NuBits v5.0.1 Release

NuShare wallet is consistently crashing and I haven’t been able to stay connected or even use it the wallet cause everytime I go and get ready to shoot over to Nushares the wallet immediately crashes. I need help to find a way to get this wallet going again. Could anyone help me out on how to get my logs on where the wallet crashes.

The log is in the data directiory under the name debug.log. The data directory location is in the first table here: https://docs.nubits.com/creating-conf-file/

Please provide the 10-20 last lines after it crashed (privately if you can’t tell whether it contains private data).

I agree but this is because we have a lot more data in our blockchain than other coins (mostly about votes and their results).

Can any of you provide some logs or error messages?

Do you run with less than 4 GB free memory besides what the system needs? If you can’t have that amount of memory you could run with a lot of swap. If would be slow but it should work.

It works with 2 Gb swap on a 4Gb machine. But it would still crash every few days as I have showed earlier.
We should really start thinking about addressing the memory issues one way or the other. It just creates too much issues while a wallet should just work on an average PC. Else we are creating our own problem.

Currently running 16gigs shared with other wallets. Paging enable.

@sigmike the picture that @bitmaster1 posted is what i get as well. Sometimes it will run idle and when i hover the connection bars in the right corner it telling me that it catching up with the block and it has been 5 days that i havent been able to get anthing going. @sigmike ill try to switch over to the nusares wallet and then it crashes when with the pciture above.

You likely need more because of the other programs you’re running.

I can start working on merging 2.1 and finish the changes. I cannot estimate the cost though.

Can any of you retrieve the last lines of the log after it happened? That may help figuring out what’s happening, because since I can’t reproduce it I have no idea what’s happening. And what is your OS?

What’s your current number of blocks? Is it increasing? (it’s displayed in the debug window from the help menu)

So it crashes when you switch to the nushares wallet? Does the crash happen only when you do that? Does it also crash randomly when you’re not interacting with it?

Please do.

1 Like

PM you some bits of the log. :slight_smile:

Hi all! Where can I download the official local wallet for NSR?

The links are in the OP.

It would be great if the repair function could get rid of the orphans.

You’ve mentioned your wallets crashes a few times a day. How many NSR are you staking? Just trying to determine if it only crashes after a certain number of coins.

Also for those that don’t have issues with the wallet crashing all the time. How many NSR are you staking?

The wallet is not minting or staking as you call it at all. There is clearly no relation to that.

around 1/10 of the NSR holdings.

I am requesting this NSR custodial grant as an adjustment for the NSR quarantined in the 5.0.1 release. It does not increase the NSR supply. Rather, it is merely a replacement for quarantined NSR held in the following addresses in the following amounts:

Snf4uyshit1fj8dWKVxHsKTgTrNR61RskY 88606399
Sh5okqoxnFoiCVAJEdzfxzHqSyunriVPmp 371280
STWUi4iSgpAwJrycwrurn1j7DTS18w7ZDN 330000
Sg6aYkT7MP2R6FttKoKAPXqtTw1CHEzkZN 540000
SNQ4BWMpiumVtTEmrW4xAYfbJFhxdHZBxz 840040
SUGCjFktPEdXBquPJdSemuxZFy4AxvbXH4 890080
SeDCHvv8VQx1dsZFBJRJEmcjTTEvKU1QxH 730000
SickUboc7GTJK7TxF7vfYnunFLk81NLr9p 610160

Total of all quarantined NSR originating from
Snf4uyshit1fj8dWKVxHsKTgTrNR61RskY: 92917959

Custodial Grant Address: SZ4zZg2NyTTtmemXsJBnveuFuEgvbxVnXY
Custodial Grant Amount: 92917959 NSR (nearly 93 million NSR)

Not keen on creation of more NSR if not needed. I believe @jooize is to burn a significant amount of NSR from the buybacks anyway soon. Wouldn’t it be a simpler way to transfer these to be burned NSR into a new address. Total buyback must be getting close to that 100m NSR mark although I haven’t counted them lately.

This assumes that these NSR were meant for tier 6 reserve when peg is treatened and NBT supply must be reduced. Correct?

I don’t feel we should be granting any NSR to @Phoenix at all due to his history here. How do we know his systems (or motivations) aren’t still compromised?

1 Like

This passed

What difference does it make? Assuming those compromised coins have already been dumped at an exchange for btc.