NuShare Auction

Of course. You have to be identified as a business partner.

Not a bad idea, but if I change the rules after the auction starts, it could lead to charges of unfairness. Therefore, any changes should be handled via shareholder motion. That way I’m not open to criticism for changes.

What are the criteria for being a business partner and how are these criteria evaluated?

Previous sale of the initial distribution had set rates that increased as time went on. There’s still many NSR that needs to be distributed. If we continued with the existing approach @JordanLee would continue selling blocks of NSR above current market rate. I’m honestly surprised to see such negativity towards the idea of an auction for a portion of the remaining distribution. Jordan had presented the idea to the team prior to making a forum post and we thought it was a fair way to go about continuing distribution. With the intent that people (from the community especially) could have an opportunity to purchase some of the remaining NSR at a price they’re comfortable with.

If there’s any concerns with the terms then let’s discuss a modified approach and pass a motion to proceed. Calling it shady is really off base. I don’t see anything involved in the post that’s too different from the existing process other than an auction approach (and the terms to facilitate that) rather than a fixed rate.

4 Likes

From Jordan’s original Undistributed NSR thread:

I’m somewhat surprised that this auction seems to be troubling a few people. The only major difference I see between it and the original “undistributed NSR” thread is that a large bulk is being sold at the highest bidded price, rather than an artificial value like before. This approach will ultimately reduce the administrative time Jordan Lee spends on handling share purchase, freeing him up to focus on actual development work.

And for the record, if someone wants to advance a motion specifying that there should be a price floor in place for the auction, I would support it.

Great minds think alike :stuck_out_tongue:

@creon you qualify for NuShare purchase based on the valuable NuShare related research you have published and the problems you have helped us work through.

Yes, my apologies for that @JordanLee. I am still not completely sure how this filter on the bidders will be applied, but I am no opponent to the idea and agree that it is a very fair way to distribute the remaining shares if executed correctly (which I totally assume will be the case).

This is very nice, thank you. But I will probably use my crypto capital to support custodian pools instead. Are you making these decisions in your team? I strongly believe your judgement, but it would be good to know that several opinions will be considered when business partners are selected.

1 Like

Bidders would probably be interested in the “balance sheet” of Nu. Is it possible to get recent data on the following?

• Total NBT parked
  • Total NBT held by KTm, Jmiller, and Jordan (tiers 1 to 4)
  • Total “outstanding” NBT (not held by KTm, Jmiller, or Jordan)

Are these metrics publicly available? Thanks!

I’m also not against this idea but I’m a bit worried about that we might not get enough participants for the auction to play out well. The 70% market price idea seems like a good defence mechanism.

1 Like

Thought experiment: If Jordan put 100M NSR for sale on an exchange at 70% the current market price, how much of it would sell at that price?

Total parked NBT can be found by anyone at any time using the getinfo RPC with NuBits selected on the Unit menu:

“totalparked” : 35963.8374,

There are plans and preparations being made to make the answers to your other questions publicly available in real time. I know a reporting tool is being developed for this purpose. The motion to end holding of shareholder funds by KTm and Jamie will also bring clarity. For now, I can tell you I have 538,000 NBT. If @KTm and @jmiller report their totals the outstanding NBT can be derived as the total blockchain NBT minus each reported total, minus the 4 million strategic reserve, minus parked funds

1 Like

About the 1B NuShares that will outstand eventually.
In the future, shareholders will be able to vote and create new shares.
What’s a plausible plan for the total NSR outstanding in 2016? 2017?

That is completely up to shareholders, as they will approve all NSR grants. What they decide will be heavily influenced by changes in the level of demand for NuBits. When NuBit demand is in decline as it has been in recent weeks, they will be inclined to create additional NSR to support the peg and development. Conversely, when NuBit demand is rising, I hope to see sell side LPCs granted NuBits who pledge to use proceeds to buy NSR and burn it. So NSR supply can decline in the future.

The fate of nearly 200 million undistributed NSR is currently unclear. There is a motion currently on track to pass that mandates the burning of undistributed NSR 60 days after the protocol change allowing NSR grants. Therefore, all we know is that a little more than 700 million NSR are outstanding and an additional 100 million will be auctioned. The other nearly 200 million may be burned or distributed depending on the needs of the network and the passage of the motion.

1 Like

@Chronos:

Here is my response to your query regarding my currently held NBT funds.

"fundsReserve":[
    {
        "address":"BFYzuakJCgyU7vsQY485ipC4aFtKVamF2m",
        "amount":54999.9,
        "currency":"nbt",
        "notes":"Adjustment of active liquidity on the NBT/BTC pair to protect grant funds devaluation losses",
        "source":"Liquidity adjustment from CCEDK NBT/BTC market"
    },
    {
        "address":"BSyDq6yQ3vt2URGcBhJRmAdsNuQ5pXkAsx",
        "amount":225260.7696,
        "notes":"Now that coin control has been included, I moved the grant's reserve funds to unique addresses. It will be easier to keep track of incoming and outgoing transactions. This also allows me to split the reserve into multiple blocks for enhanced security.",
        "source":"Grant Reserve Address #1"
    },
    {
        "address":"BB4BUgf8PqfcG6tryUATV3QiLdwyejaQcZ",
        "amount":237630.3948,
        "notes":"",
        "source":"Grant Reserve Address #3"
    },
    {
        "address":"BCCB8roJPNCNGzkzC5hasVGVAYtKB9i9C4",
        "amount":237630.3948,
        "source":"Grant Reserve Address #4"
    },
    {
        "address":"BBoyA8PdVNHCzWRXJcudqYf3SQATgHDcMi",
        "amount":237630.3648,
        "source":"Grant Reserve Address #5"
    },
    {
        "address":"B5MYXodipcHZB74UsQzi7oVS4bqtndWUCn",
        "amount": 29886.83,
        "source":"Temporary withdrawal from CCEDK BTC liquidity account for balancing and account adjustment"
    }
]

Total held off exchange: 1,023,038.654 NBT

"exchangeHeld":[
    {
        "amount": 30700,
        "notes":"ccedk - nbt/ppc trading account; not active while account adjustments are being made"
    },
    {
        "amount": 33900,
        "notes":"ccedk - nbt/usd trading account; not active while account adjustments are being made"
    },
    {
        "amount": 22600,
        "notes":"ccedk - nbt/eur trading account; not active while account adjustments are being made"
    }
]

Total on exchange: 87,200 NBT

Funds not considered in the holdings listed above:

• ~72,000 NBT from Excoin (status: treating as a permanent loss until the situation is clarified and the funds are recovered).
  • ~350,000 NBT sent to @jmiller as part of the approved liquidity transfer motion.
  • 70,000 NBT distributed in the form of PPC as dividends previously.

//KTm

2 Likes

Which market?
I believe the reference market is ccedk, which very recently put into sell/buy orders 5mNSR into trade
https://www.ccedk.com/nsr-btc

This NuShare auction is intended as a special case of a NuShare grant custodial:

• Custodian: JL
  • Amount: very large amount
  • Buyers: NuShareholders
  • Price: no particular relationship with the market

Should we assume that in the foreseeable furure, NSR grants would be of that scale i.e. 100MNSR?

That also is completely up to shareholders, and dependent on the needs of the network at the time.

1 Like

Bter:
BTC believed to be lost: 235
NBT believed to be recoverable: 93,300
NSR believed to be recoverable: ~600,000 (these were purchased as a hedge against BTC)

Currently Operational

Allcoin:
BTC: 5.94
NBT: 6644

Bitspark:
BTC: 10.87
NBT: 2175

Poloniex:
BTC: 54.94
NBT: 34268

Off Exchange Reserves:
BTC: 82
NBT: 140509

These numbers were taken in the last 20 minutes.

Jamie

1 Like