually useful as a currency, as opposed to bitcoin with its crazy volatility.

Merchant adoption would be wonderful. They could accept nbt and cash out to USD using ccedk at their leisure without worrying about the price dropping.