[Passed]Motion to elect Sigmike as B&C's technical leader

Awesome!

So are we good to advertise this?

@sigmike, is it possible you could create a new thread with a changelog and I’ll sticky it so everyone on the forum will see it?

2 Likes

testing 5.0.1 right now.
My date feeds dialog box says:unable to set key from data feed signature

I’m not sure making my rate public would be beneficial for the shareholders, the other developers or myself. It may have an impact on the negotiation of future contracts (and maybe the current ones) and I have no idea who would benefit from that.

And the final cost depends a lot on the efficiency.

Giving a common rate is also very difficult. I guess you could look up freelancer rates of highly specialized developers but you’d probably not find an answer.

2 Likes

Agree, I think the community should discuss the development issue in the next months.

I start to realize that we have an incredibly attractive business model at hand for both Nu and B&C Exchange. Well, not from shareholders’ perspective, but from anyone who is lucky enough to call him- or herself a developer: we not only create stable currency out of thin air, but also do we print blank cheques 24/7 for anyone who very convincingly explains with one paragraph that transparency would only hurt everyone and provide no value for anyone. Jesus, I love this concept.

https://bcblockexplorer.com/motions_passed

Motion passed, thanks for voting and congratulation @sigmike!

BTW, protocol voting looks good!

12:44:45

getprotocolvotes

12:44:48

{
“2.0” : {
“blocks” : 524,
“block_percentage” : 26.2,
“switch_to_date_time” : “”
},
“4.0” : {
“blocks” : 454,
“block_percentage” : 22.7,
},
“5.0” : {
“blocks” : 1022,
“block_percentage” : 51.1,
}
}

5 Likes

That was really fast. I know @sigmike said he didn’t think the bug he fixed was effecting the v4.0 upgrade, but this is much quicker than I thought it would be. I haven’t even advertised it yet.

Slow down a bit, we are not throwing around rates of people who have decent jobs around this forum. That is not in anyone’s favour. I suppose that you don’t let us know what your yearly incomes or hourly rate is either. Not that I want to know, but just as an example.

Congratulations @sigmike !

So what do you think is the right way to deal with compensation? Your comparison lacks substance, and you know that. We are different from other companies and I am a shareholder. Who belongs to this “special group” that is allowed to know what those with the highest compensation get? Is it you? Who is going to decide what a reasonable rate is? Jordan? Worked great in the past, we do not have the tiniest clue how much money he really spent, he only sometimes gave rough figures that were far off and he couldn’t even say whether that might be about right. So @cybnate, who from Nu is going to deal with compensation? Angela? Those with the most shares? If we create a group that is allowed to negotiate behind the scenes, the whole mess will start over again.

And once more, your comparison belongs to the biggest bullshit category on this forum. No one here is entitled to know what I earn per year because there is no reason for it and no association with Nu. And also, I am not asking Nu for any money? You ask me to slow down a bit, are you dumb? But then again, to help you a little bit with your comparison, do you think that shareholders from any company out there would accept “[quote=“Cybnate, post:56, topic:4209”]
I suppose that you don’t let us know what your yearly incomes or hourly rate is either
[/quote]” this as an excuse to keep the compensation from the CTO under wraps?

Don’t you think that the level of anonymity we as shareholders allow for very important positions within our organization should have limits? We have no clue who Jordan is, where he is located, what he earned, how much he possesses and he fucked us over. And you still try to defend with everything you have (mostly dumb reasoning) this level of anonymity that gives us no room for action if something goes wrong. What I am asking is not a specific hourly rate, but a clear development plan from the “technical leader” with cost estimation that gives us the possibility to at least get an impression of what we are facing here in the near future. You are not interested, fine. I am interested and I start wondering why most of this lemmings on this forum are of your opinion. BKS is being traded for about 2 dollars now and when someone asks for transparency, well, no more energy left… I am fine with whatever you guys here decide on. And I start hoping that this whole thing will collapse because of countless invoices with wonderful hourly rates all anonymous to give no one in the world the chance to challenge some numbers that the Nu and BCEx developers want to charge.
Let this shit end up in smoke.

Please create a motion to ask for disclosing the figures.

1 Like

You guys can’t be serious. I should start a motion to get an answer to the question how much cost the company that I partially own is going to incur? @cryptog, this is it. I’m done. No more posts from me, thanks for the ride. Even though it is not how I usually work, I will definitely talk a lot against Nu in the future. I will cite you guys as an example for such a level of anonymity to certainly fail at an organizational level. And I will use your example as the biggest joke of my story. “And then there was this guy who said that I should start a poll to find out whether the majority of shareholders wants to know how much they have to pay to the CTO, the most important position of the company, isn’t that funny?”

Total cost? Can’t be estimated.
Hourly rate? Shouldn’t be disclosed.
Time to complete the project? No clue.
Who actually is the developer? Doesn’t matter. (some might be known, many not)
Is the offer for the dev efforts actually competitive? I don’t care.
Did you fail? No.
Did you succeed? No.
Do you have an accountant? Yes.
Who is that accountant? Angela.
Who is Angela? I don’t know.
Do you care? No.
Do you know Jordan’s real ID? Yes.
Yes? Yes.
Who is Jordan? Phoenix.
And who is Phoenix? Jordan.

You know what, this is fucking kindergarten. The moment that Phoenix popped up, everybody should have said that this childish shit crossed a red line. The organization just lost a million dollar amount in evaluation and someone here with highest responsibility starts making a kindergarten game of it and names himself Phoenix as if we all were three years of age.

You guys are not asking any questions. I bet the 40K BKS all went into Jordan’s own pocket for this extraordinary great price of 2 dollars. The only good thing about that is that Jordan would have been forced to really keep an eye on dev costs because he might have to pay some of it out of his own pocket (well, unless he sells 20k BKS OTC and on CCEDK for an average of 4-5 dollars, then he was good to go anyway and left with an additional 20k BKS). But then again, all you guys don’t give a fuck and that is what Jordan learned over time and planned to exploit it to its full extent. Jesus, I remember this special seed investor explanation for that cheap BKS price. Seed investors take higher risks and what not. Yeah, he is indeed right. But all this plays differently than in real life. No one knows who possesses what and it’s a playground for inside jobs. And Jordan was/is the biggest insider here and you never challenged this position.

Alright, enough typing. As of now, your topics will be clean and on-topic since I will be gone. Was nice to meet you!

Edit: I do hold quite some shares but I won’t vote for anything. I’ll only upgrade the client and mint on the correct version. I hope I am wrong with my expectations and you make the wonder happen. I’ll keep my shares of course, no sense in selling them now for 2 dollar a piece.

1 Like

If you are a responsible BKS holder, please follow me, I"ll darft a motion to transfer all BCE dev fund into reputed signers multi signatured. Of course we must elect some reputed signers before that.

Please vote my next motion.

We can negociate with @sigmike about the price of a certain amount of work. Paying at basis of Man hour salary is not good, we should pay for some features.

2 Likes

I agree that we should have transparency in accounting but complaining about it will not get what you want.
Being anonymous as you are has even less impact.
Motions will put pressure. So you are more likely to get what you want via motions although it is not enforceable by blockchain mechanism.

1 Like

@Dhume put his fund under flot multisig as collateral and there is problem getting fund back due to (an avoidable) technical problem.

All righty – now, please honor and comply with this statement of yours. Respect the integrity of language (if you have some) and execute absolutely that code.
Arrivederci!

No need to fight amongst ourselves, you both are right, asking for accountability is right, making it via block chain is fine, as long as share distribution is sound and not the same as nsr.

MaVo has the right to be angry, his investment is on the line and he deserves the answers, he’s emotional but that’s to be expected isn’t it?

1 Like

Yes, investors have right to be angry, and they should act, don’t just complain.