[Nubot Gateway] Poloniex @zoro (sell offset:0.25% , buy offset:5% ) - stand by

Do it.
Although I’m against it.

But there’s no way to prove that I’m right, when I say this will empty the buy side faster than T5 and T6 can compensate and T4 will not be able to support it for long.

You have my vote as FLOT member to reduce the spread to 1%, because that’s Jordan’s vision for the future.

On top I predicte a fall of NSR rate, if not being supported for some time by people trying to cloak what’s happening, manipulating the market.

There’s only one thing that can save the reserve from running dry: the stop of the BTC bull run in combination with some confidence that’s left for the peg.

Sorry, i don’t believe you :stuck_out_tongue:
I would like for other FLOT members to “vote” for this!

Then we have to go for vacations for 1-2 months until after BTC halvation :wink:

Of course you should ask more than me!
@cryptog, @Dhume, @dysconnect, @jooize, @mhps, @ttutdxh, @woodstockmerkle, what’s your opinion on that matter?

1 Like

Vote 2 of 5-of-8 for 1% spread.

That means 0.5% offset on both sides, right?

No.

even this 1% offset seems very extreme right now!

There’s not much room for interpretation. Only it says nothing about the symmetry…

I dearly hope if it fails, Jordan won’t hide behind:

@Jordan, you’d like to have <1% spread here and now (as soon as a FLOT consensus was reached), right?

Does this not mean that? :neutral_face:

The difference in percent (%) between the bid and ask on an orderbook.

https://docs.nubits.com/glossary/#spread

https://discuss.nubits.com/uploads/default/_optimized/be4/c55/e8c348fb65_690x341.png

Correct if you are referring to spread. But we are talking about offsets now :wink:
buy offset + sell offset = spread.

Didn’t I say just that? :cry: :balloon:

“1% spread = 0.5% offset on both sides”

I had written 1% buy offset, not spread. I am not referring to sell side at all (for now) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in favor of 1% buy offset and 1% spread for your gateway, whichever may be approved by the rest of FLOT.

I am confused by spread and offset.
What would be the buy order price before fee?
1.01 or more when you say buy side 1% offset?

Why ~ 9 btc are not on orders?

0.99 when we talk about buy side spread.
Now it is like 0.95 because gateway has 5% buy offset as last line of defense.

They are used as T2, not showing in buy order book.

Got it. Tks.

How is the T2 amount determined?

I guess by trial and error. We don’t have a formula about it.

That might have caused confusion as aired by @MatthewLM

Well, i can change anything (T1,T2,spread) whenever you guys tell me so.
:wink:

I can’t risk all our buy side vanishing in a flash.

I vote T1 to be placed at 1% spread, but only if T2 has equal fund as T1, and FLOT will decide when T2 is promted to T1 after observation.

If all fund has to be in T1, half of the initial fund should be placed at 5% offset.