NuBot development roadmap - From 0.1 to 1.0

By the way, though it should be in another thread, how does NuBot’s development get funding?

The same way as coredev and marketing I guess

1 Like

Good to see that the NuBot development goes on.
Is this idea still being followed[quote=“creon, post:28, topic:1175”]
I would really like to look a bit further again into using the NuBot in the TLLP client.
[/quote]
or did the approaches stop with @creon leaving?

I’m asking because of the tier 3 management options that are planned to be made available with version 0.3.4.
It would increase the security of funds by far if they could be held in tier 3 in times where the bot can’t place orders for a reward (or less reward than the taste of the liquidity provider requires).
To decrease the reward that is paid for liquidity providing by making liquidity providing less risky, that function would need to be included in the TLLP bot as well and not only in NuBot.
Ideally both bots would be merged (if technically feasible).

Nu assumes that B&C Exchange will mitigate the exchange default risk by far and reduce the costs of liquidity providing.
I think that assumption is valid.
But I also think that Nu should offer the tools for the safest possible way of providing liquidity at other exchanges as well - or shall Nu solely rely on B&C Exchange?

Liquidity providing at centralized exchanges might be necessary for some more time, I think.

1 Like

No, woolly is working on this.

I am.
Development stopped over the holiday period due to a lack of free time but I am picking it up again now.

2 Likes

I moved 11 posts to a new topic: On managerial issues and community members

1 Like

So NuBot development is getting funding from the B&C Exchange money raising, I guess.

In view of changed surrounding conditions, the roadmap of NuBot has been changed (OP edited) :

Short term priorities redefined, mid-term priorities adjusted, long-term targets compacted into undefined milestones.

1 Like

oh damn we’re at nubot as alp client? Hot dog! Any possibility for fixed-cost support?

I very much appreciate that!

You didn’t put that on the roadmap just because my headless raspi didn’t work with it?! :wink:

The new ALP server which NuBot will communicate with is designed for the fixed cost model.

3 Likes

hehe, I am typing a long message in another window, new thread(s) coming soon. With retrospect I should have published them all at the same time, but bear with me.

1 Like

I don’t know how to request a new page at https://docs.nubits.com/
It might not hurt to have another entry at “NUBOT”:
“NuBot on a RaspberryPi (with Raspbian)”.
The link to “Using NuBot” on the docs didn’t work when I tried to prepare my RaspberryPi for NuBot, because the repositories don’t have the Java installers for Raspbian.

I think it might be easier to maintain the guides at docs.nubits.com. But an update of the guide on bitbucket would to the trick as well.

I tracked the steps I made to have my RaPi run NuBot here:

1 Like

and I heard you back then : these steps are integrated in the official documentation : https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/nubottrading/src/b7dfd492e808e0a92081dcfcfc749ec3022e12f7/docs/SETUP.md?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

(control +f raspberry )

Also, from docs.nubits.com there is a NuBot hyperlink that takes you to the readme.md of the repository which is always up-to-date.

Let me know if you think that could be improved

Damn - I didn’t check the official documentation again… my bad.
It looks great!

I think the last remark I appended to the gist is useful and could be included to the documentation:

1 Like

I installed 0.3.2. The GUI launcher does not launch when I click either on “import json file” or “configure from scratch”. I am on mac. Any idea?

EDIT: It is probably because I do not have nu installed :sweat_smile:

This thread is to discuss the roadmap . Please follow steps explained in setup tutorial.

1 Like

Feature Request:
Every x minutes, if the price has not changed (think fiat pegs) and the account has a balance on either the buy or sell side bigger than y (y can be hardcoded), replace all orders as if there was a bot restart.

is that to facilitate competition with multiple custodians, right? For volatile-pegs a similar system its already implement that introduce random sleep times after receiving a price shift suggestion from push service. For fiat, actually for USD, there is already an open ticket. Will prioritize it in the following version since it has been requested.

I don’t think that’s what I’m suggesting, kind of the opposite. I’m asking that every so often, even if there is no price shift suggestion, the bot replaces orders. So the thought came from this thread, but it’s something I’ve been thinking about:

Anyway, it sounds like y’all have recognized the problem in USD pegs. That makes sense, I’m sure you’ll figure it out there.

1 Like