NuDroid v3 - with Shapeshift integration now available on Google Play

I’ve tested shapeshift integration now. Used NBT to buy something with BTC, worked all well and very fast confirmation. Great job!

Maybe one minor suggestion, after sending is complete just automatically return to homescreen instead of waiting to press “back”. It confused me a bit in the beginning and I wasn’t sure if transaction process had finished yet.

4 Likes

Great Job!

1 Like

Great Job!

It might be useful: http://fbinfer.com/

What is Infer?

Facebook Infer is a static analysis tool - if you give Infer some Objective-C, Java, or C code, it produces a list of potential bugs.

Anyone can use Infer to intercept critical bugs before they have shipped to people’s phones, and help prevent crashes or poor performance.

Who Uses Infer?

It is used as part of the Facebook development process, where it runs on code changes for mobile apps - these include the main Facebook apps for Android and iOS, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and other apps which are used by over a billion people.

1 Like

Bump. Less than a day before the testing period officially ends (Sunday 23:59 UTC).

It is great that there are no minor or major bugs or flaws posted till today, hope it stays like this, but please give NuDroid a good testrun before we post it on Google Play coming week.

Have shared your suggestions with the developer and will let you know how we will deal with them soon.

3 Likes

The testing period has officially ended. This means that after the upload of the App to Google Play the developer will be eligible to get paid for this work which I’m more than happy to do given the quality of the work.

The developer also send me some responses to questions we had in the last week or so:

Return to home
For the suggestion of returning to the home page, the way it currently
works is to run through the stages of submitting a transaction, and once
it is broadcast it displays the information of the broadcast
transaction. After a successful broadcast it displays “Sent!”. It could
be changed if desired, though I would have thought myself that the
current functionality makes sense. This way you can also take a
screen-shot of the transaction details if desired, before returning to
the home page.

Addressbook receive addresses
The addressbook can show receive addresses if the code is brought in
line with the current bitcoin code. This is something that would take
some extra work as I mentioned in my previous email. I would suggest
another future release* to do just that. Also if the app is updated in
line with the latest bitcoin code, it would also allow one to copy an
address by touching the homepage QR code.

Notification on synchronisation
When you start the app for the first time it does not give information
in regards to synchronisation, but it should be possible to change this
behaviour in a future release* as well.
*future releases are not part of the current contract and will require a new custodial grant.

Bluetooth, NFC etc. limited with Shapeshift
When requesting a non-NuBits payment with bluetooth enabled, the NuDroid
app will not allow one to send via bluetooth, but you can initiate a
regular ShapeShift transfer. If using BIP0070, the NuDroid app will to
recognise the input, as it does not follow BIP0021 URIs. In this case
BIP0070 should not be used when requesting s ShapeShift payment from
those using NuDroid. NFC using other apps will not work. To clarify what
will work:

1. Manually inputting address
  2. QR code of address
  3. QR code of BIP0021 URIs
  4. BIP0021 URI links

Google Play release
The updated App includes number 4 on the list and fixed a bug. Matthew will upload this in the next days or so to Google Play.

Marketing
Still waiting for some marketing artefacts to come back. But the banner looks great, will just keep it secret for now. :smile:
Also talking to CMC and Shapeshift about the advertising in the next month.
Has been a bit quiet in the email over the weekend, hope the end of the Monday (today) in Europe/USA brings more news. Stay tuned.

5 Likes

NuDroid have just been uploaded to the Google Play app store. Make sure you backup first if you haven’t done that already. I’ve also asked Matthew to start working on v4 (release 3 of the grant) of NuDroid.

In a nutshell, release 3 of the grant will make the app more decentralised and robust as you wouldn’t need to rely on a single server. You can make it 100% trustless by running your own server. You would be able to define a servername in the App. The build of a second server is currently not part of the proposal.
For all the details check out the main thread here.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Hey this is really cool. Thanks for all your work @Cybnate

1 Like

Awesome!

EDIT: I can’t find it by typing “nudroid” . Is it all available worldwide?

I don’t think it’s called NuDroid on the store. It’s the first result if you type NuBits though

Yes. I bumped into the same issue. It is called NuBits wallet.

My apologies, I noticed the same yesterday when it became available and asked Matthew to update it, but it took a bit longer to get the update onto Google Play than I expected. It is there now with the new name.

2 Likes

upgraded, all good, including the latest bugs I experienced with the old version looks fixed now :wink:

1 Like

Any update on this? It is really exciting to have NuDroid at hands these days !

The banner ad is complete and awaiting deployment on CMC. There is a draft mobile page for nubits.com that @Cybnate has created that I will try and upload at some point today too.

The banner ad looks stunning (will keep it a secret for now), the designer did great work supported by Tom. I’m still negotiating a bit with Cointelegraph media group (CMC). I’m currently aiming to get something up in the next 10-14 days. This leaves a bit of time to improve our advertisement landing page. We have the main page, which Tom will get up soon as his message above. I’m also looking to add FAQs and the ‘technical specifications’ and some links to the repo etc. for upload on our landing page.

I’m also in contact with Shapeshift for some teaming up with marketing.

Finally I need a bit of input from the community for the Reddit giveaway (100NBT) also planned around the same time. This should come together with a thread in e.g.Bitcointalk and some subreddits where appropriate.

I’m trying to find a way to give away 1 NBT for every download. The question is how can they best prove that it is a unique download. Just posting an address wouldn’t do it. A screenshot upload is not possible on reddit, but could be linked to (too complicated?) A unique ID existing for more than 1 month would be a start. Any other ideas?

2 Likes

I’ve tried the shapeshift integration and I was getting an error pop up “400 bad request” after scanning a QR code from coinbase.

Forgot to take a screeshot. It worked anyway. Great work!!

Thanks for your feedback.

It is hard to tell what happened though, but there might have some unusual/illegal information in the QR code which NuDroid didn’t accept as valid. Is there a chance you can repeat what you did maybe?

I’ve created a coinbase qr code again and scanned it. There was a pop up that said something like “gathering information from coinbase.”

My error message is German, so I have to translate it for you:

"Request for signature failed"
HTTP-Error 400
Bad request
Close - Repeat

Btw now I’m getting an error message “That pair is temporarily unavailable for trades” above the PIN field.

I advertised this on Peercoin’s Twitter and Facebook.

Also, will these errors Willy mentioned be looked into before advertising goes live? Maybe you can link this thread into the Google store page description and tell people to report any errors here.

I’ve asked Matthew to comment.