[Passed] Liquidbits.net trustless liquidity provision on USD, EUR and BTC pairs

sigh
It’s good to know that this level of sophistication has been put into the system!
I’m going to edit my post to make it sound less alarming.
…deleting it would remove the context of your two posts and I think that this is an information not everybody is aware of - I for one wasn’t…

2 Likes

Service restored, orders are accepted again

Not knowing the situation and the root cause. I had to be on the safe side.

Server is back again and confirmed stable.

There was an outage at two datacentres of the provider I’m with. The server recovered automatically but I had to run some tests and manually restart some services as it was automatically restarted. Will have to reflect on this on how best to provide this service going forward.

Again my apologies for the inconvencience, after all these datacentres outages are rare.

Edit: will manually transfer some interest later today. Still need to find out why the pay-out didn’t happen automatically before the outage

4 Likes

I can confirm that my client could place orders quarter an hour ago (I didn’t stop the client and it recovered automatically):

2015/05/13-19:04:03 INFO: successfully placed ask usd order of 304.9420 nbt at 1.00200000 on ccedk

Time zone is UTC.

2 Likes

Just transferred the manual payouts. Please PM me with your user ID payout address if you were expecting a payout but didn’t receive it. These were the pay outs for 12-May and 13-May. Next automatic payout is scheduled in 10 hours.

It gets indeed replaced by the client. Let us see if after a while the client will start indicating 0.00% as rate.

Is the server nbt.liquidbits.net down?

1 Like

Yes, it was. The server.py service gave up. I just had to restart it. Will need to investigate what happened here. Not in the lucky corner at the moment with this server. Will try to get some auto notifications up when the server fails, in the mean time please continue to report as I’m not babysitting all day :slight_smile: It is a testrun and clearly needs some further tweaking.

I mean the web server seemed to be down. I am getting

could not retrieve ccedk ids, server is unreachable

cloudflare is up tho.

It might have resolved itself by now, but there are currently no issues at my side and the ccedk client is working fine. Will check a few logs over the weekend including any missed pay-out (if any).

My logs look like that for some hours (time zone UTC):

2015/05/15-08:30:49 INFO: ccedk - balance: 0.00000000 rate: 0.00% ppm: 0.00000000 efficiency: 0.00% rejects: 0 missings: 0 - API-KEY

The last successful message (before the outage began) in the log was:

2015/05/13-10:30:19 INFO: ccedk - balance: 0.98840902 rate: 0.33% ppm: 0.00069883 efficiency: 77.78% rejects: 8 missings: 0 - usd - ask: 304.9420 x 0.33% - API-KEY
2015/05/13-10:30:19 WARNING: too many rejected requests for usd on ccedk, adjusting nonce shift to -6
2015/05/13-10:31:17 DEBUG: /liquidity: server response invalid
2015/05/13-10:31:17 ERROR: submit: server response invalid

Strange I still see the same message as before. Can other people confirm that if you click http://nbt.liquidbits.net/ you get error 520 from CloudFlare?

I can confirm that, but you shouldn’t use that to check the server. There is no webserver running on it.
Instead you should use this: http://nbt.liquidbits.net/status

I have two clients continuously running on both ccedk and bitcoin.co.id and they are working fine. Only thing I can think off that you are hitting the earlier reported bug with the ccedk api/client which @woolly_sammoth has been investigating. Manually removing the orders and restarting the client is the current workaround.

Just transferred another manual payout as I still haven’t been able to solve the problem with the auto-payouts. The problem seems to be with this wallet/grant as auto payout during the test phase did work on my other custodial addresses.

Again, please let me know here or by PM if you think you haven’t received what you should have and I can verify.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I’m trying to work this puzzle out. Worst case I will ask for another 1 NBT custodial grant address and transfer the funds, but I’m not there yet.

I am still 0.00% rate although on ccedk the order is active. Furthermore, I have not received any payout so far…

That is not good. It looks like the server is not registering your order(s). Assuming you are on the NBT/USD pair I can see some odd things on the CCEDK orderbooks.
Can you try to delete your order manually and restart the client?

Edit: my client still doesn’t have a problem on the NBT/EUR orderbook. I believe @woolly_sammoth is still working on the bug that the client sometimes ‘looses’ its order. Just gave him a nudge on that with this mention.

I’m in the same boat. Have started to cancel dozens over dozens of old orders manually…
The old orders were neither credited nor automatically canceled when stopping the bot. Some of them are from 2015-05-11 and what’s really annoying is the amount of NBT: 1.002
That has lead to a lot of orders…

edit: 7 pages of orders manually deleted… I’m back in the game :slight_smile:

I’m looking into this now.
I’ve just started and stopped the client three times and each time the order was placed and cancelled correctly.

I’ve also been creditted correctly
2015/05/16-22:25:31 INFO: successfully placed ask usd order of 24.5290 nbt at 1.00200000 on ccedk 2015/05/16-22:26:26 INFO: ccedk - balance: 0.00003747 rate: 0.33% ppm: 0.00005621 efficiency: 100.00% rejects: 0 missings: 0 - usd - ask: 24.5290 x 0.33% - 2CQ4QB8AHNKT96QE0G6Y51YI7WOG0H6L2955KWR86TPU4R0KCVJY4LYWHGWLPE74

I’ll leave it running a while and see if it starts acting up.

In the meantime, could anyone who is having trouble with the bot on CCEDK provide a bit of information such as their Operating System and how they start and stop the bot? We’ll get to the bottom of this. Thanks

If you use ctrl+c to stop the bot, it should delete all orders. Is this not the case?

This was my thought. If the bot process gets killed (task manager or the kill command in unix), the bot doesn’t have a chance to clear the orders.

There is also a certificate issue (SSL) on CCEDK which creates many errors with the LiquidBits client. Existing bots are continuing to run. However I’m not able to start new bots because of this.

I have raised a ticket with CCEDK. Hope they can fix this soon.

Edit: just got an update from Ronny of CCEDK that they are working on this, but it won’t be until Monday (Amsterdam time) before this is fixed.