Current Proof of Stake Difficulty

This statement could be understood to mean a couple things. Just to make sure it is clear for people, here’s the explanation that I’ve used in the past:

The “staked” amount that is listed on the overview screen in the client (and in the output of the getinfo RPC command) doesn’t represent how many shares are available to use to solve a block, but instead are shares that have already been used to solve a block. The total number of shares used in the inputs that solved the block show up in the “staked” count for 5020 blocks, at which point the reward is considered “mature” and it is deposited (along with the inputs previously used to solve the block) back in the "balance’ amount.

We have broken the previous record. Reaching now 0.0004323.
It is probably caused by the NSR auction that yielded new minting shares.

Or BTER is staking like a boss with those old NSR, which would also explain the huge difference in CDD and block voting which can be observed in @woolly_sammoth’s grant proposal, since they are casting “NO-votes” with very old coinstakes.

I thought the older the coinstake the sooner it can vote…

Rephrased my post, I meant votes saying NO, not “no votes” :smile:

I don’t think that this is the case, since it would allow voting attacks. Only the weight (i.e. the size of the coin output) should be relevant for that.

1 Like

There were about 3000 blocks minted in the last 48 ho urs. My calculation shows that there were about 580 million shares minting.

1 Like

We are continuing to beat the previous heights. Now on: “difficulty” : 0.00046459 and it is not even weekend!
The auction clearly had a significant impact here.

1 Like

New all time high: 0.000492

I’m not really an expert on the minting difficulty. How does the current difficulty compare with Peercoin? I imagine it’s much higher for Nu due to the required voting, but how much higher is it?

Not sure if difficulties can be compared. But more than 50% NuShares are minting and well less than 50% Peercoins are minting.

1 Like

Difficulty (PoS) 0.000497

1 Like

Difficulty (PoS) 0.000502

0.00050808 Probably will go down soon, now the NSR prices are going up…

2 Likes

I am interested in knowing:

• why is NSR going up?
  • who is buying?
  • your elaboration on:

A bit off-topic here: Sentinelrv is buying :slight_smile:
Chances are that with opensourcing more interest is generated. Also the inclusion on new exchanges would likely be seen as positive by the market.

1 Like

Difficulty (PoS) 0.000511

1 Like

Do other people mint much less blocks in the last day? I have got 3-4 times less blocks. If confirmed this implies that there are many more share minting than all share existing.

I did move my minting raspberry pi to a new new lan because of power problems yesterday. I don’t think it is the cause of the dropping of found blocks. Finding a kernel or not does not depend on connecting the network. Only the confirmation does.I have checked the log file on the pi. there has been no orphan. There were really much less kernels found.

Can anyone think of an explanation ? Maybe the pi has problems? I am turning on my laptop to mint at the same time to check (if both the pi and the laptop find a the same blck, it will be rejected. So don’t do this in normal situation)

btw there were 1330 blocks found in the last 24 hours. Diff is dropping fast.

I don’t have an explanation for it but taking a look at the difficulty chart on the block explorer it appears to me that we see a similar drop right around the 12th through the 15th of each month followed by a surge.

http://blockexplorer.nu/charts/posdiff

Not the case here.