[Passed] Reward for listing BlockShares on an exchange

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg16106955#msg16106955
We added your cryptocurrency.
With respect, the development team of Crypto-trade.
Crypto-Trade – Official Announcement https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604225.0

1 Like

Just be cautious. They are just launching, no track record. Test with small amounts.

This has passed. Support is trending at 67% in the last 500 blocks, so there is a high degree of consensus on the matter.

I’m confused by the claim about Crypto-Trade exchanging BlockShares. I don’t see any evidence of that on their site.

I feel the motion should have specified a minimum amount of daily volume for an exchange to be eligible. No point in listing BKS on an exchange that does practically no volume on any coin whatsoever.

1 Like

Great idea. Let’s get bks on an exchange so we can dilute them through a wholesale which will inevitably come once Phoenix deems necessary. The NBT nsr exchange is clearly a shame. Wake up.

Not only min liquidity and volume, but also some previous operating background from the exchange candidate…

e.g. no previous serious hacks occurred, no security compromised, no serious withdrawals delays, etc.

More liquidity and volume is a lot better than less, but there is a great deal of usefulness to being listed on an exchange with no existing volume. The listing wouldn’t get new people exposed to BlockShares, but it will allow people who know they are interested from this forum or bitcointalk a way to buy or sell BlockShares. It is a lot more liquidity than what we currently have, which is forum posts. Because more volume is better than less, an optimal reward model probably provides some extra incentive to a listing on an exchange with high volume. It is certainly worth more to us.

The post about Crypto-Trade combined with seeing that it is new and a likely scam brings our attention to the relevance and value of the rewarded exchange having a track record demonstrating a scam is not likely to occur.

Perhaps @Financisto or @Dhume would like to craft a motion amending the reward offer by taking into account the history and volume of the exchange. There are a variety of forms such a motion could take that would earn my support.

Let’s do what we can as a community to see BlockShares listed on an exchange using the rewards promised in this motion. First, let’s clarify the rewards being offered. This motion passed on September 1 at 10:21 AM. For the first week, the reward is $500 for the exchange operator and $100 for anyone who refers the exchange getting the reward. On September 8 at 10:21 AM, the rewards will increase to $1000 for the exchange operator and $200 for referral. Each week, the rewards will increase by $500 and $100 until it is $3000 for the exchange and $600 for referral.

Rewards will be paid in BTC or US-NBT, according to the preference of the receiver.

Does anyone want to contact exchanges about this opportunity to pick up the referral fee?

1 Like

I would like to remind everyone the bonus offered in this motion from more than 2 months ago is still being offered. It is $3000 for an exchange that lists BKS and $600 as a referral bonus to anyone who makes the exchange collecting the bonus aware of the possibility.

There has been a lot of community focus on RSOT lately. I’m going to suggest this is a horrible priority. The best way to move B&C forward is to get it listed on an exchange. After that, the most important thing is development. Let’s save RSOT for once things settle down and B&C is worth more.

Anyone want to work to collect either of these bonuses?

Trading(/pumping?) before development before feasible fund management (and accounting!).
I’m going to suggest this is a horrible priority.

I would have suggested the opposite sorting.

NuLagoon is interested in building an exchange for BKS-BTC. @Phoenix, please confirm if NuLagoon is eligible to get the bonus, and how much we can get? $3000 or $3600? Thank you.

2 Likes

It is a good question whether you are eligible. Of course you are, but I don’t see how a Tube-like implementation will meet the need of price discovery. BKS isn’t pegged like NuBits are. It seems like an order book is a necessity for price discovery. Are you considering implementing an order book? If so, then yes, you are eligible for the $3600 reward.

1 Like

NuLagoon has just unveiled a BlockShare exchange that appears to meet the requirements for this reward. We will verify the exchange works in the coming days.

As a result, no one else (besides NuLagoon) is eligible for the reward at this point.

NuLagoon can receive the bonus at address:

BLGdraBCznbtQjM6V7jWUyrcn9Uzihy4Y3

Thank you.

While I wish I had possessed the foresight to create more specific requirements for receipt of the bonus, I think requiring an API that reports volume and trade data for use by coinmarketcap.com and others like it is a standard and basic feature. All other exchanges have done this for BlockShares and NuShares, including NuLagoon Tube.

Without this API, there is no automated way to receive info about exchange activity. @henry, how do you feel about viewing this as a requirement for the reward? Can you implement it?

BlockShares are still listed on coinmarketcap.com here.

I don’t feel comfortable to be charged extra requirements after the contract was settled. I think you also strongly believe that what is said cannot be unsaid, right.

Nevertheless, the API actually was implemented. The following is the mail we sent to Gliss.

Hi Gliss

Our exchange (https://nulagoon.com)
just listed a new trading pair: BKS/mBTC. The exchange is a very
innovative one with unique design. Can you add The info into
Coinmarketcap. Thank you very much.

We provice api at https://api.nulagoon.com/v1/pubdata?ccys=BKS_mBTC

The code will be like this:

lastprice = data[‘OCLH’][-1][1]
dailyhigh = data[‘OCLH’][-1][3]
dailylow = data[‘OCLH’][-1][2]
dailyVolume = data[‘OCLH’][-1][4]

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks @henry for the API. Can you inform coinmarketcap.com of your exchange and API or shall I do so? 3600 B&C Exchange shareholder US-NBT will be sent to BLGdraBCznbtQjM6V7jWUyrcn9Uzihy4Y3 very soon. You have met the requirements to collect the reward.

Yes. Please. Thank you very much.

is there a reward to me or anyone that can get Big exchanges like bter to add BKS to their coin list also do they get the 3000.3600 reward?

thanks

Just noticed that bcblockexplorer can no longer be reached through secure HTTP (HTTPS). The link on coinmarketcap.com points to the secure website which can’t be reached. I think this should be resolved before a proper listing at coinmarketcap.com will eventuate. The same link is used to the blockexplorer on the website. Broken blockexplorers on main websites doesn’t help to provide confidence in the project. Hope someone can have a look at this and fix the HTTPS.

3 Likes