NuDroid v3 - with Shapeshift integration now available on Google Play

BTW There is an issue with the Blockexplorer stopping the NuDroid client from synchronising at my end. I’ve just notified Matthew to see what is wrong with it as I already did a reboot which didn’t appear to help.

Back in business now. Still investigating what happened.

This went live today: http://ph.newsbtc.com/2015/07/20/nudroid-magtago-ng-bitcoin-matulog-nang-mahimbing/

Aimed at the Phillipines, funded myself as a trial. Has also Facebook support from the same site. Like to hear what you think of it. Google translate is your friend :smile:

7 Likes

@tomjoad, when you have the chance, can you have a look at some time whether we had some traffic from the Philippines in the last few days? Just curious whether this was worth it.

2 Likes

The response on r/cryptocurrency for the give-away really surprised me. In case you missed: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/3dtfc3/bitcoin_is_convenient_nubits_is_stable_nudroid/

Need to rethink the strategy on this one. Open to ideas for another type of give-away. My intention was to increase the downloads and reviews for the App.

Thanks for those who supported that post anyway. At least the message was visible.

Edit: we just got one entry!

1 Like

Try the give-away on 8btc forum

Cost :30 NBT

another one

Cost: 12 NBT

it goes 480 replies

5 Likes

Thanks @wengone for pointing that out. The language barrier is a bit of an issue for me though to the extent that I would need someone else to run the giveaway on those forums. I would be good to transfer the remainder of de Reddit giveaway if someone trusted in the Chinese NBT community is prepared to run it in a similar way as I did on r/cryptocurrrency. The objective is to get reviews on Google Play and App downloads.

2 Likes

In the past 7 days we’ve had 9 sessions from the Philippines, with 7 of those being new users. Of those new users 5 were on desktop computers and 2 were on mobile.

1 Like

[quote=“Cybnate, post:89, topic:2255, full:true”]
The response on r/cryptocurrency for the give-away really surprised me. In case you missed: [/quote]

I understand the intention with the reviews, but it’s possible people there didn’t participate because you were asking too much of them. They would need an account first. If they didn’t have one then they’d need to sign up. You were asking for reviews, but it may take people some time to download the app and get used to it before they can provide some feedback, so time and experience with the app might be an issue. A Reddit thread that vanishes from the front page in just a day may not be best. A forum thread which can be bumped would allow people more time to use the app and form an opinion. Also, maybe the reward just wasn’t worth it for all this. Usually with these giveaways you only have to make a post and that’s it. Just some quick thoughts as to the problem.

I agree. People usually don’t mind spending time doing manual tasks if it might lead to a prize or compensation, as long as they’re aware of the offer over an extended period of time. We can often see examples of retailers requiring customers to complete essays, mail UPC codes, or register online for a chance to win small prizes. @Cybnate has structured the NuDroid giveaway with a guaranteed payout, so I think all that’s missing for greater participation is a place (like bitcointalk) for the offer to be seen over a period of days or weeks.

We could probably post it in the Project Development board along with the B&C thread…

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=12.0

You need to be careful though as to how you word the thread. The Nu Lagoon thread was posted there as well, but it was moved by a moderator since it didn’t have anything to do with Bitcoin. You would need to make it clear in the title and the thread that NuDroid is a service for Bitcoiners that works in conjuction with NuBits to help eliminate volatility. If you make it more about NuBits then there is a greater chance that it will be moved to a lesser board. If you make it more about providing a service for Bitcoiners then there is a greater chance that it won’t be moved.

You’ll need to make it an ANN thread which announces NuDroid and describes the app, rather than a thread announcing the giveaway. That will definitely be removed if it’s just about the giveaway. You can make the second post in the thread about the giveaway.

1 Like

There is a NuDroid thread started on BCT already: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1117925.0 , but it’s under Marketplace -> Services.

@Cybnate Did you originally try listing it in the project development thread? There might be more visibility there.

It probably would be more at home there, since it is a development project or app which helps Bitcoin, rather than somebody just offering their personal services such as coding or graphic design.

If you are talking about a google account it’s different than you think. Being able to install an app on android from the google play store requires an account to log on.
So everybody who is able to download and install NuDroid is able to post a review as well.

That could be arranged if the community is OK with giveaway on 8btc.

2 Likes

Anything that increases Nu’s exposure in the Chinese community would be supported by most shareholders I think.

3 Likes

I listed it under services as it was unlikely to survive in project development. At least I have now over 300 views and rising on the current thread. Once the video are there I will add that. It is an excellent thread to add to with having exposure and not getting mods to delegate it into the even worse altcoin section.

Thanks @miner. As part of my grant for the NuDroid I have some marketing budget and I’m sure most Shareholders agree to spend $100 of that on a give-away on a popular Chinese forum (instead of Reddit which was not a success). No reason to vote for that imo. The objective is to get NuDroid downloads and reviews. Happy to transfer 100 NBT to an account where Chinese community can fund give-away from which supports the objective. Just let me know the address and let me know what kind of give-away you/Chinese community would run.

4 Likes

I fully agree. No need to vote for spending marketing funds for marketing :wink:
Reaching out to the chinese user base is in the best interest of shareholders.
I’d rather expect a motion to stop this from happening than a motion that allows it.
Go for it!

1 Like

By the way, the banner says "bitcoin is convenient, nubits is stable"
Shouldn’t it be “nubit” and not “nubits”?
This applies to any marketing effort btw.

If we can say “I pay you 1 nubit” and “I pay you 12 nubits”, it would be natural to me to say “nubit is stable” and “nubits are stable”.

Anyone?

I think it is an important matter.

1 Like

NuBit is stable doesn’t sound natural to me. I would never say dollar is stable. I would say 1 dollar is stable or dollars are stable. If I have to use the word NuBit then I would use a quantity of one before it. 1 NuBit is stable. Anyway though, I think the banner should have probably read “NuBits are stable.”

Can this be fixed or is it too late? I didn’t really recognize it until now.