Please explain NuBits to the Augur team

Link to discussion here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/4jd9x3/when_will_augur_support_the_maker_stable_coin_dai/

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I wrote a couple of lines of what I think are the most important points for outsiders.

1 Like

What does this mean? I don’t know anything about Etheruem, but it sounds like we need to do something in order for NuBits to be supported.

[quote=joeykrug][quote=Sebsezen][quote=joeykrug][quote=Sebsezen]
NuBits has been stable since almost two years now. They will also add other currency pairs like NuEUR and NuCNY.
[/quote]
They’re still not on Ethereum yet afaik, would love to use once they are
[/quote]
You mean as in the NuBits blockchain linked with Ethereum or completely implemented using Ethereum smart contracts?
[/quote]
Meant the former as in btcrelay, but either
[/quote]

check out the API section of the readme. As far as I can tell, it’s just a series of ETH commands that allow you to read BTC blockchain data. Why someone would want this, no clue. But that’s what this person wants, a way to read the Nu blockchain using ETH contracts.

I think in this specific case, a “NuRelay” would be useful for the Augur team because it would help facilitate the creation of a smart contract based, dollar pegged Ethereum token that relies on data from the NuBits blockchain. This would probably be more convenient for them than integrating NuBits. I may be wrong though, just my semi-informed intuition.